One opened, more to come!
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Quote
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:12 pm 

http://www.rejectionhotline.com/

Above is a good way to tell the recruiters to fly off. Find out what the rejection hotline number is in your area.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:30 pm 

Alfred,

The Rejection Hotline is brilliant! I disseminated (!) their phone number for Denver and the URL to the website to many friends. Thanks for passing it on. 8)

G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:32 pm 

Ahem... the "Noitcejer" business cards they have are pretty funny too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:11 am 

Reason and free inquiry are the only effective agents against error. Give a loose to them, they will support the true religion by bringing every false one to their tribunal, to the test of their investigation. They are the natural enemies of error and error only. Had not the Roman government permitted free inquiry, Christianity could never have been introduced. Had not free inquiry been indulged at the era of the Reformation, the corruption of Christianity could not have been purged away. Thomas Jefferson

None can love freedom but good men; the rest love not freedom, but license, which never hath more scope than under tyrants. John Milton

I'm not allowed to go to the deep end of the sandbox. That's where I met the leprechan. He told me to burn things! Ralph from the Simpsons

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:21 am 

"There are so many congressmen and senators here [in Washington, D.C.], I don't know whether to tell a joke or pass a bill...as if there was a difference." --Bob Hope

"Good manners make any man a pleasure to be with. Ask any woman." -- Peter Mayle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:45 pm 

Your GURU is: G U R U (Gee You
Are You)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:47 pm 

I remember when I was a young man - a kid really, and I discovered my first true love.

We were sitting on the dorm porch and getting - you know - that way.

She whispered to me, "George, be gentle, I'm a virgin". I thought, "What the fuck?" So I excused myself and phoned my father.

I told him what she had said and asked, "Dad, what's a virgin?"

He said, "Dump her".

I pleaded, "But why dad?"

He said to me, "If she's not good enough for her own family, then she's not good enough for ours".

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:48 am 

"Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day." --Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:48 am 

"A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences." -- Dave Meurer, "Daze of Our Wives"

"A simple enough pleasure, surely, to have breakfast alone with one's husband, but how seldom married people in the midst of life achieve it." -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"I'm not a real movie star. I've still got the same wife I started out with twenty-eight years ago." -- Will Rogers

"There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works." -- Will Rogers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:09 pm 

"I deduct my body thetans as dependants!"
Dave Touretzky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:16 am 

If falsehood, like truth, had but one face, we would be more on equal terms. For we would consider the contrary of what the liar said to be certain. But the opposite of truth has a hundred thousand faces and an infinite field.
- Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man.
- Henry David Thoreau

Historically...those who told the truth about a particular regime have been exiled, jailed, or killed by those in power whose fury has been aroused. To be sure, the obvious explanation is that they were dangerous to their respective establishments, and that killing them seemed the best way to protect the status quo. This is true enough, but it does not explain the fact that the truth-sayers are so deeply hated even when they do not constitute a real threat to the established order. The reason lies, I believe, in that by speaking the truth they mobilize the [psychological] resistance of those who repress it. To the latter, the truth is dangerous not only because it can threaten their power but because it shakes their whole conscious system of orientation, deprives them of their rationalizations, and might even force them to act differently. Only those who have experienced the process of becoming aware of important impulses that were repressed know the earthquakelike sense of bewilderment and confusion that occurs as a result. Not all people are willing to risk this adventure, lest of all those people who profit, at least for the moment, from being blind.
- Erich Fromm

The right to be let alone is the underlying principle of the Constitution's Bill of Rights.
- Erwin N. Griswold

A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding. When it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by minding other people's business.
This minding of other people's business expresses itself in gossip, snooping and meddling, and also in feverish interest in communal, national and racial affairs. In running away from ourselves we either fall on our neighbor's shoulder or fly at his throat.
- Eric Hoffer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:29 pm 

Only those who have experienced the process of becoming aware of important impulses that were repressed know the earthquakelike sense of bewilderment and confusion that occurs as a result. - Erich Fromm

Kay, hope you don't mind that I pulled out this little bit to reemphasize it.

This "bewilderment and confusion" is what those we care about will experience if we manage to get them to "wake up" from the scio cult experience. And it would behoove us to be prepared to help them through this when we can.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:59 pm 

Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.

- Michel de Montaigne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:26 pm 

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.

-- Winston Churchill

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.

-- Herbert Spencer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:28 pm 

So there's no such thing as PMS huh?

Well PMS has been known about for so long it is even mentionded in the Bible, where it is written:

"And Mary rode Joseph's ass all the way to Bethlehem".

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 984 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 66  Next