New

Please enter a short greeting. PS: Not for debates or replies, only short greetings from unregistered visitors. Anything else will be deleted without notice.
Forum rules
This is
THE OC GUEST BOOK

This is a place for unregistrered visitors to leave short greetings. And only that. Register and debate and reply in other topics. Anything but short greetings from unregistered visitors will be deleted without notice.

Welcome to OCMB! :D
Dont Panic

New

Postby Dont Panic » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:01 pm

I've been peripherally aware of the existence of Scientology for a while, but until a couple months ago I couldn't have told you anything about it.

I watched Going Clear, and was blown away. I immediately went out and got Going Clear (the book) and read that in a couple weeks. Since then, I've been burning through the Surviving Scientology Podcast and have spent hours scouring youtube for whatever I can find. This stuff is amazing.

I grew up in a very fundamentalist christian home school group, which had a lot of cult-like attributes. Obviously, it wasn't Scientology, but I get the impression that a lot of the principles in how insular religious group are run tend to be pretty similar from group to group. Researching Scientology has not only been entertaining (and it is definitely that) but it has also given me a lot of new insights into how and why my church ran the way it did.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is, hi.

XM0282

Re: New

Postby XM0282 » Sat May 21, 2016 11:32 pm

just wanted to say hello. My name is Xander and I am from the US. I was raised Catholic, spent years as a stalwart athiest, then I changed and began to explore less common spiritualisms.
When I looked into the COS, not with any true intent to join, of courseq I was shocked and angry. People have the right to any faith but the COS is dangerous and hurtful to its parishioners. I learned all this before looking at this site and now I hope that those caught up in the Scientology world find their way out.

Return to “Guest Book”