Guest Book 2003

Please enter a short greeting. PS: Not for debates or replies, only short greetings from unregistered visitors. Anything else will be deleted without notice.
Forum rules
This is
THE OC GUEST BOOK

This is a place for unregistrered visitors to leave short greetings. And only that. Register and debate and reply in other topics. Anything but short greetings from unregistered visitors will be deleted without notice.

Welcome to OCMB! :D
freedom_man
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by freedom_man » Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:31 pm

Thirty is good!

freeborn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by freeborn » Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:12 am

Or more. Long enough for the original founder to DIE!

merlin

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by merlin » Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:37 am

How about NEVER? The Constitution forbids Congress to pass laws granting the "status of a religion". The God Business ought to be required to pay taxes on income and property as every other business must do.

The Constitution deserves a great deal more respect than it has been accorded, IMO.

raised11th

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by raised11th » Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:50 am

I-Loki, I agree with you 100%!
Tax the god business. But NO, Bush wants faith-based charities to get tax money.

raised 11th

SPIKUTUS

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by SPIKUTUS » Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:54 am

HI. I AM A RECOVERING SCIENTOLOGIST. NOT MENTALLY RECOVERING, BECAUSE THAT WAS THE EASY PART, BUT FINANCIALLY RECOVERING. I SPENT WAY TOO MUCH MONEY THINKING THAT I COULD ACTUALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN MY LIFE AND THE LIVES OF OTHERS. I EVEN WORKED AT THE LOCAL MISSION FOR 2 1/2 YEARS. AFTER ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF I STARTED TO DOUBT WHAT WAS GOING ON. AND A FEW TOO MANY THINGS THAT I DID NOT AGREE WITH WERE HAPPENING. I SERVED OUT THE REST OF MY CONTRACT, AND THEN I REQUESTED MY MONEY BACK THAT I HAD ON ACCOUNT FOR FUTURE AUDITING. IT TOOK ABOUT 6 MONTHS, BUT I DID GET IT BACK. I HAD TO GO THROUGH HOURS OF SESSIONS WHERE THEY TRIED TO CHANGE MY MIND. IT WAS SO OBVIOUS THAT IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. ONE GOOD THING I CAN SAY IS THAT I WAS FINALLY CURED OF ANY DESIRE TO LOOK "SOMEWHERE ELSE" FOR ANSWERS. I REALLY DO KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR ME, AND IT IS NOT SCIENTOLOGY. L.

villageidiot

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by villageidiot » Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:17 am

CONGRATULATIONS Spikutus.

freedom_man

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by freedom_man » Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:26 pm

Congrats, Spikutus and welcome to Operation Clambake.
(Now would you please hit your caps lock key?) ;)

hopeful

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by hopeful » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:31 pm

Please help!!! My wife has been attending a WISE program since last fall and loves it. I don't!! We are now in marriage counseling and our therapist determined we had a disconnect which I believed occurred after she started attending these seminars. Does anyone know someone who went through this w/out being affected by the scientology aspect/background of the program. I want my wife back!! She is not sure if she wants to stay in the marriage and we have 2 young children. Help or hope!!

Tigger

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by Tigger » Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:44 pm

Hopeful,

I just have a minute, but you may find some help in this post I recently posted to a.r.s. There are a couple other posts on that thread which may be of help to you also. The situation is different, but the basic advise is the same.....to get the truth to your wife. In addition to books and the links to websites mentioned, also go to http://www.freedomofmind.org which is the website of Steve Hassan the author of the two books mentioned.

Google Search:
Address:http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&l ... .webtv.net

Some other posters, no doubt, will be along shortly to respond to your plea for help.

I would ask one question....is this "therapist" a scientologist? If so, you need to get your wife to a real marriage counselor ASAP, preferrably one who knows something about scientology. The routine is to convince the person that they can only be counseled by a Scientology counselor.

Good Luck,

Tigger
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

dindy
Location: Caister Centre [between Hamilton & St Catharines] niagara, Ontario, Canada [but lived in 6 countries

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by dindy » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:21 am

Hopeful
My estranged husband (since CO$) wants me to go to CO$ marriage intervention & I asked questions on it on my threat *Dindy d* & got many interesting replies you may find interesting - also Blondie kindle opened a thread on her experience on CO$ marriage intervention - for me, for which I am thankful & may help you.
I feel for you as it is not easy - especially on the kids - but my EX is now a brainwashed puppet since CO$ & I am not wanting him back. Maybe if you looked at the thread "Why people hate CO$" & can hopefully have her look through it & other sites on the board w you, knowing most on here are EX-CO$ willing to help & glad they are out
All the best - I hope it goes as you want.

Eric

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by Eric » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:34 am

Andreas, you are my hero...as crazy as it may be to give out your name. I'm leaving my email adress below, you have support in tampa, which is very close to clearwater...

hedgehogs

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by hedgehogs » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:25 am

Spikutus,

I wish you well. Recovery form scientology is long and hard but worth it.

For me, the financial side was easier to deal with than the emotional. I tended to 'manage' myself far to much and took no pleasure in life.

I also found that the only thing that was true in scientology was how to deal with SPs such as themselves! Disconnect completely and then 'flourish and prosper'. There is nothing in the world that would hurt your former scientology 'friends' more than your sucess and happyness.

Blondie

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by Blondie » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:03 pm

Hopeful,

I am sorry I have no words to tell you how to get your wife back. I have only my story, which you can access here, and a few suggestions. (My story is under two different threads, each with different information. One is called "Tory, I understand your story-here's mine" and the other is under a heading called "Marriage Co-Audit" Do a keyword search on the bar to the left)

I suggest you are in a perilous situation right now. Those WISE people are very good at what they do. They have their hooks in your wife and will not let go as long as she goes to them for info. If you show her information which contradicts what she has learned, she may go to them and ask about it and they will give her party line to bring her back into the fold. If they are unable to bring you into the fold, they will order a disconnect from you.

Before this happens, I suggest you take a few measures to protect yourself, your children and any finances you may own personally or jointly with court orders. Get to a judge and explain your wife is being pulled into a cult, that you love her and do not wish a divorce but need to protect your assets and children until this can be worked out. If it does not get worked out, you will be on your way to permanent full custody of the children.

Short of deprogramming, which is illegal and is not advocated by me or anyone here of which I am aware, I do not know how to get another person out of a cult once they are in. You must put some protections in place if the worst does hapen.

Good luck to you. Please come here often and let us know what is happening and we will try our best to help you through it.

Blondie

Mark

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by Mark » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:39 pm

It has been years since I was in the CO$, I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I was at an emotional low when I took their 'test'. I did the comunications course, purification rundown and livingness repair. I was then broke, and borrowed money from my dad. I did not want to borrow from anyone else. So, the rep that I dealt with said I could earn credit towards additional courses plus earn 100-150 dollars a week. Sounded good.
Boy, was that a mistake!I would work some 60-70 hours a week, earned a wopping $52 dollars. So imagine their surprise when after the first paycheck, I told them to go to hell, that I wasn't paid what I was told I should. They said the missing money was the cerdit towards the additional courses. I had bills to pay, meals to eat, I wrote a bad check to a grocery store for $10.00, so I could have food for the next three days. Life sucked. Even with the org members saying it was only going to get better. Yeah right.
They threatened me with their ethics court, that I had signed a contract to work for them and that I was obligated to fulfill my end it. I told them that I could not live on 20 bucks a week and that they were in breach of the contract. I had 6 members surround me and tried to block the exit. After an hour of arguing back and forth, I agreed to get a 'reading'. I sat down to have my reading, then told the tech I needed the restroom. He allowed me to go relieve myself. That is when I just walked away. I could not live like that anymore. I could no longer fool myself into beleiving that scientology was the answer.

freeborn

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by freeborn » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:55 pm

Mark, I'd have done the same!

Return to “Guest Book”