Help with a OCA

Share your experiences and comments about Scientology's "Study Technology".
altanon

Help with a OCA

Post by altanon » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:43 am

I took a OCA and I am confused about the results and need hlpe better understanding this. I would ask CoS, but well....I am sure the reasons for not doing so have grown tired on this board. So can anyone help me better understand this, who knowsd this material really well? I have researched much about Scientology and its many off-shoots. I am not looking to join, just I am a Theologian and it sometimes leads me down dark alley ways if you know what I mean.

Thank you,
Richard

Here it is...

A 19 In need of attention Stable vs. Unstable(Disperesed)
B 94 Good Happy vs. Depressed
C -27 Poor
Low compared to average Composed vs. Nervous
D 58 OK Personable(Serene) vs. Undependable(Cyclic)
E 95 Good Active vs. Reactively Retarded
F 64 Good Capable vs. Inhibited
G 92 Good Responsible vs. Irresponsible
H 57 OK Logical Reasoning(Appreciation) vs. Capacity for Error(Hyper Critical)
I 58 OK Appreciative(Empathy) vs. Lack of Accord
J 52 OK Communicative vs. Withdrawn

Other Observations

Low trait C, High trait E
Compulsive activity, unable to rest.

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:17 am

Richard,

It's been way too long since I administered OCAs to offer you any details. BUT I will tell you this: I used it to get to a person's "ruin" and then use that for Scientology purposes.

The OCA is worthless in the real world.
codo ergo sum.

olska

Post by olska » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:50 am

Richard,

For an understanding of the OCA test, please look under the topic Opinions and Debate - MODERATED for a thread in April of 2005 titled The Personality (OCA) Test: Did you take it?

You can use the Search feature at the left -- I put in "OCA" in "text of messages" over the "last 90 days" and it came up first on the list.

The OCA test is a sales tool. Please do not trouble yourself about its "meaning."

It is designed to make anyone who takes it question their own mental health and well being and start looking for things that are "wrong" with them. It is a trick to get you to buy books and scientology courses and join the cult.

If you feel you need help in sorting out any personal issues, please seek the help of a real professional counsellor (trained minister or psychologist, for example) or find a peer-group meeting that deals with your particular issues, such as a 12-step program or other type of peer group.

Scientology "counsellors" have NO PROFESSIONAL TRAINING other than being indoctrinated in L. Ron Hubbard's nonsense, and in fact are PROHIBITED from using any training they may have gotten outside the closed world of scientology.

The OCA test is part of Hubbard's nonsense system, and it will only lead you astray.

altanon

Post by altanon » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:34 pm

Well, I thank you for the information you have previded to me. I was not looking for a evaulation, but what "they" would say to me upon these results. I could not, looking at this, figure out what they would say is wrong with me. The only "negative" thing I could figure was the rest thing, but who wants to be resting all the time? Then nothing is ever done.
Anyway, the questions are repeated often, but worded different, so i nthe end its only the same 20 questions over and over. I am suprised none of you have observed this.
I am a Theologian and strive to "crack" the case of bad religion. So far only one relgion has stood against my methods of argument. CoS on the otherhand is laughable. No serious CoS member could ever debate their relgion against me. Ever, if fact I challenge anyone to "prove" the Tech to me and I will show them how to "work" it into saying what ever you wish and what ever outcome you so desire. Remeber, when you write in gibbirish, it can mean anything you want.

Again I thank you for your help, but you shouldnt look at CoS as a relgion or a bad cult. To do so gives it more credit then it deserves. I am offended that it is group with such things. Look at it like a science (like it says it is) and you will see it crumble before your eyes. No wonder they want to maintain "church" status, because then its ok to be crazy.

Richard

[Edit: Oh and I do not think I need mental help and if I did, CoS, would be the last place I would go. Hell I would never go, I would rather die crazy.]

(Message edited by altanon on June 16, 2005)

olska

Post by olska » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:15 pm

Richard,

I could not, looking at this, figure out what they would say is wrong with me.

They would take the lowest point on your graph -- looks like point "C," at -27 indicating "nervous"

and look there for something troubling you;

(this says you are nervous -- are there any particular situations that make you especially nervous? are you ill at ease around certain people? are you hiding something? blah blah blah)

then once they had got you to admit to something (anything), they would say (perhaps not in these exact words)

"scientology can help you with that"

and sell you a book or a course that deals specifically with whatever your problem is.

See how it works?

It's not about "religion" as you, being a Theologian, might view it; it's about finding the thing that a person thinks is "ruining their life" and promising that scientology will fix it.

I agree that scientology uses "Religion" as a cloak to hide behind; but I do believe it is a "bad cult" as it fits ALL the characteristics used to identify a cult, and imo is "Bad" because of the destructive effect it's had on too many of its members.

i nthe end its only the same 20 questions over and over. I am suprised none of you have observed this.

Some of us had observed this.

altanon

Post by altanon » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:30 pm

Thank you, I figured asmuch, when you mentioned "ruin". This is a very despective tatic. Preying peoples fears and self consious ticks, is just sad and pathetic.
If I may ask, how do you deal with all the thoughts of preying upon people they have placed in your mind? If I am worng, please forgive me, but instead of creating a "Clear" mind, is produces chaos in the mind.

olska

Post by olska » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:27 pm

Many of us are here reading what others have to say and are engaged in conversations on this forum in order to sort out the "chaos in the mind" that was brought on by our involvement in scientology.

Learning the truth about what was really going on helps put order into that chaos; there is amazing healing power in sharing the stories of our experience with others who understand.

tammy

Post by tammy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:36 am

Richard, You are correct that the questions on the OCA are repetitve, just worded differently. The idea is that by answering all the questions a pattern will emerge, giving the tester an idea of where your weak spots are.

There is no way to "pass" this test, even if your graph is all across the top they will call you a "theetie weetie" case, and badger you about your lack of confront of your problems until you spit something out that bothers you.

Then they will tell you how "Scientology can help you with that."

The OCA is also used as "proof" that "scientology works", and is given repeatedly to staff as well as the IQ test.

The main problem with this repetitive test taking is that after taking them a few times you figure out the "right" answers, so they are really useless as "proof" that scientology that scientology has increased your IQ or improved your life, but some people obviously want to believe it.

Scientology is indefensible. The only way I have been able to understand how otherwise normal and intelligent people get sucked into it is by studying the hypnotic techniques and psychological mind control techniques used in "auditing". Stockholm syndrome seems to explain alot about why people don't leave, despite the abusive environment in the Sea Org and especially the RPF.

I think many of the scientology practices are specifically and purposely designed to induce insanity.

altanon

Post by altanon » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:48 am

One thing that does confuse me about the OCA is the argument I see used againt it. Meaning, on one hand it is said its crap and that it has no point, but on the other hand it is said that it was stolen from a legimate psycologist by Hubbard. So is it crap or is it the stolen work of a legimate, well-educated person?

Just to point out, I think its crap and I think Psycology is crap too.

StickBoy

Post by StickBoy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:48 am

tammy wrote...
There is no way to "pass" this test, even if your graph is all across the top they will call you a "theetie weetie" case, and badger you about your lack of confront of your problems until you spit something out that bothers you.
anyone completely tank this as in the graph is all across the bottom? if so, what did they say for that?

would that be their nightmare situation (they have a true nut-case) or would their eyes turn into dollar signs?

Just curious...

SB

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:28 am

Tammy wrote: There is no way to "pass" this test, even if your graph is all across the top they will call you a "theetie weetie" case, and badger you about your lack of confront of your problems until you spit something out that bothers you.
That's exactly correct. I did that very thing (as a sup) with at least one student on the HQS course. He scored all across the top. I told him that this can't be all completely true - then I purposely dug up 2D stuff (he was a very young male) - then he admitted to me that he just KNEW how to answer the questions "correctly" and that I was right about the 2D stuff.

Post Person

Post by Post Person » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:59 pm

The OCA is just a tool to make you feel like s*it so they can bag you into feeling you need to buy something from them to 'get better.' Watch the South Park video. I witnessed a young guy take the test who scored a fairly low somewhat straight line across the scale. The guy wasn't buying it that he could score like that, and thought the Div 6 guy punched his answers into the computer wrong, one of the reasons was that he had a successful career and was a very active philanthropic person in the community. The Div 6 guy said, "Well, that's just your social veneer" and so discredited and invalidated him, because why? $cientology is never wrong? Or maybe because he had to find a way to make this guy leave feeling like an ass and a phony in hopes he'll return to buy something to make him feel better?
... and we will remember lrh as a profiteering "Snake Oil Salesman of the 20th Century."

Return to “Study Technology”