Dianetics Ad on Channel Ten

Hman

Dianetics Ad on Channel Ten

Post by Hman » Tue May 16, 2006 11:43 pm

Just waiting for the sports to come on channel Ten Victoria (Regional - But I have a feeling it was a Metro ad, as sometimes they differe in content).

There was a short (less than 30 second) add asking if a book could change your life and then showing the Book as Diaretics and Giving a phone number for the Melb org.

Took me 10 mins to stop swearing at the stupid telly.

Anyone else local seen something like this?

Hman
"In a fight between you and the world, back the world"

Frank Zappa

Quadpod

Post by Quadpod » Wed May 17, 2006 12:14 am

Bloody hell, I wouldn't have expected it on mainstream telly, regional or not! But then it is channel 10 after all. They've already sunk so low they've gone right through the earth and out the other side, if you ask me. :evil:

It's pretty worrying. I would have thought we were safe from $ advertising on any of the big channels. I suspect it is only on the regional one, but that's bad enough.
I'm in Denmark right now, but I'll ask my brother to tell me if he comes across anything. He watches 10 all the time.

Thea

Hman

Post by Hman » Wed May 17, 2006 12:19 am

That would be good. The ad looked like it was from a metro production house (Regional ads are distictively bad) so maybe it is a new push

Frank Zappa

quaoar

Post by quaoar » Wed May 17, 2006 12:55 am

If this is an Oz over-the-air channel, this would be exceptional. In the US, the cable channels, often the local offices for the local area, can contract for a small spot for anyone who will pay the price for an advert. The kult was a major client say 15 years ago, but now, it almost never pays the price.

Currently, the kult is buying random spots on radio. These are one-off since so many listeners complain about them.

Q

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Wed May 17, 2006 1:32 am

I suspect this add is part of the 'push' of DMSMH (diantetics Modern Science of Mental Health) by RTC. Word has come from RTC to Sydney's Advanced Org that 250,000 copies of 'Book One' are to be sold. (I made a post in another thread) Due to the $700million+ Networks TEN and SEVEN have had to shell out for the rights to show A.F.L in Aus, they'll take money from anybody.
If youre in Victoria...start e-mailing the link to the Anderson Report to news outlets...it WAS Victoria who initially BANNED Scientology and took a huge SHIT on LRH in 1965 and prevented 'tax free status' until RTC appealed to the High Court in 1984 and subsequently got their 'tax exemption'. Lobby the A.B.C, 4Corners and the 7.30 Report.
I do!
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

Hman

Post by Hman » Wed May 17, 2006 1:42 am

Thanks Alert.

The email train is now rolling (I should have thought of some of these myself!!).

Hman

Frank Zappa

Hman

Post by Hman » Wed May 17, 2006 1:50 am

Just found this.

Going to add it to my complaint to Channel ten

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Cowen/audit/andrhome.html

Frank Zappa

Quadpod

Post by Quadpod » Wed May 17, 2006 2:20 am

The ad looked like it was from a metro production house (Regional ads are distictively bad) so maybe it is a new push
Yeah, I'd imagine it would have been filmed in Melbourne, but only aired on the regional channel. As Q says, it probably wouldn't pay off for them to air it on metropolitan tv.

Also, sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I came across this article while wondering if Today Tonight had covered anything $cientology related:

http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/story/?id=27793

Looks like CCHR helped them out with the story, probably suggested they cover it to begin with... lovely.

Hman

Post by Hman » Wed May 17, 2006 2:28 am

Logged a complint with the advertising council.

Logged a tip with media watch on the abc.

Sending an email to the Insight websight contact (SBS) and to 4 corners. Lets se if I get any bites!!

Frank Zappa

dito smith

Post by dito smith » Wed May 17, 2006 5:02 pm

:lol:
The Slime Oozing Out Of Your TV Set....

Sorry I counted resist.

Keep up the GOOD work!!!
Has anyone seen the bridge

venusian_traindriver

diarettics and CCHR ads

Post by venusian_traindriver » Thu May 18, 2006 12:05 pm

peoples...

The diarettics ad did appear on two nights in Canbera some time back ...probably in connection with the Canberra show when co$ usually sets up its yellow tent there hunting for raw meat. It was in the 6:30pm timeslot, and only aired twice.

The ADHD /cchr thing on tv was thouroughly debunked by Peter Bowditch on his "Milenium Report" (its the correct spelling) website. He spotted the connection and wrote about it. He is also not on CCHR's christmas card mailing list after his site awarded CCHR the ANUS MAXIMUS award, and despite several personal unannounced visits by co$/CCHR to his home, he has no intention of changing or removing any of his comments about cchr/co$ on his site. Check it out for a laugh.
:wink:

The venusian traindriver and crew

Scientology not only deceives others, but also its own members.
Last edited by venusian_traindriver on Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hman

Saw it again

Post by Hman » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:41 pm

During the sport on Channel eddie.

Not sure how many of the collignwood supporters would feel like help though (WARNING: Local sporting reference, unlikely to make sense to anyone) as they were getting flogged at the time.

So it was not a one off

Frank Zappa

Return to “Australia & New Zealand”