Thank you for this forum

Please enter a short greeting. PS: Not for debates or replies, only short greetings from unregistered visitors. Anything else will be deleted without notice.
Forum rules
This is
THE OC GUEST BOOK

This is a place for unregistrered visitors to leave short greetings. And only that. Register and debate and reply in other topics. Anything but short greetings from unregistered visitors will be deleted without notice.

Welcome to OCMB! :D
Istandwithyou

Thank you for this forum

Postby Istandwithyou » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:36 am

I've written a few comments on other anti scientology blogs since watching the documentary "Going Clear".

I've never been in Co$ and can't begin to imagine the suffering many of you have gone through. I was in a cult too in the seventies, "Witness Lee and the Local Church". They pale in comparison to Co$, but a cult nevertheless. The cult I was in it was also rumored that they wouldn't let you leave. Truth be told, they kicked me out;)

But I still look back on my experience and I define it as a cult. The Local Church only had the truth. We were what God was doing on the earth at this time. Eternity past, eternity future and time was created to fulfill God's plan, and we were it. Our bridge was standard christian doctrine that man was a sinner and to reach the other side was through acceptance of his only son Jesus. Also insulated from others and had up to 8 meetings per week, not counting early morning pray reading and other stuff.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here. It's only been 2 weeks since I've seen "Going Clear" but I've been consumed by this. That the Co$ was able to bully the IRS is incredible. Also the total mind control tactics that the church uses. It's very sad, but brilliant at the same time.

To all of you who've suffered from this terrible cult my heart goes out to you. And I stand with you in letting the world know the evilness of this cult.

Istandwithyou

Re: Thank you for this forum

Postby Istandwithyou » Fri May 01, 2015 8:39 am

Hi everybody. I'm the guy who wrote the initial post above "Thank you for this forum". I see that almost 200 people have read my post but no one has commented.

Not that I have an inferiority complex or anything, but could someone please reply and say "welcome" or something?:)

BTW, my name is Mike.

Hi and welcome, standywithyou. The guest book was set up for brief hellos. A decade ago people would argue or tie up the guest book with endless conversation, making new posters hard to spot. It's difficult to reply in the Guest Book, whether you are logged in or not. I can only answer like this since I'm a mod and and can write on your post. I hope you start many conversations in Media Reports, or Opinions and Debate, or My Story from Inside Scientology

Hi and welcome, Mike. This is the other mod. I sent you a private message before I read this reply, which echoes the above welcome.

Return to “Guest Book”