Guest Book 2002

Please enter a short greeting. PS: Not for debates or replies, only short greetings from unregistered visitors. Anything else will be deleted without notice.
Forum rules
This is
THE OC GUEST BOOK

This is a place for unregistrered visitors to leave short greetings. And only that. Register and debate and reply in other topics. Anything but short greetings from unregistered visitors will be deleted without notice.

Welcome to OCMB! :D
Blondie

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by Blondie » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:23 pm

On March 5, 2002, Cocoon wrote:

"I’m an alcoholic and I have a perverted streak that I often dramatize. This has been my state of affairs for the past 10+ years. After just 25 hours of Dianetics (and reading all of the basic Dianetics and Scientology books) I joined staff. But I joined staff mainly to get free auditing and training. Yes I wanted to help others but I really wanted to help myself.

I hung in there awhile on staff. But when things got tough, when I couldn’t get the stats up week after week after week, I got careless. A few beers here. A few thoughts there. And before I knew it, I had decided that I was doing the org more harm than good and I blew. Sometimes I wish I would’ve stayed a pc longer before joining staff. Received more auditing, stabilized. I always wish I would’ve stuck it out on staff. Got my act together, toughened up. But a few bad decisions compounded and got out of my control. Staff can be tough. It’s no clinic. Sure production should be rewarded with training and auditing, but I shouldn’t have joined for that reason."

Then, on this thread on December 19, 2002, Scorcher wrote:

"But hey, TT, don't get me wrong. I'm not a sniveling drug addict. I'm having the time (still) of my freaking life! I'm out there meeting all kinds of people from all walks of life, gaining new realities everyday. I drink with bums and hookers, I goto parties with Cardinals and Bishops, and I take time to speak and listen to everyone in between. The one thing that makes this possible in my estimation is that I'm doing a stellar job at work. This sort of offsets my out-ethics behavior, on the surface anyway."

This may, in fact, be the same person. Probably is. I think more than anything that Cocoon/Scorcher needs some serious intervention for his drug and alcohol problem (which he currently says is no problem). He says he is doing great at work so this makes it okay. There is such a thing as a functional alcoholic and these are classic symptoms.

BTW, Scorcher, you "accidentally" posted your alleged real name twice in that particular thread. In that same thread, on March 6, 2002 at 1:29 am you said you were leaving the board, never to come back, not even to satisfy some curiousity about replies to your post. But on April 6, 2002, you came back and responded to posts between them.

I would recommend the nearest fellowship of alcoholics anonymous to you. Their help is free and you don't have to give them any of your personal information. If you want to buy a book and don't have the money for it, someone in the fellowship will usually buy you one. They might run all of $6 by now for a hard bound copy of the Big Book.

Of course, the only thing that will keep AA from working for you is your own failure to admit that you have a problem. If you have not awoken to the hideous four horsemen yet, terror, bewilderment, frustration and despair, you might not be ready. However, simply going to a few meetings can help you find your bottom a lot faster. And, again, it won't cost you anything.

Blondie

Girlfriend

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by Girlfriend » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:29 pm

I remember those posts, Blondie. Several of us were encouraging Cocoon to get help. We spent a lot of time with him. It doesn't look like the "tech" has worked, and the worst thing about that is you, whoever you are Scorcher, will be blaming yourself.

Blondie's right; if you still have a problem with alcohol, try AA. They have an online message board, chats and personal stories:

http://www.livingcyber.org/links.html

Time to explore new paths?

(okay, I'm getting off the Guestbook now)

Scorcher_2112

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by Scorcher_2112 » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:30 pm

Cheers! Loki

DC

LoL @ “Mousefight”… Like I said, I don't choose to engage in debate at this point in time. (One factor is that I no longer have a home computer. I got rid of it for good reasons and donated it to a Baptist group that gets kids' feet wet with computers - true story.) But you'll see me post from time to time and I may engage you on some things if I have time and am so inclined. Please don’t fall in the trap of thinking that I’m running away or can’t confront you. My reasons are tangible. Besides, I liked talking to you when I was Cocoon.

Peter

You’re right. I’m just an incoherent druggie and my opinion means nothing. Dialogue with me would be a fruitless endeavor for you.

Blondie

1. Thanks for pulling that up! I forgot about that excerpt. I meant every word in it and still do, which is not always the case with people given time and change and all that. Keep reposting that high quality stuff!!

2. Unfortunately, I believe you probably posted it to cast doubt on my credulity. So be it. I feel I cannot be scathed these days. I’m going to write a book about my life and include all the gory details anyway. I want it to say “hey. this is who I be.” I’ll put it on the internet for free too. Then, whenever I come here to debate, you can simply keep bringing up the book to effectively neutralize me!

4. LMAO @ “accidentally” and “alleged”. Yes Blondie. It’s all lies.

3. Functional alcoholic? Yes. Absolutely, yes. However, I’ve quit alcohol for months at a time. If I’m not mistaken, you’re typical alcoholic can’t do this. At least not the ones I’ve known. Plus, out-of-control drinking is usually accompanied by fear, loathing, apathy, etc. Can’t say I got any of those.

4. Re: coming back. Nice observation Blondie! I’ll tell ya what happened there, I changed my mind. Ever heard of it? Isn’t that your mission anyway? Changing minds?

5. Thank you - in the unlikely case that you are genuinely concerned about me and didn’t merely post the way you did to say “look, he’s a druggie, a pervert, and a liar.” Because I would rather you just come out and say that than mixing all those words. Too many words and tangents destroy an empirical discussion. Too easy to get sidetracked and forget what you’re debating.

BG

1. Funny, I don’t recall “several” of you trying to help me with my drinking problem. In fact, I think it was just you. Everybody else was busy helping me with my Scientology problem.

2. Anywho, you’re right about the tech not working. I mean come on, look at the facts. I was into drugs and alcohol before I got into Scientology. I got into Scientology. I got back on drugs and alcohol. This is absolute proof that the tech doesn’t work. What else is there to talk about?

3. And you’re right again re: “blaming” myself, but not by your definition of blame I presume. Everybody is responsible for their own behavior, period. And the second you entertain any other notion you are stripping power and responsibility from people, and that’s the stuff criminals and insane are made of. So don’t give me your psyche indoctrinated rigmarole about how nothing is nobody’s fault and we’re all just a bunch of victims. Homey don’t play that. By the way, why are you wasting time talking “about” me.

Closing to all: In the future, if you respond to one of my posts, I invite you to attack the subject matter and not me. You can see by the length of this post that it’s unwieldy to attack characters and not subject matter. I spent most of this post and thread space defending and explaining…ha! I don’t do those things. But you get the point. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Gets old quick.

I suggest to all that you question everything all the time. I question people. I question Scientology. I would also suggest that you all have one hell of a Happy Holiday season!!!!

freeborn

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by freeborn » Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:09 pm

Cocoon Scorcher Mouthbreather...why don't you seriously question why you ingest poisons. Life's too precious to throw it away.

Blondie

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by Blondie » Sat Dec 21, 2002 6:23 am

Scorcher/Cocoon,

Your "credulity" is fine despite my post and your reply.

credulity-noun a. disposition arising from weakness or ignorance, to believe too readily. American College Dictionary

Talk about someone "mixing words," I mean, really. I try not to mince words when I write or speak.

As for your credibility, whatever amount you ever had, you probably still do.

Alcoholics can, and do, stop drinking for months at a time. AA veterans call it a "dry drunk" and drunks do it all the time to prove to themselves they are not really alcoholics because, hey, I can quit whenever I want to, right?

Oh, and Brian, you are the one who said you "accidentally" posted your own name once. Your word, not mine.

I think if Brian Mandingo is your real name and you are as smart as you think you are, you would not have reminded us that your real name was somewhere on this board so that anyone could just look it up. It was too much like an invitation to divert attention away from something.

But, hey, thanks for taking the time to reply to me persoanlly as I was beginning to think no one noticed me.

Blondie

jarboy98

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by jarboy98 » Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:55 pm

It is the study of the "ism" of alcoholism which allows one the insight into themselves.

It's never about the drinking or the smoking or the eating or the fucking or the...the "ism" is the thing.

The "ism" is the fun, the investigation...some people who never drink are "alcoholics" because their parent/s were and their parent/s gave them funky tools, tools to life that did not work.

They don't drink but they exhibit the emotional funkadelic result of substance abuse...distrust, isolation, hiding, confusing activity with achievement, choosing wit to keep intimacy from occurring...choosing any number of interesting, entertaining, funny, intelligent and eventually unsatisfying ways to be...to keep from looking at the "ism".

It is difficult to admit a problem with alcohol...but it can sometimes be helpful to admit a relationship with it and then explore that relationship...that "ism".

It is a dis...ease, causing non-ease...and other places of no peace.

Alcohol is easy, drink it or not...the "ism", now that's the deal...what is provoking the use of all this intelligence to defend a place of discomfort?

peace...jb

dindy
Location: Caister Centre [between Hamilton & St Catharines] niagara, Ontario, Canada [but lived in 6 countries

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by dindy » Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:02 pm

So much yakking about some one under many names - is he a CO$ plant?

Please give me the site I once saw xenu has for lawyers to see CO$ legal games - or any other good sites on this topic

jarboy98

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by jarboy98 » Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:47 pm

Dindy sounds like Lucy.
Peace...JB

gandolf

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by gandolf » Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:07 am

gandolf here, sea org you know. i want to thank everyone who has posted here for filling in the gaps for me, esp cheryl sola...with her essay 2000 and the lisa crowd....
thank you all!!
some of you may have heard of me; i was the guy whose stat was the $$ value of his procuct to sci, believe i was the only one(yep) and haven't rec'd any $$ from them yet. bad bunch of beggars, really..
i was kinda lucky actually, expected nothing; didn't get brought too much short of expectations in that way, though sci did fall short of nothing for me....

wordman

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by wordman » Wed Dec 25, 2002 6:24 am

Hello. I was in for 19 yrs. On STL staff for nearly 3 years as F/H DirComm, then briefly to LAF, then to Sterling Mgmt Sys (controlled by WISE Int). Moved out of state, read several books...notified CoS I was leaving, resigned from IAS. Never bothered again. hmmmm

Anyway, I miss the friends I had. Anyone want to chat or email ... would enjoy hearing from you.

jarboy98

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by jarboy98 » Wed Dec 25, 2002 1:45 pm

Welcome, Wordman and congratulations for taking your life back. You will find many people here who are informative, honest and able to help in any way they can. Many are ex-$cientologists with many years in, like yourself.

There are a small number of people here who have agendas outside the give and take of conversing on the cult. Some are OSA members who are spamming the board with obnoxious bits designed to throw off new people to the actual intent of the forum and some are just not well. Forgive them and move on is my take on it. Most posters, though, are the real thing.

Wordman, making personal relationships here is slow because everyone is aware that OSA monitors this board so people are cautious about starting email communications with new posters. Nothing personal, just the nature of the reality. We are cautious but giving.

Also, you may want to consider not giving up too much personal information that can identify you, unless you don't mind that. Your ex-"church" can be a vindictive group, no?

You might want to tell us more of your story and, again, consider leaving out details of location, times, etc. that can easily pinpoint your identity.

Welcome again. You are another beacon of light to those who struggle in their decision whether to cower in a dark, malevolent cult or walk into the light of the living. Good for you!

peace...jb

freedom_man

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by freedom_man » Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:04 pm

Ditto. Welcome and Merry Christmas, Wordman. Pleased
to meetcha'

-TT

dindy
Location: Caister Centre [between Hamilton & St Catharines] niagara, Ontario, Canada [but lived in 6 countries

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by dindy » Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:20 am

Please - what does "marriage intervention" By co$ - entail???? do they take you without your concent??? - I got a phone-call from CO$ re this on me! How much does it cost - Me Ex CO$ has stollen lots of $ from me & now this

freedom_man

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by freedom_man » Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:02 am

Next time the phone rings and it's anyone from Co$,
my advice is to slam the phone down as hard as you
can. Rinse and repeat as necessary. -T

freeborn

ARCHIVE 2002

Post by freeborn » Thu Dec 26, 2002 2:14 am

If you MUST say something to them, make it something like "Praise be to Xenu!" ;)

Return to “Guest Book”