Cayman Islands agrees to report US citizens’ offshore assets

Media coverage related to the Church of Scientology.

Moderator: Moderator Media

Don Carlo

Cayman Islands agrees to report US citizens’ offshore assets

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:24 am

Any Cayman island tax evasion may come to light now.
Bruce Wiseman, former President, CCHR - hiding cash for the Church of Scientology
Confirmed, again, here:

SUMMARY OF ENFORCEMENT ACTIONS (ADMINISTRATIVE AND CIVIL)
BY THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF CORPORATIONS Oct-11
http://www.corp.ca.gov/ENF/Chron/2011/1011.pdf

You see, he's doing all this in the Cayman Islands. There is nothing the state of CA or even the USA can do about these activities, unless they are transacted in the USA.
by AnonyMary, 25 Sep 2012, WhyWeProtest, https://whyweprotest.net/community/thre ... st-2390916

Now the situation may change, as of today:
Cayman Islands agrees to report US citizens’ offshore assets under controversial law, RT.com Nov. 30, 2013, http://rt.com/business/cayman-tax-report-agreement-505/

Hat tip to The Wrong Guy, at WhyWeProtest, https://whyweprotest.net/community/thre ... st-2390916 On the same thread, Gottabrain wondered if the orgs had any money to hide in the Caymans, anymore.

My comment: What if it's Miscavige hiding money in the Caymans? Wouldn't that be a juicy story.

anondelmundial

Re: Cayman Islands agrees to report US citizens’ offshore as

Post by anondelmundial » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:04 am

I seriously doubt that Li'l Davie is porting $$ offshore under his own name. He will have several cutouts and diversions in his investment scheme. Only God and Li'l Davie will know where his money pot(s) are located and how they got to their final destinations, if there are final destinations. He might be continually moving his money tortuously around the world so that his funds cannot be tracked.

I will hazard a guess than none his funds actually originated in the US with the SO moving about the world.. I will also hazard a guess that the source of the funds cannot be traced back to Scientology at all. He might not even have monetary funds. His fortune might be in gold, diamonds, etc., purchased in Russia, China, Afghanistan, wherever. These might be stored just about anywhere, Trementina or other COS bunkers.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:46 am

anondelmundial wrote:I seriously doubt that Li'l Davie is porting $$ offshore under his own name. He will have several cutouts and diversions in his investment scheme. Only God and Li'l Davie will know where his money pot(s) are located and how they got to their final destinations, if there are final destinations. He might be continually moving his money tortuously around the world so that his funds cannot be tracked.

I will hazard a guess than none his funds actually originated in the US with the SO moving about the world.. I will also hazard a guess that the source of the funds cannot be traced back to Scientology at all. He might not even have monetary funds. His fortune might be in gold, diamonds, etc., purchased in Russia, China, Afghanistan, wherever. These might be stored just about anywhere, Trementina or other COS bunkers.
In titanium boxes under water in West Indies reefs, perhaps.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:32 pm

Gotta close my Cayman Islands account pronto!
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

anondelmundial

Post by anondelmundial » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:24 pm

This a little confusing to me since the Cayman Islands have had seemingly strict monetary policies since 2001.

http://www.cimoney.com.ky/AML_CFT/default.aspx?id=136

Schedule 2- List of Activities

Schedule 2 of the Money Laundering Regulations lists the activities that fall within the definition of “Relevant Financial Business”. These are:
Acceptance of deposits and other repayable funds from the public.
Lending.
Financial leasing.
Money transmission services.
Issuing and administering means of payment (e.g. credit cards, travellers’ cheques and bankers’ drafts).
Guarantees and commitments.
Trading for own account or for account of customers in: (a) money market instruments (cheques, bills, CDs, etc.); (b) foreign exchange; (c) financial futures and options; (d) exchange and interest rate instruments; (e) transferable securities.
Participation in securities issues and the provision of services related to such issues.
Advice to undertakings on capital structure, industrial strategy and related questions and advice and services relating to mergers and the purchase of undertakings.
Money broking.
Portfolio management and advice.
Safekeeping and administration of securities.
Safe custody services.
Financial, estate agency and legal services provided in the course of business relating to the sale, purchase or mortgage of land or interests in land on behalf of clients or customers.
The services of listing agents and broker members of the Cayman Islands Stock Exchange as defined in the CSX Listing Rules and the Cayman Islands Stock Exchange Membership Rules respectively.
The conduct of Securities Investment Business.
Dealing in precious metals or precious stones, when engaging in a cash transaction of fifteen thousand dollars or more.
The provision of registered office services to a private trust company by a company that holds a Trust licence under section 6(5)(c) of the Banks and Trust Companies Law (2009 Revision).

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:31 am

I wonder if some of the controversial big donors, like Nick Baybak, have accounts in the Cayman Islands...to hide the money from CoS!

Return to “Media Reports”