Guest Book 2003

Please enter a short greeting. PS: Not for debates or replies, only short greetings from unregistered visitors. Anything else will be deleted without notice.
Forum rules
This is
THE OC GUEST BOOK

This is a place for unregistrered visitors to leave short greetings. And only that. Register and debate and reply in other topics. Anything but short greetings from unregistered visitors will be deleted without notice.

Welcome to OCMB! :D
freakyboi

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by freakyboi » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:08 am

Hi ALL, Been wondering around here for some time now. I have found this place to be amazingly helpfull, in sorta confronting my past and realizing new things about scn.

As my sweaty fingers cross the keys now, Iam feeling better:)

I grew up in scn, and spent a good few years in the s.o.

This is difficlt, so many things come to light when I visit here, all the emotions go flying about, as I read the posts. Somtimes I spend days thinking about things, but it is a good thing that I have atleast started to voice my thoughts.

Thanks to all who put this together...

~freakyboi

magoo1

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by magoo1 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:03 am

freakyboi...

Hi ..and welcome! Grew up in Scientology, eh?
I know a bit about that as my X-husband did too.
It's a wild trip. Did you break away, or are you still "in"?

If you can, please share your story with us under 'Personal Stories". It really helps others, and you'll find it's pretty theraputic too.

My best,

Tory/Magoo!
X-Scientologist after 30 years in.
[color=#0000FF][b]Tory/Magoo~Dancing in the Moonlight~
In for 30+/Escaped out in 2000
Declared SP (SP 6^with Cumulative Cluster)
Free at LAST! Leap and the Net will appear! Make the Leap :)

Burbank, CA
http//www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44
(818) 588-3044[/b][/color]

Dingdång

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by Dingdång » Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:03 pm

Hi Freakyboy! and welcome!
I cant really say by your posting if youre out or in cos?
Would love to hear your story! :)
I`ve been in for 15 years, not in s.o though.But been out for about a year now and it feels super!
Well...hope to hear more from you and...

Take care! :)

joydip

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by joydip » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:12 am

Thanks BofF! You've been studying for five years?! I've been on this website for about three weeks and am still just beginning. Every day I find something new and surprizing. Thanks for the info, and helping me start my research.

To others, I'm curious about the Sea Org. It is refered to as a kind of navy. Are they armed? Are there any good resources on the history of the org?

Thanks.

Ball of Fluff

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by Ball of Fluff » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:20 am

The Sea Org is called (by the church, that is) the church's "religious order" but they are set up on paramilitary lines. That is because Hubbard was in the Navy and if you want a fanatical totalitarian order, then the military is a good model for that.

They are not armed.

The church's favorite weapon is the court system.

No, it's mainly the structure and uniforms and titles, etc, that are like the military.

Although I've yet to see a US or any other military group that has billion year contracts like the "SO" (Sea Org) does.

The Sea Org staffs the FreeWinds CofS ship but they are installed many other places in CofS. In fact, there's at least one SO rep to every ordinary Class V "org" (organization- a lower to intermediate Scn center) even though Cl V Orgs are not Sea Org, per se.

To know about CofS, you have your choice between critical books and 'sites and church writings. Both are skewed and biased but the former (critical) are more honest and actually try to discuss the actual problems. CofS never ever will admit to anything.

Critics will and do point these things out. but they tend to not discuss anything positive that may exist. But I think the reason for this isn't necessarily bias and negativity (well, not always) but maybe because most critics consider that an analysis of problems and abuses would be shunted aside, deflected from, by any discussion of anything CofS or even individual Scn'ists ever do that isn't bad.

I don't share that viewpoint, myself, but I see where it comes from, and I respect it.

Otherwise it can look as if one were excusing something, saying that the good mitigates the bad. It does not. It merely coexists (uneasily) with the bad.

virginias harp

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by virginias harp » Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:45 am

A question please - who was/is Lord Denning?

Ball of fluff - you say "The church's favorite weapon is the court system." please tell me more & what you mean

thanks

Godwin

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by Godwin » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:44 am

"Otherwise it can look as if one were excusing something, saying that the good mitigates the bad. It does not. It merely coexists (uneasily) with the bad."

Ball, I'm sure there were a lot of 'good' Nazis in pre war Germany, who coexisted (uneasily) with the bad. Does that excuse them?

yellowdragon

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by yellowdragon » Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:29 pm

Happy R6 Implant Season to all! ;-)

astarothdevin

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by astarothdevin » Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:30 pm

Hello everyone, been researching Scientology after I heard that L Ron Hubbard made a religion, and have since enjoyed the many many laughs this "religion" has caused as I read about them.

Ball of Fluff

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by Ball of Fluff » Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:51 pm

That's nice. I myself find other religions pretty hilarious.

don_carlo

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by don_carlo » Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:58 am

William, keep reading.

You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll hurl.

(a quote from the film Wayne's World that is perfect for the Church of Scientology).

Dave Sweetland

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by Dave Sweetland » Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:01 am

Hello (at last)
Merry Christmas.
Thank you for your work Andreas.
I have been posting on ARS for the past six weeks, but figured its time to come here too.

This is my fourth Christmas with no contact from my adult children my daughter Lauren Sweetland a Sea Org member at Celebrity Centre in Hollywood and my son Reilly Sweetland a former staff member at Los Gatos.

I was a member of the COS for over thirty years.
I "publicly" resigned from the COS in August 2000 and was declared Suppressive in September 2000.

More later ---

Dave Sweetland
P.O. Box 940397
Simi Valley, CA 93094

magoo1

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by magoo1 » Thu Dec 25, 2003 8:46 am

Welcome, Dave :)

It doesn't matter how many times I hear a parent hasn't seen their child or children, each time it seems to hurt just as much. I'm soooooooo sorry you've had to miss them, these last four Christmas'.

Thank you for your postings....and your friendship!

Merry Christmas to you} :)

Tory/Magoo~in the light~!
[color=#0000FF][b]Tory/Magoo~Dancing in the Moonlight~
In for 30+/Escaped out in 2000
Declared SP (SP 6^with Cumulative Cluster)
Free at LAST! Leap and the Net will appear! Make the Leap :)

Burbank, CA
http//www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44
(818) 588-3044[/b][/color]

Alfred Einstein

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by Alfred Einstein » Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:06 am

Welcome Dave,

Thanks for posting. Keep us informed.

Alfred Einstein

ARCHIVE 2004

Post by Alfred Einstein » Thu Dec 25, 2003 9:09 am

You are a tough guy Dave Sweetland,

You lasted 30 years in $cios and 6 weeks on ARS.

What a record!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you

Return to “Guest Book”