One opened, more to come!
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Recruitment just isnt what it once was in Sydney
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:19 am 

Strategically positioned in such a fashion opposite the Org in Castlereagh Street makes for good recon.

TODAY!, a lonesome FSM was out front trying to coax people into the Org with little success. She was mustering all the Tone 40 she had, and in the 45 minutes I spent counting and observing (only 2 went in after some coaxing from possibly 100 approached) who she was targeting (she was a rather attractive Asian lady who was more often than not targeting males in the 20-30 demographic) she hadnt manged to get anyone to stop other than one lady who stopped for about 30 seconds and hurridly left with a flyer for a 'free stress test' in hand (I actually saw the lady toss in the tarsh at the next rubbish cbin down the corner.

This FSM had the full stare happening as people approached and when they looked at her, she displayed the big grin trying to invoke interest in people scurrying past (most sorta just brush their hand in her direction and shook their heads in a 'no thanks' fashion). Many approaches were not made toward caucasians and were mostly directed at 'ethnic looking' people ( hence the newish sidewalk board for free stress tests being changed ), she managed to give 'free stress test' flyers to 5 African homies!

So, just under 40 minutes of watching this FSM pop in and out of an adjacent doorway (next door) acosting people on the footpath (she was starting to step right in peoples path by this time), a Sea Ogre comes down stairs onto the street and gives this FSM some verbal ( I wasnt close enough to hear, but the body laguage was decisive in its meaning) 'tech' (this FSM's arms are fully crossed now and she's almost wincing) and he then proceeds to head back up stairs to crack the whip on subordinates.( I imagine)

Sooooo, the FSM is putting it all out there and still no luck with her clip board in hand until BINGO!!! She spots 2 Asian young women strolling down the street. WELL!!!, she gets right in front of them and starts up the 'tech' and coaxs them into a doorway (she woulda been convinced her Tone 40 and the prompt from Sea Ogre was the guiding factor) and is pretty much got one girl interested (with her friend clinging tightly to her arm) as her other friend is sorta dubious (going by body language coz I couldnt get that close) and is trying for a moment to get her friend to continue on.

All this time the FSM is writing stuff down and putting it to her new raw meater and and the FSM takes 2 steps towards the Org doors and the 2 raw meaters are standing there and the FSM waves them toward the Org. These 2 Girls were hesitant (especially one of them) and the one first approached looked like she said (as she moved toward the Org doorway) to her friend she'd only go in if her friend went to. (more observation of body laguage here)

So the first 'rube' heads in and her friend reluctantly follows her.

The Org is all glass more or less on the street front and I could see that these 2 asian Girls were sat down and most likely copping the Personality Test first off to find the 'point of sale' and get them 'on course' quickly.

Scientology have been reduced (because Sydney just never dug hubbard since the mid 90's especially) in Sydney because they just cant administer 'stress tests' out in public the way they use to. Maybe the Theraputic Goods Administration have been tipped off about a device possibly being used to 'diagnose' stress when that can only be done by Medical Practioners :twisted:

Now for the pics.

The first image is of the FSM (standing behind the 2 Asian girls) with her Tone 40 :roll:

This next image is of the Sea Orgre 'giving it to' the FSM.

This next image is of the newish sidewalk board offering 'stress' tests. Note that it is rather umm..err..distinctive in who it is targetted at?

This last image is of what the sidewalk board was before. Its a little blurry, but you can see its very different and doesnt have a black persons face.

The overwhelming majority of those on courses in Sydney are non-caucasians and are Students from overseas studying here and it has been like that for considerable time (someone mentioned to me about theImmigration Office being interested some time back, that will be looked into may I suggest). They even have Taiwanese, Japanese, Phillipino translators that attend all events and are in and out of the Org whenever needed.

Students are the lifeblood of Sydney and if Scientology didnt have 2nd generationers to prop up Sea Org and staff, who knows what would happen.

Last edited by 'Alert' on Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:58 pm 

Thanks for this, Alert. I can't see the org surviving all that long if foreign students are it's entire public, and precious few of those it appears.

I am told they now have a mortgage to pay as DM, bless his heart, made a large loan against the building which had formerly been owned outright by the org. Having been staff in a struggling org for some years, I know there is just never enough money to cover everything. Those payments must be hurting.

Maybe some posters or handouts at the local universities would be a good idea.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:01 pm 

That image on the board, looks almost offensive. Isn't the Golliwog on Robinson's jam banned for a while now?

Last edited by Carreg on Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:26 pm 

Kookaburra wrote:
Thanks for this, Alert. I can't see the org surviving all that long if foreign students are it's entire public, and precious few of those it appears.
There's possibly many issues from the Social Security Act and the Immigation Act that should be drawn attention to in the New Year. Its not easy when ya one out trying to maintain some anonymity. When dealing with Statutory Authorities, you have to be explicit and being identified and the nature of enquirey. usually that means admitting a past with said 'investigatees'

Kookaburra wrote:
I am told they now have a mortgage to pay as DM, bless his heart, made a large loan against the building which had formerly been owned outright by the org. Having been staff in a struggling org for some years, I know there is just never enough money to cover everything. Those payments must be hurting.
I wonder if the 5.3 being sort for the Ideal Org is payment. My mail is that the castlereagh street building is owned by Church of scientology Incorporated and was purchsed in the mid eighties. Id have to get my line back into Council to get the exacts again. I sussed out that no DA had been logdged in regard to the Expansion/renovations and recently the Bridge Sydney Publication put in print that no DA had been lodged and wouldnt happen until all funds for The Ideal Org were collected

Kookaburra wrote:
Maybe some posters or handouts at the local universities would be a good idea.
That'd be a good idea, maybe a Uni student reading this Forum would do something constructive and get out there and take some affirmative action. But as you know Kookaburra, scientology and dianetics arent recieved well anymore and has always struggled, especially the last 8-10 years.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:31 pm 

Carreg wrote:
That image on the board, looks almost offensive. Isn't the Golliwog on Robinson's jam banned, for a while now? A photo would've been better.
The Racial Villification Act is pretty heavy in the entire country. The sandwhich board hasnt been there that long and it will be of little surprise when it is replaced by something other than a gollywog face. It is offensive Carreg and only a matter of time. Its been put out front for a reason.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:04 pm 

I do a bit of Org Patrol whenever I'm in the city. Lately the flyers out front are the usual "Solve all your problems!", heaps of shit about evil drugs (Ritalin is called "kiddy cocaine") and some plugging "The Married Couple" film, about marriage counselling or something. Yeah right. Hubbard would know HEAPS about it; he was married three times!

Recently I was at some youth festival thing down at Darling Harbour when I noticed a "Youth for Human Rights" stall. "Uh oh", I thought and went over to check them out. I go to the dude "Hey, wouldn't it be more honest if you put 'Scientology' in bigger print?". His expression soured. "Well it's not actually a Scientology thing, they're just paying for it." Uh-huh.

The Stress Test people are usually out the front of Woolworths on weekends. I took it once and found it pretty unimpressive. I didn't really have any stress :? People talk about how dismally Scientology is doing in Sydney, but some days I'm not so sure. One Sunday a few months ago, they must've decided to hit up the city HUGELY, cause there was a Stress Test on every block, heaps of guys in pale "Dianetics - The Book on Everyone's Mind" shirts, and "Free personality test" flyers absolutely littered Hyde Park.

On a daily basis you see a fair few Sea Orgers going about their business, too, particularly around Broadway with AOSH ANZO. I once convinced the receptionist there to let me have a billion year contract as a "souvenir" but I lost it on the way home. Also on Greek St you'll find a "Xenu Wuz Here" tag in the dust on the slates leading up to AOSH that's still there to this day as a tiny form of protest.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:08 pm 

M.C. Brown Shoes wrote:
I do a bit of Org Patrol whenever I'm in the city. Lately the flyers out front are the usual "Solve all your problems!", heaps of shit about evil drugs (Ritalin is called "kiddy cocaine") and some plugging "The Married Couple" film, about marriage counselling or something. Yeah right. Hubbard would know HEAPS about it; he was married three times!
Hey M.C, maybe you can post some pics and not be so infrequent in posting?

M.C. Brown Shoes wrote:
Recently I was at some youth festival thing down at Darling Harbour when I noticed a "Youth for Human Rights" stall. "Uh oh", I thought and went over to check them out. I go to the dude "Hey, wouldn't it be more honest if you put 'Scientology' in bigger print?". His expression soured. "Well it's not actually a Scientology thing, they're just paying for it." Uh-huh.
was that the CCHR exhibition at Darling Harbour they had to flick after 2 days because it started questions (after it was leaked to the Daily Telegraph before it actually opened) by some Politicians and Media types so it was only on 'round the same time as Auditors Day?

M.C. Brown Shoes wrote:
The Stress Test people are usually out the front of Woolworths on weekends. I took it once and found it pretty unimpressive. I didn't really have any stress :?
Really, outside Woolworths at Town Hall opposite the Town Hall on George St? Im in the CBD at least 4 days a week now and have actually got friendly with some retailers where the clams use to hang. They must be in the fourth dimension at Whoolies. Theres a Cristian who hangs out front of Whoolies i talk to=, so ill ask him what he's observed. I generally get around there at mid-day. What time do you see them on the weekends M.C, staurday or sunday? Ive yet to see them out in any numbers since The City To Surf and the TGA sniffing around from early October in relation to clams running 'diagnostic tests' that is illegal unless done by a qualified physician
M.C. Brown Shoes wrote:
People talk about how dismally Scientology is doing in Sydney, but some days I'm not so sure. One Sunday a few months ago, they must've decided to hit up the city HUGELY, cause there was a Stress Test on every block, heaps of guys in pale "Dianetics - The Book on Everyone's Mind" shirts, and "Free personality test" flyers absolutely littered Hyde Park.
Ya sure about every block? I counted a dozen who left castlereagh street and headed off to make their way to Bondi. The ED was frantic that people didnt show up and they had to send out mostly newbies. Coz it sounds like youre referring to the City to Surf run that they couldnt get the required numbers to get out and 'align' the public and flogg DMSMH to people. They mainly focussed on Bondi Mall and they didnt generate much interest, except for fellow clams pretending to be interested and hopping onto the cans with wide-eyed interest. The flyers that 'absolutely littered Hyde park' mustve been cleaned up pretty quick by the time I started out in the City and worked my way to the Junction..I didnt see flyers strewn everywhere. But that'd be because scientology and dianetics are failing badly across the planet and sydney people apparently dont suffer fools when it comes to a con. I did see a fair few red shirts, but they werent the yellow lettered Dianetics shirts(I cant recall what they were advertising, but there were quite a few.

M.C. Brown Shoes wrote:
On a daily basis you see a fair few Sea Orgers going about their business, too, particularly around Broadway with AOSH ANZO.
Would that be at around 10 am , 2pm or 4 pm? maybe you can post some pics? Have you ever made a post similar to this M.C? Coz I think I read a very similar post on ARS. Do you ever post in ARS M.C?
M.C. Brown Shoes wrote:
I once convinced the receptionist there to let me have a billion year contract as a "souvenir" but I lost it on the way home.
Thats pretty out of the ordinary actually M.C, they pretty full on at the A.O (which is uniforn=med with all Orgs) and they dont just hand stuff out like Sea Orger contracts..In fact, none of the Orgs will hand that stuff out because people have evil intentions.
M.C. Brown Shoes wrote:
Also on Greek St you'll find a "Xenu Wuz Here" tag in the dust on the slates leading up to AOSH that's still there to this day as a tiny form of protest.
Vandalism is a no-no. Hope you can get some pics and post them M.C, Most Mobile phones have digital cameras in them and all you have to do if you dont have software for you phone to PC, is you send your image to your e-mail address and them upload it.

Hope you post some pics and some info about your 'Org patrolling' more regularly M.C. Maybe we could organise something for the AO's News Years eve event starting at 5.00pm at Greek street. Theyve had such a shitty response in confirmations, they had to scrap the idea of the AJC Function Centre they were going to use at Randwick on New Years Eve because they cant seem to get 100 people to attend. Pretty bad for a City as populated as Sydney eh M.C Brown Shoes?

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:43 pm 

Quote:
Vandalism is a no-no.

Nah I didn't actually tag, I just wrote it with my finger in the dust. I don't really wanna get too involved with the scienos here with pictures, etc, I'd much prefer to keep my head down and I try to avoid the presence of evil. I just thought I'd let you know what i've observed of them lately. I usually see the stress testers most weekends. Oh and I've never posted on ARS before.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:44 am 

M.C. Brown Shoes wrote:
I just thought I'd let you know what i've observed of them lately. I usually see the stress testers most weekends.
maybe you can give some specifics in case Im missing out on something. Im in the City ever Saturday and Sunday for Yum Cha and know the ants dont leave the nest until 10.30 or so. A 'little birdy' is interested in passing on the info about the 'stress testing' to the TGA Investigations Unit. Any accurate details you can share about where youre seeing the stress testing would be cool, considering my mail is saying different. They dont even seem to be going to Flea-markets like they were a while back with stress tests.

Can you clear up some of my misunderstoods I mentioned in your other post?

Im heading into Town Hall momentarily. I slept in :oops:

Thanks!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:08 am 

Nice work, Alert... good recon photos.

But OMG :shock: what are the clammies thinking with that sandwich board?!?

Reminds me of Darkie Toothpaste which was/is a big seller in Asia. Some Vietnamese were selling it here in their stores in Little Saigon until some black woman saw it and complained... made a big flak, in the newspapers and ultimately the company began to change the name and logo!

:lol:

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:38 pm 

Roan wrote:
Nice work, Alert... good recon photos.

But OMG :shock: what are the clammies thinking with that sandwich board?!?

Reminds me of Darkie Toothpaste which was/is a big seller in Asia. Some Vietnamese were selling it here in their stores in Little Saigon until some black woman saw it and complained... made a big flak, in the newspapers and ultimately the company began to change the name and logo!

:lol:

<image snipped>

We have very harsh penalties and Legislation with the Racial Villification Act in Australia. That picture on the sandwich-board is in direct violation of the Legislation and you can be sure, that it will end up being removed in the New year once it is referred to the Statutory Authority in its being used.

A few Staff at the Grade V in Sydney were out front admiring their latest piant-job on a van that is going to be getting around very publicly. Some Sea Ogres and an FSM and a Registrar were standing out front admiring the paint scheme. I was in a moving vehicle and could only capture one image with my trusty Nokia multi-task-u-beaut-Mobile. The image is blurry and is only of the van out front of the Org. You can see the word SCIENTOLOGY partially behind the van in the image. I wish I wouldve been on foot and would have had a better image and probably several in fact.

I'll be watching out for the van in coming weeks and months.

Report this post