Ortega's Underground Bunker

Media coverage related to the Church of Scientology.

Moderator: Moderator Media

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:34 am

Demented LRH wrote:I doubt that a reputable publishing house would publish Marty’s book because it shows that he is a Hubbard apologist.
His being a Hubbard apologist wouldn't be as much as a factor, as the publisher not getting back the money it forwarded to publish & promote the book. Publishing a book is not cheap, plus Marty's books only appeal to those Indies that perceive him as an Indie guru.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:32 am

A Yoga Master’s Question For Scientology OT 8′s: Can You Show Cause Over Matter? by Tony Ortega, Oct. 18, 2012
https://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com ... /#more-482

I can't locate the video, where the yoga master taunts CoS that Scientologists can't do whatever he does. Tony talks about it like there is some unusual ability, but doesn't describe it.

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:58 pm

All SO members who are not OTs dream about wonderful OT powers that they will acquire someday. But what those powers are? No one knows; when I asked for specifics, not a single respondent could provide them. When I was out of SO, I kept asking the same question and after endless attempts to get an answer I got one --OTs can send telepathic messages to each other. That did not seem much because the telephone could be used to achieve the same communication goal.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Later in the article Tony quotes an ex-staff who audited many, many OT's and reviewed many files of OT's audited by others. That ex-staffer says nobody revealed any OT abilities. They just had the ups and downs and frustrations of ordinary people.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:59 pm

LRH's bumbling world when he unveiled OT VIII
an instruction came from Hubbard himself — have the Advance! editor make a big deal about (OT VII)
At the time, Scientology was still dealing with the FBI raids that had occurred the year before, and prosecutions of Mary Sue Hubbard and others were still coming. A technical breakthrough would have been a welcome distraction.

Just a little more than a year later, in 1980, Hubbard went into self-imposed exile and would remain in seclusion until his death in 1986.
When L. Ron Hubbard Rocked the World: The OT 8 Release! by Tony Ortega, Oct. 19, 2012,
http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/ ... /#more-419

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:36 pm

This article confirms my suspicions that I voiced at ESMB -- OT 8 is the highest OT level, this is where the Bridge ends.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:14 am

Steve Poore quits, says DM Scared to His Core
business consultant in Burbank, Poore operated under the WISE umbrella (World Institute of Scientology Enterprises) and paid a percentage of his income to the church front group.

Between his courses, donations to the IAS, and WISE royalties, Poore estimates that over his 35-year career he paid the church more than half a million dollars.
...not only are more people leaving Scientology, but they’re coming out ready to talk publicly almost right away.
35-Year Scientologist Steve Poore Says Church Leader David Miscavige is “Scared to His Core”
by Tony Ortega, October 20, 2012, http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:21 am

Latest article is a mix of Hubbard praising child labor, plus snark on various upcoming events and their flyers. Sunday Funnies: Let’s Put Scientology Kids to Work! by Tony Ortega, October 21, 2012 , http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/ ... /#more-523

Don Carlo

Re: Ortega's Underground Bunker

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Scientology’s Sea Org Application: What Are Your Crimes? Oct. 22, 2012, http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/ ... ur-crimes/

In the reader comments, bboy said
Corporate Scientology has had lawyers like Tim Bowles scrutinize their hiring practices. They will say that it isn’t standard “employment” but membership in a religious fraternal organization, which is how they justify all this invasion of privacy and illegal questions.

My comments: Sea Org "will say" it's not standard employment" but it is, since the workers receive more than, say $200 a year plus room and board, so they depend on the paycheck like employees rather than pure volunteers. For example, my Scientology public relative has a good outside job, and really does volunteer, for NO money, as a Volunteer Minister. Sea Org work also isn't a contractor like a plumber, who isn't ordered about and comes and goes as he pleases. Of the three categories of workers: volunteer, contractor, and employee, Sea Org workers are clearly employees/

On the drug questions, Reader LeeAnn Clark said
Those are all the names of the drugs that were popular back when I was in high school in the 70′s!...When’s the last time you heard of anyone taking “blotter acid?” Or “purple haze”, (or)...angel dust? Note that they don’t mention any of the drugs that became popular AFTER the 70′s – coke, crack, ecstasy. Sure, LSD is still out there, but the street names are very different today.
Of course the questionaire misses the latest drug scares: oxycontin, crystal meth, and bath salts.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Tony covers The Sun reporter infiltrating the Saint Hill event.
Jones did a great job. She captured Miscavige’s style of delivery, the tackiness of the stage dressing, and the constant self-congratulation.

Just imagine the pounding some Sea Org security members are going to get from Miscavige after he realizes what happened. Oh my.
Martin Padfield reader comment on October 23, 2012 at 7:18 am:
Credit due to Sam Domingo also for briefing the reporters on what answers to give security if they were challenged.

I spoke to a few attendees on their way home after the IAS event. One, on OT VII currently was, reluctantly, prepared to engage in a little 2WC. Did she know why Mike Rinder left? Yes, he’s an SP. Did he become an SP overnight then? After all, for 35 years, including time on the Apollo with LRH he apparently wasn’t one. Well, chips in her husband, there’s 2 types of SP (meaning, he is Adminstrative SP – not a “technical” SP). So, technically – I am trying to clarify – he s not technically an SP.

British Newspaper The Sun Sneaks Reporter into Scientology Annual Gala! Oct. 23, 2012, http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:30 am

Lewis Black Calls Times Square Anti-Scientology Demonstration “Best. Protest. Ever.”
We.. had a great time watching We Are Legion: The Story of the Hacktivists. Director Brian Knappenberger was on hand to answer questions afterwards, as were some of the New York Anons featured in it: Vendetta, SethDood, and PokeAnon, who we have frequently seen at protests on 46th Street across from the Scientology org..
Black was starring in an eight-night, one-man show at the Richard Rodgers Theatre across from the local Scientology church. ...
Earlier today, he posted on Facebook a photo of the Anonymous protest with the words “Best. Protest. Ever.”
Oct. 22, 2012, http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/ ... /#more-618

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 am

Don Carlo wrote:Lewis Black Calls Times Square Anti-Scientology Demonstration “Best. Protest. Ever.”
He's referring to the one with the guys in hard hats... I find that kind of protesting counter-productive, though... but, hey.. it's New York...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qw1OcPSoNg

Don Carlo

Tommy Davis No Longer a Spokesman

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:00 am

The church’s website which lists its official spokespersons is now bereft of Davis and his wife, Jessica Feshbach. The two people who were behind them, Karin Pouw and Bob Adams, have been moved to the top tier. Pouw is now listed as the “international spokesperson.”
It’s Official: Tommy Davis No Longer a Scientology Spokesman , Oct. 24, 2012,
http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/ ... spokesman/

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:42 am

(Cruise sues magazines)... our own reporting on Cruise was very different from what Life & Style and In Touch were promoting.

In fact, we had pointed out that, from a Scientology perspective, Cruise seemed to be getting special dispensation in the opposite direction — ... because of who he is, Cruise is clearly getting around the Scientology policy of “disconnection” and can have all the contact he wants with his daughter and ex-wife.

(UK Scientologists Sue) Church of Scientology officials petitioned London’s High Court yesterday to allow a Scientologist couple to marry at a Scientology church, which is banned in England

(Family Sues Narconon) have three patients die in less than a year and have no explanation for it? As I say, the first time something happens its an ‘incident,’ the second time it’s a ‘co-incident,’ but the third time it’s a ‘trend’.”
Tom Cruise Sues, UK Scientologists Sue, Narconon Is Sued: It’s a Legal Free-For-All!! Oct. 25, 2012, http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/ ... n-is-sued/

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:37 am

LRH gem:
Medicine came into existence in the mid 1400s as Satan worshippers. And look at the number of people who have died since then!
Scientology on the High Seas: Vixie, Vitamins, and Satan Worshippers, Oct 26, 2012,
http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/ ... gh-seas-2/

Return to “Media Reports”