81 y/o scientologist granny jumps out of plane for Narconon

Media coverage related to the Church of Scientology.

Moderator: Moderator Media

Sponge

81 y/o scientologist granny jumps out of plane for Narconon

Post by Sponge » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:49 am

I know the scientology front group Narconon UK so desperately needs the money but... :eek:

Grandmother leaps at chance to skydive
Thursday, September 29, 2011 East Grinstead Courier and Observer
http://www.thisissussex.co.uk/Grandmoth ... story.html

MOST 81-year-olds are quite happy to settle for a quiet life, but not Audrey Bennett.

The great-grandmother is getting ready to leap out of a plane for her first ever skydive.

[Photo: PRACTISING: Audrey Bennett, 81, is gearing up for her charity skydive]

[Photo: 7 Forest Lodge East Grinstead. 81 year old Audrey Bennett who is doing a skydive for charuty]

.."I won't accept old age, so that's why I'm doing it. It's something I've always wanted to do. I'm really excited about it.

"Call it mad, indulgent, silly – I really don't care. All I know is that it will be challenging and fun," she said.

Audrey, who lives at Forest Lodge in Portland Road, will complete a tandem jump to fulfil a lifelong dream and raise money for a charity close to her heart.

The Zimbabwe-born thrill-seeker is raising money for Narconon, a drug rehabilitation and education programme.

She first came across the charity in South Africa, when its drug-free rehabilitation programme saved the life of the daughter of some close friends.

Since then Audrey has become a staunch supporter of the cause.

"Narconon is a very special charity to me and I want to raise the funds to help someone else," she said.

"It's a fantastic programme and can help someone start coming to life again. There are many, many people it has helped.

"I'm realising my personal dream in doing this parachute jump, so at the same time I want to help others realise their dream of a happy life free of drugs.

"The Narconon programme delivers that dream to thousands of addicts across the UK and the world, and deserves all the help and support I, or anyone, else can muster."

Audrey will complete the jump at Headcorn Aerodrome in Kent. A date is yet to be set.

She has been trying to keep the charity jump a secret from her family, including her six grandchildren, who are spread all over the world.

"It's fine. I'm very fit, I'm one of the lucky ones as I don't take any medication at all," she added.

To sponsor Audrey, visit her webpage, http://www.justgiving.com/Audrey-Bennett0
TAS database entry for Audrey Bennett:
http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/st ... nnett.html
Confirmed scilon from other googled sources.

from the "charity" page: http://www.justgiving.com/Audrey-Bennett0
Target: £5,000.00
Raised so far: £145.00
Page owner: Audrey Bennett
Page closes: 04/09/2016 (what? She plans on doing this when she's 85!)
There's a list of named donors there (I don't know if this is all of them or just the last few)
Narconon also has its own "Justgiving" page: http://www.justgiving.com/narconon
And Bennett has 2nd (empty) page: www.justgiving.com/Audrey-Bennett1
This is the donor list as of today.
Very admirable, Audrey!
Donation by Tom Shuster on 20/09/11
£25.00
+ £6.25 Gift Aid

Good luck Audrey! You are a brave lady :)
Donation by Julia Johnson on 19/09/11
£10.00
+ £2.50 Gift Aid

Dear Audrey, Drop in and see us some time - but not by parachute. All best regards.
Donation by E. Kenneth Eckersley on 11/09/11
£20.00
+ £5.00 Gift Aid

Hi Audrey, Brilliant - and inspirational!!! Go for it!
Donation by Liz & Louis Scott on 09/09/11
£20.00
+ £5.00 Gift Aid

hurray for you, Audrey. enjoy the moment. Love Marion
Donation by marion shuster on 09/09/11
£10.00
+ £2.50 Gift Aid

Brilliant Audrey .Make your dreams come true
Donation by Mike Ricketts on 09/09/11
[**donation not shown**]

Wow! Good on you -- how to be young again in one easy jump :) For a worthy cause indeed. Ray adhdtruth.com
Donation by Raymond Pembroke on 09/09/11
£20.00
+ £5.00 Gift Aid

What a challenge!! Good Luck to you.
Donation by Sue Cantwell on 09/09/11
£10.00
+ £2.50 Gift Aid

Donation by maria cowley on 04/09/11
£10.00
+ £2.50 Gift Aid
Some of them might not be scientologists. Some of them might like to know really what they are donating to. The East Grinstead Courier & Observer should fuckingwell know if it did an ounce of research. But hey, Narconon is a still a registered UK "charity" /rolleyes/.... for the moment.
This month Narconon was pulled up by the UK's Advertising Standards Authority for misleading statements on its website. See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=38793
Also see the OCMB Narconon Exposed forum section for other serious developments and fail for Narconon in Canada, from ex-patient/staffer David Love: viewforum.php?f=12

Demented LRH

Re: 81 y/o scientologist granny jumps out of plane for Narco

Post by Demented LRH » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:54 pm

“You are old. I do not want to stay in this decrepit body. Set me free. Please, do not open the parachute!!!”
Granny’s thetan.
“This OT shit is driving me insane. On a positive side, I laugh a lot these days because I’m at a funny farm.”
L. Ron Hubbard

L. Ron Hubbard era un maestro de masturbacion fisica y mental.

Return to “Media Reports”