Rathbun book: The Scientology Reformation

Media coverage related to the Church of Scientology.

Moderator: Moderator Media

Don Carlo

Rathbun book: The Scientology Reformation

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:52 pm

The cover photo looks pre-Saint Hill, since Hubbard is young-ish and thin enough to wear a tie, and his suit isn't tailored. Hair styles are also 1950's. Are any of these people still in CoS?

The Scientology Reformation: What Every Scientologist Should Know, http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... ould-know/

Judith Anderson

Re: Rathbun book: The Scientology Reformation

Post by Judith Anderson » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Wow. This explains a lot, why the cult pursued him so relentlessly.

And all the dirt on Cruise, which also serves to explain the above.

bagelboi

Post by bagelboi » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Seems like he's got one book and he's parting it out.
Guess his little standard tech operation isn't keeping him in the lifestyle to which he'd like to become accustomed. :roll:

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:18 pm

Even though the photo was taken in 1950s, LRH looks fat to me. I saw photos of skinny Hubbard taken when he was a teenager. Once he reached the ripe age of 20, he became overweight; couple more years down the road and our hero became fat.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:04 pm

bagelboi wrote:Seems like he's got one book and he's parting it out.
Guess his little standard tech operation isn't keeping him in the lifestyle to which he'd like to become accustomed. :roll:
Poor Martyr, no, really.

All it has ever taken is one single solitary OT to make it all go right.

If evah there was positive proof(even though hubbard declared "proof" was an early aberration) that there is no such thing as Homo-Novis/OT, Martyr RatFace is it
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:54 am

A Chapter 8 excerpt has been posted on Marty's site, http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... s-of-hell/

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:19 am

I love watching Marty write books about how future deck chairs on the Titanic will be positioned.

bagelboi

Post by bagelboi » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:10 am

AngryGayPope wrote:I love watching Marty write books about how future deck chairs on the Titanic will be positioned.
WIN 8)

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:48 pm

Marty's Chapter 8 talked about how Miscavige taught Tom Cruise that the two of thm were superior beings, and how that made Miscavige want to bully his Gold Base workers more, to show Miscavige's superiority. I had never thought of that, and if true, it makes the Cruise-Miscavige relationship not just two "bro's" but a toxic we-alone-are-godlike duo. That can explain why Tom also bullies and controls his family, like making his mother divorce, quit her church and move west to join him and his sisters.

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:02 pm

I wonder how DM managed to convince TC that only two of them are superior beings -- all OT 8 are superior beings. Perhaps, DM told TC that they are making more $$$ than other Scilons, which qualifies them as demi-gods. But Bill Gates makes more $$$ than both of them combined.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Gold Base workers mostly can't afford the hundreds of thousands of dollars and demanding courses and sec-checks to "achieve" the OT 8 level. I don't know what level Katie reached, but it must be maddening for Tom that all his OT abilities didn't foresee her precise, flawless, and lightning-fast divorce offensive.

If Cruise and Miscavige see themselves as the Demigod Duo (with LRH being the full-fledged God) then Tom will never be able to find and keep a wife.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Chapter 4: The Selling of Indulgences http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... review-ii/

My comment: Dirt about the Feshbachs! Accusations of corruption! Too bad Marty's given name is Mark instead of Martin, cuz he's just like Martin Luther!

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:26 pm

Chapter 2: Is History Repeating Itself?
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... ng-itself/

Marty reads and reports on Durant's volume on The Reformation. However, he needs to clarify that the Catholic Church had "a" monopoly; True, it had local monopolies in many countries in Europe, but the Russian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, and Coptic Churches had their own local monopolies. In Islamic cities like Istanbul and Jerusalem, there were a variety of Christian Churches and other religions. In Greece and Balkan countries north of Greece, Muslims, Christians and Jews lived together, so there was hardly a monopoly. Jews and Roma (Gypsies, with their own religion) lived all over Europe.

Even among the Catholic Church, there were significant variants. Scandinavians never adopted "The Spanish Inquisition," for example.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:27 am

TOM CRUISE ABUSING HIS OWN STAFF ! !
Another excerpt from Chapter 8: “Then there is me!” – Tom Cruise
With me out of the way, Miscavige’s madness was unbridled. He began to tell Tom Cruise tales of having to physically beat the degraded beings in his environment to keep them in line. Cruise followed suit, doing the same to his own staff. Michael Doven, his long-time personal assistant, started receiving regular physical abuse from Tom. Another of Tom’s staff – a woman – was grabbed and slammed up against a file cabinet by Cruise for failing to show him proper respect.
More insanity by Cruise reported by the "Scientologist wife-to-be for Cruise, Nazanin Boniadi" - totally amazing.
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/1 ... om-cruise/

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:42 am

Tony Ortega Reviews Rathbun Book,
OCMB thread at viewtopic.php?f=11&t=119797&p=515491#p515491

and Ortega article at https://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com ... -new-book/

Return to “Media Reports”