Guest Book 2003

Please enter a short greeting. PS: Not for debates or replies, only short greetings from unregistered visitors. Anything else will be deleted without notice.
Forum rules
This is
THE OC GUEST BOOK

This is a place for unregistrered visitors to leave short greetings. And only that. Register and debate and reply in other topics. Anything but short greetings from unregistered visitors will be deleted without notice.

Welcome to OCMB! :D
squirrel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by squirrel » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:46 pm

Good for you, Mark!

I wish I had left that early in my Scientology staff experience.

tessan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by tessan » Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:37 am

Hey Mark! I just read your text and it made me cry , I feel so sorry for you , and how people can treat other people like that?! Good for you that you came to your sences and understood the best for you. Take care and keep up the good spirit in you. / Tessan

moonstar

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by moonstar » Thu Jan 30, 2003 7:44 am

I am back after a long crawl into the cave. Is Braveheart's Girlfriend et al around? It has been a crazy year, and I am weary from it. I have been jerked around by someone for a year now and officially I am out of it. Scientology can really mess up vulnerable people....sigh!

Don't "fall in love" with one if you aren't one. That's a dangerous thing to do to your heart! Of course, you jdon't always have a lot to say in that matter!

Anyway, got a working computer again and can be online, and I hope to be here boppin' around again.

Thanks for all the info and the time it takes to post everything....
Moonstar

freedom_man

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by freedom_man » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:15 pm

Welcome back, Moonstar. So sorry to hear of the
heartbreak and disappointment that you've come
through... Hope you're on the mend soon.

-TT

saguaro_rose

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by saguaro_rose » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:54 pm

Moonstar! Good to see you back again.....we're always here if you need to vent. Glad you're "officially" out of it; sounds like you went through some hell, though. Talk to us about it when/if you get to the point where you can/want to. BeeGee is still around and I'm sure you'll hear from her soon.

Girlfriend

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by Girlfriend » Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:04 pm

Ah Moonstar, you came back. How lovely. I was worried about you. As Rose said, we're always here if you need us.

I'm sorry it didn't turn out okay with your relationship. You took a risk, it wasn't right for you, so you did what most people do, and you will learn from it.

Your story, should you choose to tell us, is very welcome.

What happens with people "related" in some way to scientologists is of special interest to me, having come to this MB the way I did, in a relationship with someone who had been in, was out for years, and then was interested in trying some more auditing.

So welcome back Moonstar, can I say the prodigal daughter returns, so to speak? I hope you stick around.

Love,
BG

raised11th

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by raised11th » Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:45 pm

A hearty hello, Moonstar!

raised 11th aka friend

moonstar

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by moonstar » Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:58 pm

Thanks, guys. All I can say is, I don't treat my friends like this one treats his. I will always care, but no one deserves to be treated badly, and I just wish I knew "why" someone would jerk another around. I'm not perfect, but I don't play games jwith peoples' hearts.

Keep up the wonderful things you all do and if I can help, I certainly will. Welcome spring!!
Moonstar

magoo1

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by magoo1 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:24 am

Moonstar...

Hi :) So Sorry to hear of your losses! As someone who was a Scientologist for 30 years,
and married one who I was married to for 27 years...and then he divorved me because I woke up and changed my mind....I have an idea of the loss connected with this.

Can you tell us how you were jerked around, or is it too close? Understood if it's the latter.
Scientologists (members of C of S) are weird in that if you decide to not do Scientology, they almost automatically seperate from you. Depending on your position, they get worse and worse.

It's truly crazy. The only possible helpful thing I can say is thank God you got out as soon as you did. Although it's painful, be happy you are free of that mess.

Enjoy Spring :)) It's time....and love will come and it will be better for you. This I'm sure of.

Tory/Magoo~dancing in the light~
[color=#0000FF][b]Tory/Magoo~Dancing in the Moonlight~
In for 30+/Escaped out in 2000
Declared SP (SP 6^with Cumulative Cluster)
Free at LAST! Leap and the Net will appear! Make the Leap :)

Burbank, CA
http//www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44
(818) 588-3044[/b][/color]

happyex

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by happyex » Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:43 pm

Moonstar - Your story was very moving. I can believe you got treated like that because I knew people on staff and it was just like you said. No money, working all the time, and most of the time, you are too tired to go on course. Exactly when is a staff person supposed to go on course if he's WORKING 70 hours a week? Ah, one little item they forget to mention when regging you to join staff.

Also, you got that right about not falling in love with one if you're not one (scieno). Someone I cared a lot about joined the S.O. and suddenly decided that any communication with me would be "out-ethics" for him and that I should be "handled"... whatever! He submitted to the org. a bullshit KR (knowledge report) about me and sent me a cold cover letter (with a copy of the KR attached) telling me that I should be "handled" by the E.O. Well, I'M handling MY OWN life now and although it's not perfect, I am in the driver's seat. It did hurt to read this letter and realize that this guy never thought more of me (or our friendship) than just an "out-2d cycle." It was the coldest letter I had ever received from anyone in life. Thought he was a friend... but he betrayed me. I've resolved that he's just not the same person that I initially fell in love with. And that makes it somewhat less of a loss. It's really his loss that he just can't see. I'm hoping one day he'll wake up like Tory (and so many others) did and take his life back. I'm so happy to hear when someone leaves this cult (esp. after devoting so much of themselves to it) - it's a miraculous event. Almost like a born-again type thing... at least it was for me. All the best to you, Mark in your new life without the cult of $cientology.

moonstar

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by moonstar » Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:14 am

Thanks, all! Well, I never was a part of it but I believe all paths are sacred, so I did a lot of digging. And that's when I found this site. I wanted to see what it was all about from as many perspectives as possible. Maybe I will create a topic for this. What if he finds this site one day and reads it???? How embarrassing! But if it helps others...
It's just when you care about someone, either as a friend or love, if you're like me, you try to find common ground. You look at what the other person is doing, saying, believing. And if that person is gifted, which this one is, well, you hope that you cn do your spiritual thing with him or her.
I have decided to stop being a wimp in many ways and so be it, it's all out in the open and I'll create some catchy topic. Anyone have any ideas?
Let the stories begin!
(I would say "Let the games begin" but I am not a scientologist and I don't play games! At least, not with peoples' hearts.
Moonstar

Jonathan

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by Jonathan » Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:15 am

Just passed by the site and have spent the past 4 or 5 hours reading all the material.

Thanks for this amazing resource. I've always wanted to know what Scientology is about.. And by that, I mean the _truth_

It has been very educational, and I'm amazed by the things you have had to endure to keep the site running and keep the truth online. You guys are an inspiration. Thanks again.

magoo1

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by magoo1 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:20 am

*(Moonstar)..here's my philosophy:

Say what you believe,and speak from your heart.

Only say things that you would be proud to have your friends/parents/comrads read, or you're willing to have posted on the front of the NY Times. If what you say meets that...I don't think you'll regret it.

Also, make sure not to be too fearful. We're all just people here, and hey..if someone doesn't like what you say, tooo bad! :)

You'll always have time to respond, and mostly we're just sharing things, enjoying each other's company and experiences.

Jonothan...welcome! Glad you made it here,
and took the time to read. Please pass on some of what you've learned.

Love to all :)

Tory/Magoo!
[color=#0000FF][b]Tory/Magoo~Dancing in the Moonlight~
In for 30+/Escaped out in 2000
Declared SP (SP 6^with Cumulative Cluster)
Free at LAST! Leap and the Net will appear! Make the Leap :)

Burbank, CA
http//www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44
(818) 588-3044[/b][/color]

freebird602
Location: Somewhere in England........, That's somewhere in England too!, England

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by freebird602 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:26 am

Jonathan:

Welcome to OC! From my experiences I can assure you that what people say here is the truth. Happy reading!

Moonstar/Happy Ex:

Yep, the cult certainly knows how to split relationships! Hope you get fully back on your feet.

Girlfriend

ARCHIVE 2003

Post by Girlfriend » Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:44 pm

Moonstar, what about a thread like "Surviving Scientologists" or "Surviving a Breakup with a Scientologist" or "Don't Fall In Love With A Scienologist If You Aren't One Yourself." Or...?

I doubt he'll find out it's you who's posting unless, like Rainy Day, you shared a computer with him or you know he, a Scientologist, surfs the net for critical websites. Most don't/can't because of the scieno-sitter. Even if he did, you can craft it so he certainly couldn't prove it.

There are so very many stories out there on various websites (OCMB, ARS, FactNet, Rick Ross MB, et AL), and so many instances of couples breaking up because one was in the cult, I doubt he'd recognize it from the others. You can keep personal info completely private and as Don_Carlo said awhile back, don't reveal your occupation, location, age, [or your ex-partner's org/personal circumstances] or any other identifying details [about either of you]. Keep it general, specific if it doesn't easily point to yourself or to him.

When I first surfed the web for scientology info and personal stories I remember reading So Many stories, but I also remember thinking how familiar they all began to sound. I remember Cheryl's story standing out, Tory had not come out yet, and Spaink, Pignotti, Wollersheim, Lerma, Henson, Armstrong, Newman, Erlich, Aznarans, Tabayoyon, RV Young, Brooks, and Many many others - well, now if you asked me to differentiate their stories I'd have to check back to do it.

Anyway, nice to have you back, Moonstar. I know this is a terribly difficult time for you, and want to remind you you can just put it out there if you need some help. We'll be here.

Return to “Guest Book”