Nevada state health agencies want to inspect Narconon

Drug rehabilitation or Scientology front?
Don Carlo

Nevada state health agencies want to inspect Narconon

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:07 am

8NewsNow (Las Vegas): I-Team: Scientology-run Center Could Face Inspections, by Nathan Baca, http://www.8newsnow.com/story/21926312/ ... run-center

i-Betty

Re: Nevada state health agencies want to inspect Narconon

Post by i-Betty » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Oh my...

"From sweating out alien spirits to lifting objects with your mind, what happens at this drug rehabilitation center is far from scientifically accepted."

Nathan Baca is my new hero :D Talk about getting straight to the heart of the matter!

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:48 pm

Nathan Baca is a long time hero here.
Nathan Baca's expose on Narconon, viewtopic.php?f=12&t=244941

KESQ Investigation : Cult repurchases La Quinta "resort," viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30466

i-Betty

Post by i-Betty » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks so much for the heads up, Don! I'm going to research more of his work.

:kissysmilies:

PS. You are the living, breathing personification of OCMB's very own encyclopedia. I always search your posts first when I'm looking for something :D

i-Betty

Post by i-Betty » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Dear Don, I wanted to share something I've just read.

First of all, I followed the link you gave me to the other thread on OCMB that was started by AGP, which in turn took me to this report on 8 News Now by Nathan Baca. The story itself is a great piece of reporting, but I wanted to show you what someone had written in the comments section. I've formatted it a little (added paragraphs) to make it easier to read, but it broke my heart:

No name • 2 months ago

i was recently a patient to narconon and i had been what they call a review where i had gone there for a second time because i had relapsed. Being it as my second time i had a little more of a understanding of what they were trying to do.

I had called it a ocult and was pulled out and told if i continued to talk like this then i would be pulled out of the program. Being as i had no where to go at the time then i guess i would have been sent to the homeless shelter in saint george.

This place claims a 76 percent rate in sobriety after completing the program. Its all a hoax and a scam i believe the 76 percent is actually how many people come back on a review program which in coincidence is actually shorter then the first original program. Therefore saying we know the routes they were trying to brainwash us in but are told we had overts and withholds therefore we relapsed and therefore we were punished because we came back by making us clean the whole center and were put on something they call ethics.

They told me countless times that i was cleaning because my ethics were out of place. At the time i was still withdrawing while cleaning and i was told i was takin out of withdrawl because i was already a patient there once before and i should be able to deal with the withdraws. I was in pain for about a week and was threatened many times that if i did not do my ethics then i can just leave and they will take me to the homeless shelter!

There is a lot of problems with this place and the first is how much it costs! 33 thousand dollars is what was paid for my program. Thats a lot of money for a hoax and scam! They told us that the main headquarters was in cali but if i am correct on this, that is where the church of scientology is located?? This place is horrible please dont send your family and loved ones there as i have experienced how bad it is first hand!
Treated like a simpleton, punished, mocked. All he was asking for was a little help and human kindness, but he was trapped. He had nowhere to go, nobody to save him.

Return to “Narconon Exposed”