Battlefield Earth Screenwriter Writes Open Apology :)

Media coverage related to the Church of Scientology.

Moderator: Moderator Media

subgenius

Re: Battlefield Earth Screenwriter Writes Open Apology :)

Post by subgenius » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:47 pm

brownjedi wrote:I finally saw it not too long ago, was showed on cable, and it was not good at all. How did Forrest Whitaker get sucked into such a horrible movie?
He's a Scientologist.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:39 pm

subgenius wrote:
brownjedi wrote:I finally saw it not too long ago, was showed on cable, and it was not good at all. How did Forrest Whitaker get sucked into such a horrible movie?
He's a Scientologist.
http://brantleybardin.com/idol/forest_whitaker.html
interview with Forest Whitaker wrote:
So just what was the quest with Travolta’s Battlefield Earth?

(laughs) I think people are a little tough on that movie, because it was based on a book by L. Ron Hubbard and was John’s private passion.

Having also done Phenomenon with Travolta, I know y’all are close. As a well-known scholar of spirituality, any take on Scientology?

I’m not a Scientologist, but I’m definitely tolerant. If there are things I can find there to help me improve, then I would use them just as Buddhism, Christianity, whatever. But I see people making the jokes….and I’m truly not defending John or Tom [Cruise], I’m defending people being able to believe what they choose.

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Sponge wrote:
subgenius wrote:
He's a Scientologist.
http://brantleybardin.com/idol/forest_whitaker.html
interview with Forest Whitaker wrote:
So just what was the quest with Travolta’s Battlefield Earth?

(laughs) I think people are a little tough on that movie, because it was based on a book by L. Ron Hubbard and was John’s private passion.

Having also done Phenomenon with Travolta, I know y’all are close. As a well-known scholar of spirituality, any take on Scientology?

I’m not a Scientologist, but I’m definitely tolerant. If there are things I can find there to help me improve, then I would use them just as Buddhism, Christianity, whatever. But I see people making the jokes….and I’m truly not defending John or Tom [Cruise], I’m defending people being able to believe what they choose.
LMAO!

How would you feel Forrest, if you found out the actual facts and not rely on the words from those that have a vested interest in what you learn?
http://www.solitarytrees.net/racism/racism.htm
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:41 pm

How many courses has Whitaker taken?

stevewayne0101

Post by stevewayne0101 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:25 pm

The movie is bad and we all know it. But the book is great. Apologizing to the author of the book is the best way.

Return to “Media Reports”