Guest Book 2003

Please enter a short greeting. PS: Not for debates or replies, only short greetings from unregistered visitors. Anything else will be deleted without notice.
Forum rules
This is
THE OC GUEST BOOK

This is a place for unregistrered visitors to leave short greetings. And only that. Register and debate and reply in other topics. Anything but short greetings from unregistered visitors will be deleted without notice.

Welcome to OCMB! :D
rodi

ARCHIVE 2004

Postby rodi » Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:47 pm

Happy Christmas and Happy New Year 2003-2004! ¡Felices Fiestas de Navidad y Año Nuevo
2003-2004!
a r s web page summary . arg
English & Español
ACTIVE WEB PAGES ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY
PAGINAS WEB ACTIVAS SOBRE CIENCIOLOGÌA
http://ar.geocities.com/robertodiazorg/

don_carlo

ARCHIVE 2004

Postby don_carlo » Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:21 pm

Feliz Navidad, Roberto.

umike

ARCHIVE 2004

Postby umike » Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:26 am

Dave, I never read a more moving account such as yours on ars.
I think it will work out eventually. No one stays in the happy fun cult forever. Be well.

Michael Greenberg (Umike)
EXSCIENTOLOGIST MESSAGE BOARD:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/index.php

Girlfriend

ARCHIVE 2004

Postby Girlfriend » Fri Dec 26, 2003 5:12 pm

Good to see all the new posters in the Guestbook. I hope you all stay and inquire and argue and continue to explore the territory that gave rise to this website.

Jump in to any thread that interests you, your voice is important. Being Christmas, a lot of people are busy with other things and/or on vacation. When school starts again there will be more activity, well from me anyway.

Holiday cheer and welcome.

ocean1

ARCHIVE 2004

Postby ocean1 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:49 pm

I hope the New Year brings true happiness to all, welcome Dave and all other newcomers.

Robert Roerich

ARCHIVE 2004

Postby Robert Roerich » Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:38 pm

I am a researcher seeking solutions to mental health problems that range from anxiety, depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and suicide and homicide. Studies show that stress increases after the holiday season and peak in Spring.

The treatment modality that appears to show great promise in helping others is called Mental Imagery Procedures (MIP), which appears to be based on methods of Scientology by a former member who is promoting his book.

A Police PTSD clinical trials is planned which will provide a phone session of MIP by practitioners trained in this. Statistical evidence will be gathered for medical journal publication, as preliminary testing of this method appears to show that it is effective in eliminating the flashbacks and nightmares of PTSD.

I welcome your thoughts on this project, pro's and con's, and what effect a scientific study of a Scientology based method will have on the inquiring minds of people worldwide.

Tigger

ARCHIVE 2004

Postby Tigger » Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:47 pm

Hi Robert Roerich,

I suspect your request and comments are going to generate a lot of comment, opinion and debate.
Therefore, I am going to address your post under Opinion and Debate. See you there. (The Guest Book is for short greetings)

Tigger
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

virg harp

ARCHIVE 2004

Postby virg harp » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:02 am

I have been trying to get a copy of "Captive heart, captive mind" but no stores seem to have them & they are out of print. They suggest I obtain the book number off the inside of the book - please help if you can.

Interesting posting above. Years ago I looked into mental health /stress /depression /suicide around & after the seasonal holiday, when SAD is at its worst & the zodiac planetary system is farthest, while the seasonal holiday pressure & letdowns. I never looked into the CO$ effects, but find the thought very interesting, could well be, worth looking more into - is there a thread on this????

Tigger

ARCHIVE 2004

Postby Tigger » Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:06 am

Hi,

My copy was purchased in 1994. What is this "book number" and where would it be located?

http://www.factnet.org says it is out of print, stock.

http://www.csj.org (American Family Foundation) says it is temporaily out of stock.

I will contact someone at AFF that I know and ask her.

Tigger
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

ddsound

ARCHIVE 2004

Postby ddsound » Wed Dec 31, 2003 11:26 am

Hi all, just registered.
Would be intersted in getting in touch with somebody active in Italy, and if possible be of some help.
Happy new Year to all

Tigger

ARCHIVE 2004

Postby Tigger » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:27 pm

Captive Hearts, Captive Minds

From my source at AFF:

Quote:

"All I know is that Janja Lalich is trying to get the rights to have the book printed from Hunter House. HH is also looking at reprinting it themselves ... it wouldn't hurt to call HH to express the need for the book! (510) 865-5282" unquote

Tigger
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

Tigger

ARCHIVE 2004

Postby Tigger » Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:33 pm

Hunter House Email

Hunter House Publishers - books for health, family & community
http://www.hunterhouse.com/contact.asp
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

Return to “Guest Book”