Guest Book 2006

Please enter a short greeting. PS: Not for debates or replies, only short greetings from unregistered visitors. Anything else will be deleted without notice.
Forum rules
This is
THE OC GUEST BOOK

This is a place for unregistrered visitors to leave short greetings. And only that. Register and debate and reply in other topics. Anything but short greetings from unregistered visitors will be deleted without notice.

Welcome to OCMB! :D

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:45 pm

I haven't been shot in the bollocks with a shotgun, but i know from reasonable logic that it will hurt. Figure it out.

Dumpsy84

Long time reader, first time writer

Postby Dumpsy84 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:30 pm

I must first admit that my knowledge of Scientology is limited, and I have never been associated with Scientology. I, like many others, heard the usual gossip associated with Tom Cruise, South Park, Julliette Lewis, Kirsty Alley etc and figured that it was a typical popular celebrity 'religion'. That was until I started reading deeper into it. The fact that you have to pay large amounts of money to find out what you 'believe in' was a warning light to me. The fact that they believe in Xenu etc. was never really a worry for me, but the claims of miracle healing particularly aimed at vulnerable mind-sets was.

I could further comment on the shady dealings, links with millitary-coups in Morroco, and an obviously deranged L. Ron Hubbard.

Please feel free to visit http://groups.myspace.com/ASG1984

FrostWolf

Postby FrostWolf » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:24 am

Ive been reading on this site for almost 3 hours and i must say i find this site very interesting and fasinating. Keep Up The Good work Andreas ! ^_^

BEGREEN

Be thankful,greatful be true to your self

Postby BEGREEN » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:10 am

Born into, and at 11years old broke free from, 2 times disregarded by my life giver (mother).Today I'm 27 my mind is my own, my life is my own and I am greatful and thankful for my own insperation , along with guidence from others. My mother is still conected and my father fights against it . So, please listen to your soul and follow your heart , if we all continue to follow others not our selves than soon will all become robotic machines. Sincerly CK :idea:

TheChicken

Hi Andreas

Postby TheChicken » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:59 am

Hi Andreas, You and Tory are two of my heroes.

I can't say that I have the courage to always speak my mind the way you both do, but I am glad that you are doing it. I think the work you are doing is wonderful and important.

- TheChicken
(aka Chairspoon - 6 chairspoons make a tablespoon, I think)

Perhaps Still One of them

Interest in the site

Postby Perhaps Still One of them » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:06 pm

Hi All,

I have been waiting for my OK to join the debates guess it takes some time.

I am not sure even having read all the stuff on the net and personal stories and have myself taken my money back whether or not I am not still in many ways a sceno.

Sometimes I read about people I know and I have known people in your major personal stories, on sceno deaths and have had some experience of the SO and heavy ethics myself.

I think the COS has altered greatly. Personally I experienced good and bad things. When the bad things outweighed the good I cut comm. I met my husband in an Org. We both trained to a quite high standard and audited public. We both think the tech works at least up to Clear.

Thanks to your site we were able to see the OT levels and came to the conclusion these levels as they are would not work or improve anybodys ability. So thanks for saving us lots of money and disappointment.

With regards to LRH well what has been written or proved would have made no difference to us. He had a case like everybody else. Did he ever say he was perfect. So on him I am with the comments posted by the Pilot, See under comments from Scenos.

I look forward to being at some point able to join in your debates.

KristenS

long time lurker, etc.

Postby KristenS » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:54 pm

Hello all...I have been lurking 'round these parts for a few months, but haven't been able to regsiter. Anyways, I have no connection to Scientology other than a general interest in cults and a more specific interest in Scientology because it is different than so many others in its high-profile members and public visibility.

I have enjoyed reading everyone's stories and debates.

Best wishes,

Kristen

Celeste

Hello and thanks

Postby Celeste » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:16 pm

Hello all. I've been reading this message board for about three months now (I've tried to register but for some reason never got authorized), and it has helped me tons in coming to terms with my leaving Scientology.

At first when I left I was still struggling with whether or not I had made the right decision, I had been out for a couple of months before I even got onto the internet. But now I'm completely free and happy and moving on with my life and my only regret is that I didn't get out sooner.

So I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped put this together and has gotten the truth out there. Even though I got out on my own, I would probably still be unsure about it if I hadn't been able to see the truth--that it wasn't my own "out-ethics" that had caused me to want to get out, it wasn't that I was PTS or SP or a "degraded being" or anything else like that. It was because I was in a cult that was pulling me down into an anguished existence, and I had enough respect for myself that I wouldn't take it any longer.

:D Yay freedom! :D

Celeste

Serendipity 007

Postby Serendipity 007 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:01 pm

Hiya

Been reading here for about 3-4 months now, ever since a friend at work got into the Co$ and, to put it mildly, got a litle weird! I have to admit even though he's only a few months in, he seems to have fallen for all the :bs: hook, line and sinker. He's no longer the funny, open guy we all knew and loved - it's as if he's had a sense of humour bypass, and is always spouting off about one thing or another, all in the name of the Scienos!

Would love to get into the debate with all you guys - just waiting for my membership to be approved. :)

laughinglion

must not communicate

Postby laughinglion » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:14 am

In hindsight, one of the most profoundly disturbing experiences I had while in scientology was the experience of not being able to communicate.

That is to say, not freely, and certainly not with un-authorized persons.

Like you.

To say 'it was weird' I suppose would be akin to a childs version of articulating what an adult would call 'absurd'.

I could (and was encouraged) to communicate my wins of course, be they real or imagined, but my losses were regulated to the position of silence.
Not by way of any official overt scientology policy or decree mind you, but by way of my own covert making, owing to the subtle construction, conditioning and indoctrination into the scientology 'technology' as a whole.

And may I tell you this? I have learned it is far easier to damage a human being by enforcing their silence than by demanding their speech.

And scientology enforced my silence.

And still does.

In the beginning it was owing to guilt (I'm not really winning), in the end it was owing to fear (we will ruin you if you tell).

When I finally got up the courage to leave scientology I was stunned beyond belief when I was confronted with a man (on staff) whom I had never met, whom confronted me with my pc folder. Torn between disbelief, fear and outright anger at his not-so-subtle-hint of making my most private confessions (to my auditior) public, a part of me died inside.

Looking back, its funny now, in a spiritually twisted sort of way.

Here I was merely wanting to leave the so-called church of scientology, and asking for a refund (of about $25,000.00) that I had pre-paid for services I had not received, and I was being informed, by one of the most 'ethical' men on the planet, that the local newspaper might be interested in publishing an account of an event that I had shared in a confession. Which event was a misdemeaner (pardon the misspelling) by all accounts in all jurisdictions across the coutnry.

Brings new meaning to the words church, and confessional.

Well, the upshot is here I am. Beginning to communicate.

Breaking all of the rules, of scientology.

So be it.

Laughinglion

Daydream

Communication

Postby Daydream » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:47 am

I like your board and really admire the fact that there is a place where people who have left the group can communicate and tell there story. There has since the mid seventies when the prices went up to the point of a con and the wins went down owing to the fact that the great temptation was to attest to clear in order to avoid debt and save money. I think at that time if the org cat could have attested and written a success story he would now be posting his upset about it.

Would it be possible or does anyone know of a board. Where people who have had wins and upsets could post. I think there is a gap in the market for this. I am not looking for the Freezone. Perhaps clambake could provide it. I mean it is possible to leave a group and still think some of the things were good. I like a great many people posting and reading think that the COS has long since lost its purpose and is now simply a con. I would not wish to be associated with it. However, my experiences date back to better times and although the wins I did have may not be appropriate for you they still exsist for me. This is not to say I have not been greatly harmed bv lies and incorrect application of tech and ethics and trusting those who regretfully can no longer be trusted.

So you see I do believe there most be others like me, who would like to communicate all our experiences to others who can understand our reality without having to attack us. I do understand the purpose of this board and I am not ignoring the harms and reasons and all the rest. There are many people like me who have left and would like to talk about it but do not particularly want to join another Army.

Thanks for reading this and hope I have explained my point of view.

Darrel

Congratulations

Postby Darrel » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:38 am

Only just happened upon your site and I must congratulate you. If all the people of this world would just spend a little more of their time looking into all religion not just Scientology, well there would be less needless deaths and that's just for a start.
Hey, happy days.............

Max

Taking my place in the front lines...

Postby Max » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:15 pm

Hi all,
Long-time lurker (since 2000) Maximum here...
Having the board down & being forced to wade through ars for two weeks did it...
I'm a fresh pair of legs, ready to reinforce the front lines...to take the place of battle-weary veterans possibly in need of a well-deserved break :D
My perimeter has been set (thanks Arnie!) and I am ready to 'keep on telling the true harms of $cientology' in any way I can.
Thank you all so much for your dedication and compassion..OCMB is important for many reasons.
Now let's kick some $ceino ass!

kitkatwaiting

COS

Postby kitkatwaiting » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:47 am

Hi from New Zealand, my first ever post on a notice board. Was involved in COS for a number of years. Not any more. Started as public, then 'day staff' then joined the 'sea org'. Never spoken to anyone else who had been in and now out. Would like to join to talk with others on the subject. Relieved to see this here. :)

mntnalan

Long time no visit

Postby mntnalan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:42 pm

Just thought I would say Hi.

I haven't been active here for quite some time, as scientology and its grab for my daughter has long disappeared from my life.

I hope everybody is doing well, I certainly am.

Keep up the good fight my friends.
Alan
Aspiring SP

Return to “Guest Book”