actor Johnny Lewis Murder-suicide

Media coverage related to the Church of Scientology.

Moderator: Moderator Media

triumph

actor Johnny Lewis Murder-suicide

Post by triumph » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Johnny Lewis dead at 28: ‘Sons of Anarchy’ actor found in driveway of L.A. home, named suspect in murder of elderly woman

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... z27holhGOV

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.1169366

his parents Michael & Divona Levis run the Valley Life Improvement center
also founder the Lewis Carroll Academy for the arts
http://www.moreart.us/?id=7

Smurf

Re: actor Johnny Lewis Murder-suicide

Post by Smurf » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:49 pm

This was all over the news last night.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yebeJKigTR0

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/st ... lewis.html

Parent's are OT-8's..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv0PHOI4pMs

"Criminal records obtained by E! News reveal that the 28-year-old had a sprawling history of recent run-ins with the law, as well as a stint at a mental-health treatment facility."

http://www.eonline.com/news/349447/sons ... minal-past

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:30 am

Should I assume that he was raised a scientologist his whole life, and that he went to the best scientology schools?

His parents seem clueless to me. That or helpless. All their priceless "technology" and they couldn't help him?
“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”
― Hannah Arendt

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:05 am

Dorothy wrote:Should I assume that he was raised a scientologist his whole life, and that he went to the best scientology schools? His parents seem clueless to me. That or helpless. All their priceless "technology" and they couldn't help him?
Like many Scientology parents, they seemed to be interested more in their own journeys in Scientology, and less interested in their child's. Johnny was a gifted youg man with alot of issues which were not addressed. Of course, when a child reaches the age of consent, there's not much a parent can do.

A LAPD commander said tonite on the news that the old woman's death was gruesome and an obvious case of overkill committed in the heat of a lot of anger. He hinted that Johnny was under the influence of some drug, but said no more as toxic tests are pending.

Meanwhile, as expected from the cult of Scamatology, they are busy scrubbing clean their sites of any references of Johnny.

Thanks to Tikk for grabbing this before it was deleted....

"One of the highlights of the year's activities was the Narconon participation in the Orange County Substance Abuse Prevention Network event. As part of the anti-drug presentation given by Narconon staff, Johnny Lewis of the new television show "Quintuplets" appeared and told how his mother used the Narconon drug education materials to teach him to avoid drug abuse, thereby helping him succeed in his career."

triumph

Post by triumph » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:35 am

TMZ
Exclusive
Johnny Lewis: DEEP SCIENTOLOGY TIES
http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/28/johnny-le ... rug-abuse/
Johnny Lewis -- the "Sons of Anarchy" star who murdered his landlady, dismembered her cat and then fell to his death in what appears to be a drug-fueled rage -- had deep ties to Scientology and its drug abuse program ... TMZ has learned.

We've learned Johnny's father, Michael Lewis, has reached one of the highest levels in the Church of Scientology. In fact, in the 80s Michael co-wrote a movie with L. Ron Hubbard about L.Ron's "discovery" of Dianetics.

Johnny was also active in the Church, especially the drug abuse program -- Narconon. In 2004, Johnny is seen (above) speaking at a substance abuse prevention event in the O.C. on behalf of Narconon. The reason Johnny spoke was because he was in a new show, "Quintuplets," and Scientology posted on its website that Johnny's mother used the principles of Narconon to keep him off drugs, and it worked.

Ironically, it didn't work because -- as we reported -- Johnny was in rehab this year (not Narconon) and eyewitnesses say he was clearly on drugs at the time of the murder.

Interestingly ... after we contacted Scientology about this story, they removed the photo of Johnny from all of their websites as well as the story bout his appearance at the O.C. drug abuse event.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/28/johnny-le ... z27keDMnnL

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:50 am

Johnny Lewis murdered his landlady and then fell to his death -- but he also viciously took the life of the landlady's cat by beating it to death and DISMEMBERING it in the process.

subgenius

Post by subgenius » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:18 pm

I could be wrong, but this would seem to suggest that Scientology doesn't work and it doesn't help people.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:52 pm

I added Johnny Lewis to my list of deceased Scientology celebrities, on the fifth post of the thread Scientology Celebrity Spiderweb, at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=69963&p=456221
Deceased: Isaac Hayes, Nicky Hopkins, Eduardo Palomo, Gloria Rusch, Sonny Bono, Pablo Santos, Milton Katselas, Jeff Conaway, Amanda Ambrose, Renée Duke, Susie Watson-Taylor, Ole Boskov[/i], conservationist Lawrence Anthony, actor Johnny Lewis (Jonathan Kendrick Lewis).

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:47 am

Ironically, it didn't work because -- as we reported -- Johnny was in rehab this year (not Narconon) and eyewitnesses say he was clearly on drugs at the time of the murder.

Interestingly ... after we contacted Scientology about this story, they removed the photo of Johnny from all of their websites as well as the story about his appearance at the O.C. drug abuse event.

A Scientology source tells TMZ ... Lewis was not active in the Church for several years.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/28/johnny-le ... z27ob2zQPS
The clams will claim it was all the psyches fault.

I wonder if Johnny's parents were pressured to disconnect from him.
“The sad truth is that most evil is done by people who never make up their minds to be good or evil.”
― Hannah Arendt

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:06 am

subgenius wrote:I could be wrong, but this would seem to suggest that Scientology doesn't work and it doesn't help people.
And yet people wonder why I am so anti-tech and a, not just about where it is delivered.

This is yet another documented account of how scientology "technology" IS the root of the problem.

From The Anderson Report of 1965 Chapter 23 "Dangers to Mental Health" the very last paragraph stated:

It is unnecessary to dwell further at any length on the harm which scientology has done and can do to the mental health of the community. It is not to be doubted that scientology techniques worsen and prolong the mental troubles of the mentally ill and that they produce in even a normal person disturbances and anxieties which may precipitate mental trouble

How truly sad this is still happening decades after the writing was on the wall.
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

chantal

Post by chantal » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:17 am

Johnny Lewis was called a "threat to any community" before he killed a woman

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 07,00.html

After Johnny Lewis tried to break into a woman's bedroom window last February, leaving her feeling "really creepy" and forever fearful, the Sons of Anarchy actor received a harsh appraisal in his probation report.

The 28-year-old Lewis had descended from a promising Hollywood career and glittering social life as boyfriend of Katy Perry to a sordid life of petty crime, money troubles, homelessness and suspected drug abuse and mental illness.
I've been torn apart
Put back together
With a couple of pieces in wrong
I'm holding up now
Oh, but I won't be for long

skeptic2girl

Post by skeptic2girl » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:33 am

Smurf wrote:Image

Johnny Lewis murdered his landlady and then fell to his death -- but he also viciously took the life of the landlady's cat by beating it to death and DISMEMBERING it in the process.
That picture makes me really sad. But I am glad you posted it, Smurf.
I am super-glad this is in the news: believe me. But I'd rather hear more about Catherine Davis. But more about how Lewis didn't use Narconon for rehab, but went elsewhere? Yes, please...
"The truth is out there."

chantal

Post by chantal » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:26 am

I've been torn apart
Put back together
With a couple of pieces in wrong
I'm holding up now
Oh, but I won't be for long

triumph

Post by triumph » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:01 pm

I Was a Dear Friend of the Woman "Sons of Anarchy" Star is Suspected of Murdering
Hollywood legend Catherine Davis rented me -- and many other actors -- rooms in her home throughout her life. Johnny Lewis isn't accused of murdering an 81-year-old woman. He is accused of murdering a saint.

by Taylor Negron
An early '80s headshot of Taylor Negron at 24, the age when he first moved in as a young actor into the "Writers Villa" run by Catherine Davis.
If you look at initial reports of the death of Johnny Lewis -- the "Sons of Anarchy" actor and, as all the media outlets have made sure to note, the ex of Katy Perry -- the name of the woman he is accused of brutally and horrifically murdering is not even mentioned at all.
Her name is Catherine Davis. And she is a Hollywood legend. A near saint.
And a kind and loving mother to so many, including me.
A writer, artist and entrepreneur, the media later explained her as an “elderly 81-year-old woman." This could maybe be used to describe her bones.
Cathy Davis was a woman of astounding energy and clear-minded self-creation. The house she rented to accused killer Johnny Lewis -- and to me, Parker Posey, Thomas Jane, Chris Parnell, Paula Poundstone, and so many others -- was known to us as the "Writer's Villa." It is located in an affluent part of Los Feliz and was built in 1927 to resemble a Villa in Spain or Italy. The original bathrooms of Malibu tile still exist, reflected by the beveled mirrors in the medicine cabinet. Hand-painted pink. Turquoise and lemon yellow ceramic tiles are inlaid in the sunny staircase that is at the center of the house leading to a carved door that is always open.
Born into humble roots in Texas, Cathy made sure she got into UCLA and there flourished in that atmosphere of 1950s Los Angeles where endless possibilities and vacant lots and a lot of handiwork led to a dream fulfilled.
Marrying and having a baby, Catherine moved into what clearly was a dream house on that gentle hill. The marriage dissolved and the feminist movement took hold and Cathy became what I always called a "Sesame Street feminist." Bold and colorful, simple, direct. Easy. She understood how to flatter men, but was never taken hostage. These were the women who raised my generation -- equal pay for equal work. Independent with the smarts on their sleeves. This quintessentially modern California lady living life on her own terms, armed with only a stack of Sunset Magazines and 100-watt smile.
The ad I answered in The LA Times when I was in my early twenties, read “rooms to rent in Villa." I went there to see. At this point I was making money from acting in movies and needed to settle down and start thinking about buying my own home.
"Well,” Cathy said in her pert Texas twinch, "you're in the right place. I am a real estate agent, and we will find you something you will love.”
I liked that she used the royal "we.” Hollywood is usually more about “me” than “we.” I knew nothing about mortgages or equity.
“Your job is to be an artist, to tell jokes," she told me.
I made Cathy laugh intensely. That is the greatest gift of all that I treasure.
When we make others laugh, the tension grinds away, and the moment is balanced. The “me” becomes a “we.”
Those of us, that fraternity that lived at the Villa, understoond that. They were the sum of our parts.
I took the room on the right upstairs with a large rounded fireplace and a view of succulents hemmed by aromatic sumac bushes. These native plants give off a slight aroma like gasoline. Clean and startling. Over time, I would move in and out of the Villa while Cathy looked around for my first home. She was quick to tell me I was home and that it was “my room … always.”
much more@link

AngryGayPope

Hollywood Reporter

Post by AngryGayPope » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:03 pm

The same issue of the Hollywood Reporter which has a "bromance" article on Tom Cruise and DM has this on the dead actor's meltdown.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... ogy-375078

Man two nasty articles in one day! And that's just the Hwd Reporter!

Return to “Media Reports”