"Learning Accelerator", Scientology's secular emeter (pix!)

Share your experiences and comments about Scientology's "Study Technology".
Post Reply
User avatar
Sea Horse
Posts: 2119
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: Clearwater Florida USA

"Learning Accelerator", Scientology's secular emeter (pix!)

Post by Sea Horse » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Scientology modified their emeter (a "proprietary religious artifact") to use in their "secular" branch called Applied Scholastics for "word clearing". The new meter is called a Learning Accelerator. It's also used by WISE consultants.

There is currently one for sale on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0292852494

What are non-religious groups such as Applied Scholastics and WISE doing using a "proprietary religious artifact" while continuing to claim they are SECULAR and not associated with "Church of Scientology"?

Either Applied Scholastics and WISE are lying (and should be exposed) or Church of Scientology is blowing smoke up everyone's ass about the "proprietary" and "religious" nature of the emeter. CofS can't have it both ways!

Anons and critics... go fer it!

Group of 5 photos: http://tinyurl.com/5ycnze

Image Image Image Image Image

Language from the eBay auction (saved here for posterity's sake because eBay auctions eventually expire and disappear):
This model has had a new battery installed this month and internally calibrated to factory spec .All the original equipment is here: Carrying case with foam in excellent condition, cans, cord, wall charger, and calibration resistors.

Made by Bridge Publications for Applied Scholastics and W.I.S.E., World Institute of Scientology. This operates like an e-meter with similar results. It has a central OFF-ON-TEST knob, a NEEDLE CONTROL dial similar to the TA Dial, a RANGE knob like the Sensitivity Booster, a BALANCE dial like a TRIM dial, and a SENSITIVITY dial like the Sensitivity dial on a standard Hubbard E-Meter.

From WISE's website:

The Learning Accelerator is a precision electronic instrument which can be used by a business trainer or instructor or anyone who is interested in helping others through the technology of word clearing.

Through training and careful application of the techniques of word clearing, you will get standard technical results resulting in an increase of efficiency in your company.

List Price: $930.00
WISE website link: http://www.wise.org/en_US/catalog/categ ... t_Training
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

Don Carlo
Posts: 11764
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:20 am

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:33 pm

If it's for regular secular use, it should be approved by the Food and Drug administration, like other microcurrent devices.

Alpha-Stim and TENS are two micro-current products that have been around for years, and they obviously are having an effect on depression and pain. This strongly suggests there is some narcotic and-or psycho-active effect from the e-meter.

See http://alpha-stim.com/
and
http://www.tens-store.com/ems/index.html

The micro-current affecting the body from alpha-stim and TENS is comparable to the micro-current from the e-meter.

Alpha-Stim and TENS, as medical products, need to be prescribed by a doctor. When the e-meter was tested decades ago, the Food and Drug Administration didn't have sophisticated equipment to test the affects of micro-currents. Now it does, and if the Food and Drug Administration is regulating Alpha-Stim and TENS, it should regard the e-meter as a medical device and test it for effectiveness and safety, and only allow doctors to prescribe it.

User avatar
Ladybird
Posts: 5630
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:22 pm

Post by Ladybird » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 am

This needs to be at the top of the page and not down here at the bottom. This is un-F**king believable!!!
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

User avatar
magoo1
Posts: 11036
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Burbank, CA, USA
Contact:

Post by magoo1 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:01 pm

Absolutely!

Unbelievable...........it's Scientology's E-meter, re-designed to escape
the 'religious artifact" deal.

OSA? Forgeeeeeettttttttttttabouuuuuuuuuuut it. :evil:

Tory/Magoo~~

Gumbythetruth

Re: "Learning Accelerator", Scientology's secular emeter (pi

Post by Gumbythetruth » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:22 pm

Sea Horse wrote:Scientology modified their emeter (a "proprietary religious artifact") to use in their "secular" branch called Applied Scholastics for "word clearing". The new meter is called a Learning Accelerator. It's also used by WISE consultants.

There is currently one for sale on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0292852494

What are non-religious groups such as Applied Scholastics and WISE doing using a "proprietary religious artifact" while continuing to claim they are SECULAR and not associated with "Church of Scientology"?

Either Applied Scholastics and WISE are lying (and should be exposed) or Church of Scientology is blowing smoke up everyone's ass about the "proprietary" and "religious" nature of the emeter. CofS can't have it both ways!

Anons and critics... go fer it!

Group of 5 photos: http://tinyurl.com/5ycnze

Image Image Image Image Image

Language from the eBay auction (saved here for posterity's sake because eBay auctions eventually expire and disappear):
This model has had a new battery installed this month and internally calibrated to factory spec .All the original equipment is here: Carrying case with foam in excellent condition, cans, cord, wall charger, and calibration resistors.

Made by Bridge Publications for Applied Scholastics and W.I.S.E., World Institute of Scientology. This operates like an e-meter with similar results. It has a central OFF-ON-TEST knob, a NEEDLE CONTROL dial similar to the TA Dial, a RANGE knob like the Sensitivity Booster, a BALANCE dial like a TRIM dial, and a SENSITIVITY dial like the Sensitivity dial on a standard Hubbard E-Meter.

From WISE's website:

The Learning Accelerator is a precision electronic instrument which can be used by a business trainer or instructor or anyone who is interested in helping others through the technology of word clearing.

Through training and careful application of the techniques of word clearing, you will get standard technical results resulting in an increase of efficiency in your company.

List Price: $930.00
WISE website link: http://www.wise.org/en_US/catalog/categ ... t_Training
SeaHorse. Please move this up to the General topic's and discussion section, K ?

User avatar
Sea Horse
Posts: 2119
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:05 pm
Location: Clearwater Florida USA

Re: "Learning Accelerator", Scientology's secular emeter (pi

Post by Sea Horse » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:33 am

Gumbythetruth wrote:SeaHorse. Please move this up to the General topic's and discussion section, K ?
I wouldn't mind that, but I dunno how to do that. I think the Admin has to do that. You can ask Roan or Andreas to do it.
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

brownjedi
Posts: 4968
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 11:19 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Post by brownjedi » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:19 pm

I wonder if Will's school is using this device on their students?

How can either group continue to claim no affiliation with the cult?

Techie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: "Learning Accelerator", Scientology's secular emeter (pi

Post by Techie » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:53 pm

Sorry to bring up something on a thread this old, but it is now hard to find anything about the banana meter on the internet since the term "Learning Accelerator" has been taken over by another group. This was the only link I could find about it that had true information, but there is one point I would like to correct - the Learning Accelerator has its own patented circuit from around 1982 and is not the same as the MK V. The meter movement was a Jewell taut band just like the Hubbard Electrometer MK V and the pots were like the MK VI but the electronics are completely different otherwise. The same designer that did the MK VII did the electronics (can't remember his name but he committed suicide sometime in the late 80s or early 90s.) He was not a Scientologist. The whole idea of the "Learning Accelerator" was that it had its own patent and was thus "not Scientology" and not religiously related so it could be used by WISE and Applied Scholastics. Maybe Narconon too?

Don Carlo
Posts: 11764
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:20 am

Re: "Learning Accelerator", Scientology's secular emeter (pi

Post by Don Carlo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:57 pm

The only way the e-meter could escape being "practicing medicine without a license" was to call it a religious device and label it. The Learning Accelerator, labeled as non-religious, has no such waiver and is violating US law.

Petrosky
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:15 am

Re: "Learning Accelerator", Scientology's secular emeter (pi

Post by Petrosky » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:39 am

Don Carlo wrote:
Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:57 pm
The only way the e-meter could escape being "practicing medicine without a license" was to call it a religious device and label it. The Learning Accelerator, labeled as non-religious, has no such waiver and is violating US law.
It's amazing what you can get away with in the name of religion.

Don Carlo
Posts: 11764
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:20 am

Re: "Learning Accelerator", Scientology's secular emeter (pix!)

Post by Don Carlo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:34 am

Welcome to the Bake, Petrovksy. After three posts are approved, you can become a regular poster.

Post Reply

Return to “Study Technology”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests