Quotes Archive 2001

Good quotes are inspiring. Share yours here.
boogie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by boogie » Fri Aug 31, 2001 12:15 am

Here we go, a montage of good quotes...

:)

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud."
-Sophocles

"Cast aside those who liken godliness to whimsy and who try to combine their greed for wealth with their desire for a happy afterlife."
-Kahlil Gibran, "Beauty"

"There are only three sins - causing pain, causing fear, and causing anguish. The rest is window dressing."
-Roger Caras

"I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work."
-Thomas Alva Edison

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
-Carl Sagan

"Reason and judgment are the qualities of a leader."
-Tacitus

"Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount. And the tigers are getting hungry."
-Sir Winston Churchill, November 11, 1937

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken."
-Frank Herbert

Paul Wilkens
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Paul Wilkens » Fri Aug 31, 2001 11:31 am

A quote for all those who are thinking about joining Scientology.

"Sometimes broken things can't be mended."

- from THE WIZARD OF OZ

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby » Fri Aug 31, 2001 8:57 pm

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

-also from the Wizard Of Oz

_______
Cya later,
Flutterby
;)

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby » Fri Aug 31, 2001 10:34 pm

Dreaming
(A Zen Story)

The great Taoist master Chuang Tzu once dreamt that he was a butterfly fluttering here and there. In the dream he had no awareness of his individuality as a person. He was only a butterfly. Suddenly, he awoke and found himself laying there, a person once again. But then he thought to himself, "Was I before a man who dreamt about being a butterfly, or am I now a butterfly who dreams about being a man?"

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby » Mon Sep 03, 2001 12:23 am

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

-Aldous Huxley

_______
Cya later,
Flutterby

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby » Tue Sep 04, 2001 1:43 am

"Going out, are you, Tigger?"

"Yes," he replied. "Roo and I are going on
a picnic. I'm bringing the sandwiches."

"Oh?" What's in that one?"

"Peanut butter, onions, mustard, and cheese."

"Oh. I ... Er ..."

"Is anything the matter?" asked Tigger.
"You've gone green."

"No, it's nothing ... Nothing at all.
I'll be all right. I hope you're not
going far."

"Why?" asked Tigger.

"Oh, just in case we have to bring Roo
back suddenly."

"What for?"

"Nothing, nothing. Run along and enjoy
yourselves. While you can."

-The Te of Piglet

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Tue Sep 04, 2001 2:44 am

LOL Flutterby :)

Do I detect a hidden warning in your Winnie the Pooh quote?

The Tigger who doesn't live in the l00 Acre Woods
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

Flutterby

Post by Flutterby » Tue Sep 04, 2001 8:10 am

Peanut butter, onions, mustard, and cheese sandwiches sure do sound gross don't they? I'll bet they can give you a bad tummy ache if you eat too many of them. ;)

Before I go here is another Pooh quote:

"Wouldn't you say, Pooh?"
"Say what?" asked Pooh, opening his eye.
"Music and Living-----"
"The same thing," said Pooh.

-The Tao of Pooh

[Flutterby has logged out of the forum]

Diane P.

Post by Diane P. » Wed Sep 05, 2001 11:48 am

Most people, when they observe the worst things that are done, only watch. Or turn away. Because they fear if they were do do something the evil would tun on them, too....By the author of "Dead and Gone"..

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:39 am

"Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong." - Dandemis
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

stimpson

Post by stimpson » Thu Sep 06, 2001 2:17 pm

Lights, camera, silence on the set
Tape rolling, 3-2-1-action
Welcome to the church of Suicidal
We'll have a service and wonderful recital
But before we go on, there's something I must mention
An important message I must bring to your attention
I was in meditation and prayer last night
I was awakened by a shining bright light
Over head, a glorious spirit
He gave me a message and you all need to hear it
"Send me your money", that's what he said
He said to "Send me your money"
Now if you can only send a dollar or two
There aint a hell of alot I can do for you
But, if you want to see heaven's door
Make a check out for five hundred or more
"Send me your money", do you here what I'm saying?
"Send me your money"
Here comes another con hiding behind a collar
His only god is the almighty dollar
He aint no prophet, he aint no healer
He's just a two bit goddamn money stealer
Send me your money
Send it, you got to send it
Send me your money
You hear what I'm saying?
Send it, send it
Send me your money
Now how much you give is your own choice
But to me it's the difference between a Porsche and a Rolls Royce
I want you to make it hurt when you dig into your pocket
Cause it makes me feel so good to see my profits rocket
We'll take cash, we'll take checks
We'll take credit cards, we'll take jewelry
We'll take your momma's dentures if they got gold in them
So whose gonna be the next king of the fakers
Whose gonna take the place of Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker?
See my momma, she didn't raise no fool
Cause you can't put a price on a miracle
Amen

--Mike Muir of Suicidal Tendencies

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:11 pm

Thursday quote

"A free society is one where it is safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Sep 06, 2001 7:46 pm

Like Scientologists in France and Germany?

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:36 pm

Annonymous,

Unpopular as in not being like everyone else NOT unpopular as in breaking the law, lying, cheating, abusing the civil rights and freedoms of anyone. People have a right to be safe from both popular and unpopular people and groups.
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Sep 06, 2001 9:13 pm

Yeaaaah, right... as if unpopular groups weren't accused of these very things in the past. You are one to speak about "abusing the civil rights and freedoms of anyone".

Return to “Good Quotes”