Jason Beghe in Rolling Stone Magazine

Media coverage related to the Church of Scientology.

Moderator: Moderator Media

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I'mglib
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Jason Beghe in Rolling Stone Magazine

Post by I'mglib » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:51 pm

I know this is in the big media thread, it's a little old, but it's SO GOOD I had to make it's own thread. Jason Beghe is the man!

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/fea ... y-20150330

Just a snippet:
To go back a bit here, why did you leave the church in the first place?

I think the word would be "attrition." My last 10 years in the organization was really the worst time of my life. I think my breaking point came when my wife got pregnant. I was like, "Holy shit. I'm going to be a father." I wanted to be a good father, so I started thinking about what what meant. I thought maybe I'd try to make a lot of money, but I knew rich people growing up and their kids were unhappy.

I figured out the best thing I could be was myself, so I did a fearless inventory of all the bullshit in my life. At that point, I realized that Scientology wasn't me. The next day I walked in and said, "I gotta get out of here. I can't maintain my own integrity and remain a member of this organization. It's possible to have an amicable divorce, and I think it's in both of our best interests we part ways."

They were insistent that I stay and talk to some people. I said, "I'll talk to whoever you want, but I can be pretty convincing. If you send someone to talk to me, I'm probably going to at least put some doubt in their universe." I think that four of the six people they sent to convince me to stay ended up leaving after talking to me. So, anyway, they hate me.

The movie says that their membership rate keeps declining. Why do you think that's happening?

Well, because they aren't running it well. [Church leader David] Miscavige is a sociopath. I mean, I had an idea to make them some fucking money and get a lot of people involved! I used to say, "This is bullshit! How are we going to clear the planet with these prices?" I think my line was, "You can't clear Beverly Hills with these prices!" If they were smart, instead of trying to be Gucci, they'd be Walmart. They should let you go clear for $200.

Did you go clear?

Oh yeah! I'm Operating Thetan V. I'm auditor. I could clear you!

"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Media Reports”