Guest Book 2001

Please enter a short greeting. PS: Not for debates or replies, only short greetings from unregistered visitors. Anything else will be deleted without notice.
Forum rules
This is
THE OC GUEST BOOK

This is a place for unregistrered visitors to leave short greetings. And only that. Register and debate and reply in other topics. Anything but short greetings from unregistered visitors will be deleted without notice.

Welcome to OCMB! :D
Judith Anderson

ARCHIVE 2002

Postby Judith Anderson » Fri Dec 28, 2001 5:43 am

Go get 'em, Mom!

Exploitation of the elderly is a crime in every state. They also exploit disabled people. Look up Raul Lopez on word search.

Would like to know the outcome of your reports.

From one who also has family trapped in there.

And don't let them think you are afraid. They count on that.

pippi

ARCHIVE 2002

Postby pippi » Fri Dec 28, 2001 1:29 pm

Dear Rosalind,

You are an uncommonly courageous person and I am safe in speaking for many people here that we wish you the best in your efforts to rescue your daughter from Scientology and will be here for you with moral support and advice.

This discussion board is visited by people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and viewpoints. Although most of us are concerned about the abuses of the Church of Scientology and highly critical, some adherents of Ron Hubbard occasionally drop in. You may discover that they resent your attempts to 'destroy your daughter's religion and keep her from achieving eternal and total freedom'. You may also meet some former Scientologists, some of whom were at the highest levels of the organization. They can give you a better idea than I of what you are up against.

Judith Anderson's reference to Raul Lopez can be found in these links: New Times LA or here

You will also want to learn more about a young woman, perhaps not unlike your own daughter, someone who suffered a most serious consequence of involevement in Scientology - Lisa McPherson. Strapped to a bed for 17 days in the Scientology 'Vatican' in Clearwater Florida after experiencing a psychotic episode in public. She died dehydrated and with cockroach bites on her body.

friend

ARCHIVE 2002

Postby friend » Fri Dec 28, 2001 4:41 pm

Momroz,
You definately are brave and moral. Thanks for posting here. If more people were like you, the cos would have more trouble taking advantage of innocents. Hopefully, your posts will stand as a record of your motives and courage; it the cos tries to dog you, everyone here- including the scientologists- will see just what the cos does to harm people.
The best of luck to you and to your daughter!

friend

haarek

ARCHIVE 2002

Postby haarek » Fri Dec 28, 2001 5:27 pm

Momroz I see others have given you homework.

If you have time, I will recomend a book.
It is a book about how Mind Control works, and how to help a person leave a destructive cult like $cientology.

Book: Releasing the Bonds, by Steven Hassan
LINK

Saguaro Rose

ARCHIVE 2002

Postby Saguaro Rose » Fri Dec 28, 2001 6:34 pm

Momroz: good for you! It's not easy to fight against something you know is wrong, when Scientology is involved. You will find LOTS and LOTS of support here. Please do keep us up to date on how it is going for you! We're all pulling for you!

jarboy98

ARCHIVE 2002

Postby jarboy98 » Sun Dec 30, 2001 5:35 am

Welcome Freebird. I am relatively new to the site, not a scientologist or former scientologist, worked some years in an organization which was run by scientologists. Have researched the org over time. I very much liked your offer to help others who have been harmed by this organization and applaud your feisty and informed spirit. I am heartened when I see communications like yours. You have intelligence and courage. Thank you.
JB

Byron

ARCHIVE 2002

Postby Byron » Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:28 pm

Hello all !

I would like to congratulate everyone involved in this concerted effort towards exposing the problems and abuses that are occuring in Scientology. I am putting a link to Operation Clambake on the website that I edit.

I am a client ( ie. patient )of the mental health system, and also a campaigner for mental health rights. ( Based in UK. ) I believe that Scientology's contributions in this field are mainly negative and give genuine mental health campaigners a bad name. Their sensationalist approach to the issues can belittle the genuinely distressing experiences that some people with mental illness have suffered.

Although generally critical of psychiatry, I am certainly happier to be treated within the mental health system than within Scientology ! ( And believe me, after some of the bad experiences that I have had within the British mental health system, that is saying something ! )

I am aware that Scientology often hides behind various 'front groups' - as mentioned on this website and elsewhere. Does anyone know of a website / webpage that lists mental health organisations Scientology is involved with ? There are a lot of critical psychiatry websites and organisations out there, and it would be great to know which were controlled by Scientology. ( Mainly so that I can avoid them. )

Scientologists seem to enjoy claiming that people who are critical of them are somehow indoctrinated by or supporters of the psychiatric system. Well, I am massively critical of the psychiatric system both here and in America, and even I am anti - Scientology !!!

Once again, congratulations to all, - most of all to those who have had the courage to speak out about the experiences they have had within Scientology.

Oh, and last of all, I am not, never have been, and never will be a Scientologist. ( I hope !! )

don_carlo

ARCHIVE 2002

Postby don_carlo » Mon Dec 31, 2001 1:27 am

Welcome, Byron. Hubbard's "World Without Insanity," if applied exactly, would mean that a person with depression or schizophrenia would HAVE to get "cleared" by Scientology. If that failed, he must be connected to a suppressive or potentially suppressive person (or be one himself). Since COS (and the rest of us) haven't found out how to prevent the mental illness from arising, COS would interrogate the poor patient for the name of this "suppressive person" that is "causing" the mental illness. In a "cleared," all-COS nightmare world, one percent of all adolescents would STILL suddenly fall into schizophrenia. For each patient, the quest for the "suppressive person" would resemble the nauseating barbarity of a witch hunt.

And if COS were the law unto itself, it could decide the mentally ill person is HIMSELF the "suppressive person," and dispose of him, "quietly and without sorrow" along with the psychiatrists and psychologists.

Judith Anderson

ARCHIVE 2002

Postby Judith Anderson » Mon Dec 31, 2001 1:27 am

I am also critical of the psychiatric system, not of those within it who dedicate themselves to enhancing the lives of the mentally ill, but those who construct roadblocks against real progress,
which causes it to stagnate. Mental illness in this country is not given equal time with other organic diseases, and this is a political issue.
We have legislators who are fighting to make the insurance companies give the same benefits to those who have mental health problems as those who have physical problems. But it's all physical as mental illness is a brain disease. A recent bill to make this happen was defeated, and guess who stepped up and took part of the credit for its defeat? The CCHR - Citizens Commission on Human Rights, which is a CoS organization. That's the one you would want to steer away from.
My view is that they would lose credibility if it was finally asserted that mental illness is a genetic issue like many other illnesses and not caused by a malevolent Mom or space cooties (BTs).

Return to “Guest Book”