Manchester

Beck_fan

Manchester

Post by Beck_fan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:25 pm

Anyone ever been by the office in Manchester ? ive read of protests ect there , any planned for the near future ?

audioedge

Post by audioedge » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:58 pm

Im looking to do my first picket to the manchester branch in the nr future... looking for anyone whos interested in helping, thanks!

frankkk

Post by frankkk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:28 am

I'd be intrested in a picket in manchester :D

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:36 am

frankkk wrote:I'd be intrested in a picket in manchester :D
Next major protest March 15th.
Planning in progress at enturbulation.org....
Here's a direct link to their Manchester thread..
http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewtop ... =47&t=2126

saxonwhittle

Re: Manchester

Post by saxonwhittle » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Oh hello,

This is my first post. I live right by the scientology shop and it is driving me insane every time I walk past - I'm so angry about them being aloud to locate in the UK.

There was a guy who gave me a leaflet outside which has eventually led me here... wondered if there were any active people from Manchester on here?

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Nov 13 is next picket* for Manchester. Until then, don't let them know YOU are a critic, since you have to live in that area. They have security cameras so don't even tuck a pamphlet under the door - they might charge you with trespassing and littering. Hide your identity at the picket, and don't touch or fight confrontational Scientologists because they hope to trap you into an assault charge. Always have an ally with a camera, and don't get followed back to your car or flat.

If CoS figures out your identity, CoS will hunt for any weakness like being on probation, being a foreigner without good papers, or other legal irregularity, and use a trivial charge to expose you and drag you through the courts. So stay safe.

* http://forums.whyweprotest.net/262-europe/

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:17 pm

saxonwhittle wrote:Oh hello,

This is my first post. I live right by the scientology shop and it is driving me insane every time I walk past - I'm so angry about them being aloud to locate in the UK.

There was a guy who gave me a leaflet outside which has eventually led me here... wondered if there were any active people from Manchester on here?
"neil c" is from Manchester. Here's a link to one of the recent protest reports...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32853

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:19 am

To be on the safe side I'd advise you to not take part in the pickets. Now that you've told us here that you live near them I would advise you not to tell anything you observe in your posts. Instead find someone to whom you can send them via personal message (PM) and have them post them for you. Also alter insignificant information so that it makes it difficult to figure the stuff is from you.

This may all seem paranoid but it isn't. They are a nasty poisonous lot - not necessarily all the individuals involved but enough of them are that you had best be careful. Have you got deadbolts on your doors? Pick proof locks?

Be safe. There are lots of people in Manchester already doing a lot. There are ways you can contribute without putting yourself at risk.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:15 pm

If you picket, hide your identity and address even from the other picketers, until you trust them. Especially don't obviously come and go from your nearby flat. If you look distinctive from a distance (very tall or short, unusual hair, walk with a limp) you shouldn't picket even with a mask on, because CoS workers film picketers and try hard to figure out who each one is, and they might recognize you as a neighbor.

When you post, don't disclose job history, school, age, or whom you are living with. Don't post "I had an argument Tuesday with a Manchester CoS worker." CoS workers read these posts for ANY clues.

If you accidentally reveal too much, you can abandon your Clambake nickname and re-register under another name.

Simonymous

Post by Simonymous » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Saxon - instead of getting a friend to post stuff for you, just make a second name here. You could use Saxonwhittle as your Manchester picket report handle, and your second one to talk about other things. If saxonwhittle somehow involves your name or is identifiable to you, like you use it everywhere and you've posted pictures of yourself, discontinue using that name here immediately. Otherwise, the two names can be a handy thing.
“...the injuries that {Hubbard} handled by the use of Dianetics procedures were never handled, because they were injuries that never existed; therefore, Dianetics is based on a lie; therefore, Scientology is based on a lie.” --Tommy Davis

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:34 am

Don Carlo wrote:If you picket, hide your identity and address even from the other picketers, until you trust them. Especially don't obviously come and go from your nearby flat. If you look distinctive from a distance (very tall or short, unusual hair, walk with a limp) you shouldn't picket even with a mask on, because CoS workers film picketers and try hard to figure out who each one is, and they might recognize you as a neighbor.
If you don't look distinctive from a distance and picket scientology change the way you walk and change your posture while you picket. I'm not going to explain why, just do it.
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:35 am

I dunno. I think these days their bark is a lot worse than their bite, and they have too many people to go after to bother with an individual at a protest. But that's just me.

Also, welcome to the board, saxonwhittle. Glad you found us. Stick around and read some of the main board and the message board.

I think Manchester is where Tony, father of Becky, protests. Becky joined the cult, and Tony her father started protesting to get her out. It seems that he succeeded.

Tony's Youtube channel is Getbeckyout.

http://www.youtube.com/user/getbeckyout

Neil C is in this video about the Church and Human Trafficking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A4l-GItmxY
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

outoforder

Post by outoforder » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:04 am

Hello saxonwhittle, I have only just noticed this thread about Manchester. Me bad.

I somtimes do solo protests at Manchester and somtimes protest with the anons ( It has been a while since I protested with the anons due to work commitments) . The next scheduled protest is 8th January at 11 a.m. Here is the link from WWP http://forums.whyweprotest.net/262-euro ... -uk-74711/.

I'm not sure if it was me, or someone else who gave you the leaflet. I'm a fair weather supporter these days; if it is raining or too cold I tend to stay at home. I will no doubt be protesting again in the new year; when and where only the OT's of Manchester could possibly know, with their amazing powers.

xenustolemyface

Post by xenustolemyface » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi, just joined OCMB to ask if there are any plans to picket again soon? Getting annoyed at seeing that place, so I wanna join in.

Return to “United Kingdom”