Picket report,Brighton UK

antiscn

Picket report,Brighton UK

Post by antiscn » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Earlier today there was a small gathering of people outside the Scientology centre in Churchill Square,Brighton,to hand out leaflets and inform the public of the dangers of the cult..When I arived there were only 3 anons there,but another joined us later,providing a white board for our message, "Scientology,ruining people's lives since the 1950s".
We spoke to the police who were friendly and respectful.
Our flyer had 'Scientology' as the header which put some people off-they wanted nothing to do with Scientology but when we explained we were warning people about the cult,they were interested.
We attracted a few oddballs who came and went.
The Scientologists stayed inside their building but filmed us from a window..Once they knew we had seen them or their camera they would disappear or move but then reappear at another window.
The Anonymous folk i met were really nice,would love to picket with them again,and hopefully get LOTS more people to come!
Unfortunately I couldn't hang around for long this time but will make up for it next time!Pic to come!

antiscn

Post by antiscn » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Forgot to say,we met a couple from East Grinstead who said they would have protested if they had known about it in advance-they weren't too happy with the Scientolgists!Next time we will have to try and spread the word further!

antiscn

Post by antiscn » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Scientologists filming protestors-camera in bottom right hand corner of window!!
Our small but friendly protest!

:D :D :D

Return to “United Kingdom”