Scientology ex-P.I. goon on Howard Stern show.

Media coverage related to the Church of Scientology.

Moderator: Moderator Media

Sponge

Scientology ex-P.I. goon on Howard Stern show.

Post by Sponge » Wed May 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Howard Stern Show broadcast May 3rd 2011
http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?m ... =11#jumpup

Summary write-up of the segment from the website:
Mark Chauppetta, Jojo Rider and John Lamb from On the Mark Investigations

ON THE MARK INVESTIGATIONS

Howard welcomed Mark Chauppetta, Jojo Rider and John Lamb from On the Mark Investigations to discuss their business. Mark explained that men and women employ him to investigate whether or not their spouse would cheat. He uses Jojo and John as sexy, available decoys. Mark said 60% of the men go too far: “Men are pigs. You know that. They can’t resist temptation.”

Jojo said she deemed male spouses untrustworthy: “If it gets handsy.” Mark remembered a time she let things go too far: “I almost fired her once.” Jojo nodded: “I did things. He was really hot and the client said she was done...things happened. We were both satisfied.” Mark said he found John, his male decoy, on TV: “I saw him on Vh1. On Tool Academy.” John said it wasn’t always fun work: “We got some 8s and 7s and we got some 3-woofers, you know...[but] I’ll play tonsil hockey with a 6 for a bonus.”

HE USED TO BE A SCIENTOLOGY GOON

Mark said he used to work as a private investigator for the Church of Scientology: “They hired me just to do--to do background work.” He would watch “everything you could think of about you. Surveillance. Pull trash.” But he wasn’t a member of the Church: “I was an outside contractor...but I did have to go through the whole E-meter test before I started doing work for them. It was like something like, you know, my 3rd-grader made with two toilet paper rolls.”

Mark wondered if it was the best idea to expose his past (“Someone’s going to be watching me, now, Howard.”), as the Church still employs the very best: “I was the best trash-picker in the U.S.” When he’s not working decoy cases, he still picks through trash, most often for his political clients, who are often looking for “anything they can find” on their opponents.

Smurf

Re: Scientology ex-P.I. goon on Howard Stern show.

Post by Smurf » Thu May 05, 2011 3:16 am

Yeah, Mark W. Chaupetta (real last name is spelled Chaupette) worked for the cult in Boston & in North Hollywood (MWC Investigations) where he was also an actor-wannabe. It looks like he's still looking for that fame. Sad, though, that this ex-goon is now caring for the special needs of his two young sons, stricken with Muscular Dystrophy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEkj5Iw ... dded#at=26

http://www.onthemarkradio.com/

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Thu May 05, 2011 2:47 pm

Interesting, thanks.

Transcript for the segment on scientology:

[HS=Howards Stern, MC=Mark Chaupetta/Chaupette, RQ=Robin Quivers.]

HS: You were hired by the Church of scietology, right?

MC: I was...

HS: Why?

MC: In my...there's a chapter in the book... I met them about 10-12 years ago and they hire me just to do background work, to do investigative work on...

HS: In other words, if I am a person who criticizes the church of scientology...

MC: They would hire someone like me to find everything you could think of about you, suveillance, pull trash...

HS: Why are they so paranoid? They have a successful operation...

MC: You know, it's weird I...

RQ: Who are they looking for?

MC: You know, it's weird, a lot of them are ex-members and I can't say anything bad about them because they've never handed me pamphlets, they've never forced me to go in that direction. I was an outside contractor, I said "hey look, so long as the money's green, so long as it's ethical". But I did have to go through the whole e-meter test before I started doing work for them. I twas like something a 3rd grader made with toilet paper rolls and they asked if I was a secret spy.

HS: Why not hire someone within scientology? Why would they risk a guy like you who's a loud mouth going around talking...

MC: ...who's gonna go on Howard Stern and talk about it 10 years later?

HS: That's right, hire someone from within.

MC: Because you know what? I have nothing bad to say about them, they're actually nice people, they've been good to me, they were a good client.

HS: What do you find out about the people about the people who criticize scientology?

MC: Just anything, you just gather intel. Knowledge is power.

HS: So what are they looking for?
RQ: What do they care?

MC: In case it goes into litigation. There are a lot of ex-members that are out there to err....

HS: You said while you were there, Tom Cruise walks through a secret passage way and then appears in rooms.
RQ: Maybe he just walks through walls.
HS: What do you mean, "a secret passageway"

MC: I was out at erm.... oh god... you know what? Somebody's gonna be watching me now alright. [laughter]. I was at the Celebrity Centre in LA many years ago and he said...they said he came through his secret private entrance. I didn't see it, I didn't know if was like a batcave or anything and he came by, he had a yankies hat on, I had a soft hat on, he said hi to me, he seemed genuine and was going to study.

HS: What is the secret entrance? So noone will see him, noone can behold him?

MC: I guess. I have no clue.

RQ: He was going to study.
HS: Study what?

MC: He was continuing his education.

HS: I think at this point he knows everything.

MC: I mean I don't know him personally and I've never done work for him personally but, you know, I was out there on a job.

HS: Now scientology church doesn't use you any more?

MC: I haven't done work for them in about 6 or 7 years. They're nice people...

HS: you think they weren't satisfied with your work?

MC: Er, No, you know I think they just suffered from recession and I think what they do is that they rotate a lot of different people and it's time to move on with someone else. I already did great work for... I did great work, I was the best trash picker in the fucking U.S.

HS: And you would find out things? What kind of girls they like? What kind of guys they like? Would you find out if they were seeing homoesexuals and then report that to the church of scientology?

MC: I would just gather the intel, Howard, and then I would give it back, you know "Post-Its", letters, envelopes, adresses. Banana peel you would throw out.

HS:did you ever wonder what they were doing with that material? Did you worry that they might be using it to discredit guy or to frame a guy or to do something like that?

MC: You know what? That's er.. you know again, I wasn't doing anything illegal. Pulling trash is legal if its on a curbside. If you going through a dumpster it's trespassing, it's illegal. So I'm performing my job as a professional investigator to get the trash and peform as a....

HS: Did you ever turn down a case because you think it's immoral?

MC: The only case I really turned down recently was a woman who though that someone implanted a listening device in her brain and she wanted to know if I could sweep her head....
Lol, and that's were the segment mentioning scientology fizzles out.

His book is available from his website at: http://www.on-themark.com

maarten

Post by maarten » Thu May 05, 2011 5:36 pm

HS:did you ever wonder what they were doing with that material? Did you worry that they might be using it to discredit guy or to frame a guy or to do something like that?

MC: You know what? That's er.. you know again, I wasn't doing anything illegal. Pulling trash is legal if its on a curbside. If you going through a dumpster it's trespassing, it's illegal. So I'm performing my job as a professional investigator to get the trash and peform as a....

And he thinks the Co$ people who hired him were "nice guys"

What a pice of work that guy is. He would have known well the lengths that the cult has gone to destroy people's lives. Yet he utters not one word of regret ; in fact, he seems to be proud of himself. Talk about selling your soul. :twisted:

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Fri May 06, 2011 12:47 am

He is just as "ethical" as his former employers.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Fri May 06, 2011 9:33 am

Tony Ortega from the Village Voice picks up the story.....
Howard Stern Questions A Former Scientology Private Eye
5th May 2011
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninsca ... ern_qu.php

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Sat May 07, 2011 3:19 am

Someone has now youtubed that audio segment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCLhWsTABDk

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Today we have this report that Stern suddenly thinks that Scientology is just another whacky "religion". Did he just miraculously unlearn all what he knew about the cult before, as shown in the previous show with the ex-P.I. interview?
I doubt it. So, why did he go easy on them this time?

http://www.examiner.com/howard-stern-in ... cientology
"All religions are a cult," fumed Stern. "You want to believe in religion? Good for you. No problem—but don’t sit and criticize a guy because he wants to be a Mormon...I hear people, they go: ‘Oh, Tom Cruise is a Scientologist. What an asshole.’ I say: ‘Well, you’re the same asshole.’ So, okay, Scientologists believe, from what I understand, that space aliens came from another planet and came down here and I guess created man or—I don’t even know what the religion is. And you sit there and you go: ‘Ah ha ha ha ha!’ Well go read the Bible, what they believe. It’s as goofy as that. In fact, it’s probably more realistic to believe that space aliens came down and actually populated the planet. That seems—logical—somewhere in the universe there were other life forms that were advanced and came down here. I mean, if you’re going to believe in something—what’s the difference?”
That's all I have so there might be more context to it. I presume the discussion was centrered around recent press on Mitt Romney (which I haven't reported on). It was when Robert Jeffress, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Dallas, told reporters whilst introducing Texas Govner Rick Perry, that Republicans shouldn't vote for White House hopeful Mitt Romney because he's a Mormon and described the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a "cult."

Demented LRH

Post by Demented LRH » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Mark is not the only ex-CoS employee who never believed in Scientology. The lawyers whom I met at OSA do not believe in Hubbard’s crap, either, it is all about the money for them. I never met Moxon, but I suspect that he is not a Scientologist, either.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Stern will say little things about the cult, but never goes to far and has stated that he doesnt say more because they like to sue.

Return to “Media Reports”