Quotes Archive 2004

Good quotes are inspiring. Share yours here.
programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:18 am

From the Who (Eddie Van Halen also did a good rendition of this - mimicked the keyboard part on his guitar.)

--------------------------------------

Won't Get Fooled Again
by The Who

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone.
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong.
They decide and the shotgun sings the song.

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution,
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around.
Pick up my guitar and play,
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again.

The change, it had to come
We knew it all along.
We were liberated from the fold, that's all.
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war.

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution;
Take a bow for the new revolution;
Smile and grin at the change all around;
Pick up my guitar and play;
Just like yesterday
No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive.
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
Though I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya? Huh?

There's nothing in the streets
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are replaced, by-the-bye.
And the parting on the left
Are now parting on the right
And the beards have all grown longer overnight.

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around.
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Don't get fooled again.
No, no!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

------------------------------

I had to correct a couple of words. The post on
the site didn't get it exactly right.

(Message edited by Programmer_guy on December 13, 2004)
codo ergo sum.

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:30 pm

The Scientology justice system can crush you with injustice and enforce disconnection to make it impossible for you to get real justice in a timely way, or ever. Why did L Ron Hubbard write policy that lets ethical Scientologists be crushed so easily and quickly but *no* policy that empowers them to defend themselves *easily, quickly and effectively* against "what some Scientologist said"? In Scientology the power of the organization is almost total. The power of the individual is almost zero. That is PER POLICY. It is OFF POLICY for Scientologists to form a group or for a single Scientologist to join with even one other Scientologist to demand that an injustice be handled. -Edo

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:34 pm

You obviously love Hubbard. I do not. I've met with many people who worked directly with Hubbard, and they agree with me, he was ...bottom line...a Con man, and a jerk. -Magoo

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:43 pm

Pretending to be something you're incapable of becoming is pretty much the bottom line for Scientology. It's the only thing Hubbard excelled at.-Rev Norle Enturbulata

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:22 pm

An emergency-room doctor, familiar with claims of people floating above their own bodies and looking down on them, placed a small plastic doll atop the lighting fixture. Anyone who was situated above the fixtures (exteriorized) could hardly fail to notice something so wildly out of place. Yet not once did someone claim to have floated up, past the light fixtures, looking down on his/her body, and say "by the way, what the heck was that Mickey Mouse doll doing on the lights?" or anything like it. Their "exteriorization" took place entirely in the synapses of the brain, just like any other dream.-Chris Leithiser

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:06 pm

We can laugh. We can point. We can keep track. But *nothing* we do is more effective in exposing the 'Church' of Scientology for what it is than the activities of the 'Church' itself. In the final analysis, we will be remembered as the people with flashlights who pointed at the skulking monster; and *laughed* instead of screaming and running away.- Zinj

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:09 pm

It struck me why LRH made the Sea Org motto "We come back", we needed to come back, and everyone else would have to come back too, because so many people were just not making it in one lifetime up the Scn Bridge. -Chuck B.

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:19 pm

Scientology is nazism in its pseudo-religious form.
-Roger

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:30 pm

Scientology is a global scam. A scam to get money. Why? Maybe it's because this cult's own bible says you must charge for church services. That the idea is to make money, make more money. That the top goal is to ruin psychiatry in order to take over
its finances and get its appropriations. That infiltration and taking over governments for the people's own good is the right idea. That being reasonable and open minded are Scientology crimes worthy of expulsion. -Mike O.

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:32 pm

As the cult spokespeople say, they "aren't a turn the other cheek religion." Mike O.

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:13 pm

People have to be *tricked* into addicting themselves to Scientology. Nicotine they pay for up front with no promises about making ashtrays fly or being able to see without their glasses.-Zinj

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:16 pm

Why would someone look for the truth from a person who is a known liar? -Ghost in the Shell

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:48 pm

Yes, every six months when you are on OT 7, you have to go to Flag for what is called "security checking" which basically means, you are doing everything we tell you to do, how we tell you to do it and when we tell you to do it, under the disguise of them helping you make it through the level. And Yes, you have to pay for it which is usually $20,000 - $100,000. -Free at last

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:04 am

Shelly in 79 or 80, had some trouble and became convinced that Yvonne had taken over Shelly's body, and that "she" (whoever she is now) was now Yvonne in Shelly's body, and this bizarre identity mixup, is the main reason poor Shelly was then routed out of the Sea Org. The Scn movement thought platform, provides bizarre twists to people's conceptions about themselves and reality.
-Chuck B.

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:25 am

Fortunately, the word "Christian" as an adjective and referring to human behavior, and not "religion," has retained its ages-long definition: "decent, civilized." The word's "equivalent" that has entered the English lexicon since the Scientology "religion" began operating is, of course, "scientological." And scientological, in the same place or context as Christian, means the very opposite: indecent, uncivilized. So, it's correct to say of, for example, your behavior in attacking with lies and hate, "How scientological of you!" And it's also correct to say to you, "That wasn't very Christian of you." Scientology will always be stigmatized by its own indecency, its own unchristian nature, and "scientological" will always mean hateful, avaricious, dishonest, shallow, uncharitable, uncompassionate. Christian behavior has survived as something decent and civilized for two thousand years, even making it through Scientology's redefinition of words. Scientological behavior, something hateful, dishonest, shallow, uncharitable, incompassionate, has achieved its own denunciation in a few decades. And if there are avaricious, dishonest, shallow, uncharitable, incompassionate people around who call themselves Christians, well they're being scientological.- Gerry Armstrong

Return to “Good Quotes”