Copenhagen saturday 15/3-2008

anonymousedk

Copenhagen saturday 15/3-2008

Post by anonymousedk » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:37 am

Just wanted to say that we'll be there on the 15th.
On the 10th of february, we were around 40-50 people. This time we hope to double that number.

The picket will be at AOSH-EU on Jernbanegade 6 from 12 noon until 6 pm. We meet up at Axeltorv at 12, then move the short distance as a group. If you are late, no problem :)

We have a website at http://scientologyinfo.eu and a wiki at http://scientologyinfo.eu/wiki

If you are an ex-scientologist, I look forward to meeting you!

Kilia

Post by Kilia » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:59 am

Thank you for the heads up, anonymousedk. :)

SchwimmelPuckel

Post by SchwimmelPuckel » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:09 pm

Heyhoo hellooo, anonymousedk!

You probably saw on Enturb that I can't make it. I hope you guys make a spectacular event.

Here's the thread with the debrief from last time:
Thread: DENMARK: COPENHAGEN: First Feb10 News Links

Exes in DK! - To misquote Tom Cruise: "Now is the time! Now is the time! - Why ask permission! - We are the SP's, and screw the International Justice Chief!"

:onebounce:
[i]Ask not what [url=http://www.lermanet.com][color=blue]Scientology[/color][/url] can do for you, ask what the F*arck! is going on.[/i]

anonymousedk

Post by anonymousedk » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:37 am

We were about 50 people at the height. A bit disappointing, but it's alright.
I handed out all my 400 fliers, averaging 1.5 fliers per minute. Pretty sweet. Last time I handed out ~250, averaging less than 1 per minute.

I talked to one public scilon who seemed somewhat interested and/or taken aback when I mentioned Freezone/Ron's Org. I also talked about how it cost $400.000 to be "saved" to which he replied that that was about what he'd spent during his 20 years as a Scientologist (including donations just cause he liked scientology). I later asked him how far he'd progressed, and he said he was almost Clear... Very sad.

I also talked to an ex-scientologist who had apparently taken it to the max both in and out of CoS. He'd been out for the last 15 years. He said that they'd been told by some spirits that L. Ron died in '82 and not in '86 as CoS says. I remember Miscavige doing something in '82, but other than that it seemed like BS. He also said that when he was in it was rather cheap. Then they started raising prices 5% every month...

As I was handing out fliers, one oldish lady asked if she could have them all (at this point I had 5-10 in my hand) and I brushed her off, but quickly changed my mind, if she'd hand them out. She said she would, took my remaining fliers and walked in the door to AOSH-EU... :shock: :lol:
At least she only got the aforementioned few fliers. Lots more were in my bag :mrgreen:

I also tried handing out a flier to a pair of ~10 year old kids at which point frantic "OH NOES" were heard from the entrance to AOSH-EU. This was apparently their mother, who was kind enough to trade my flier for a copy of Source #197

The CoS also called the cops on us (they came at ~17:15), probably due to a few of us standing on their side of the road handing out fliers. These cops weren't very nice, promising $100 tickets (per person) if we were in violation again, or if we stepped into the road (the road widens at this point, and a big dumpster were shielding us from traffic).
I'm pretty sure this is complete bullshit and wouldn't hold for one second in court. We have the right of free assembly, and the police have the right to break up the assembly, if it is a nuisance/problem. Standing on the sidewalk handing out fliers is not.

Return to “Denmark”