Delphi Academy *Summer CAMP*

Share your experiences and comments about Scientology's "Study Technology".
NamaKun

Post by NamaKun » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:16 am

'Ello guys.

I went to Delphi awhile back, but I went to the one here in Clearwater.

Ehhh... Its an -OK- school. I didn't learn a whole lot, and I didn't particularly like the people.

I went to one of their summer camp things. Basicly, it was the same thing as school there, exept a feild trip ever other week. Oh, and you had to pay a bunch for it.

Embrance

Post by Embrance » Sun May 28, 2006 1:44 am

I graduated from Delphi. I don't know where all that data about UC schools and whatnot not accepting graduates came from, because I got into every UC I applied to, as did my friends. The college acceptance rate WAS very good, although the #s of actual graduates is obviously low, due to the size of the school.

It's not a bad school, although definitely not the best. It encourages the bad to weed themselves out, and the good students to thrive and excell. A mediocre or bad student will NEVER graduate that school, hence why you get just a few each year, who generally do very well. It's not because they were prepared especially well, but rather that they were smart to begin with, and were going to do well in the long run anyway. You just don't see the other side of the spectrum because they are always weeded out.

Minouche

Delphian school

Post by Minouche » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:26 am

Hi ya all! I have been in Delphi from 1980 - 1982 - any of you as well? Looking back it had been two hard years on me - hard lessons that taught me much about freedom of thought, which was robbed from me during my scientology time! Glad to be out ... no: Happy to be out!

Minouche

delphi

Post by Minouche » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:49 am

one thing I did not mention: I had a hard time BECAUSE of my scientology background, was a troubled child in a school far away from my home. There is nothing negative I could say about the school really, but a lot of scars and scares left from Scientology. As a child and during my growing up I felt the cult lacked compassion - Delphi lived from the community and that was - back in 1980 I agree - very good. Also I remember the Otts and honestly: They were great. After all: Being a scientologist does not make you a bad person!
Looking back still it was not a happy time for me, which is probably also because my parents had been in Flag and dropped out of Scientology, suffering the "aftermaths"...

truefact11

Re: Delphi Academy *Summer CAMP*

Post by truefact11 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been reading the posts on this page with a lot of interest. I'm a reporter working on a story about these programs, and I'm particularly interested in hearing about the experiences of students who graduated from the Oregon Delphian School.

I would be curious to know how students felt about their time there, and about the school itself.

If any of you are interested in talking, even if only on background, please let me know! We can arrange a way to contact one another.

Thanks,
Ben

AnonyMary

Post by AnonyMary » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:20 pm

truefact11 wrote:Hi everyone,

I've been reading the posts on this page with a lot of interest. I'm a reporter working on a story about these programs, and I'm particularly interested in hearing about the experiences of students who graduated from the Oregon Delphian School.

I would be curious to know how students felt about their time there, and about the school itself.

If any of you are interested in talking, even if only on background, please let me know! We can arrange a way to contact one another.

Thanks,
Ben
Hi Ben,

I emailed you some suggestions :)

Mary
Mary McConnell, is my nom de plume. I help expose the Narconon scams, help victims and document the fraud. Google Narconon scam.
What is Scientology all about? Visit 'Reaching For The Tipping Point'
http://www.forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/

acedemic16

Post by acedemic16 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Another Delphi Academy Press Rlease.......
?i-Newswire.com - Press Release And News Distribution - The Delphian
School Opens 29th Annual Summer Camp
http://i-newswire.com/pr39154. html Changed:11:09 PM on Friday, July 29,
?
The Delphian School Opens 29th Annual Summer CampStudents from around the world participate in.
The Delphian School's summer program, which combines personalized academic programs with fun and challenging activities.

(I-Newswire) - The Delphian School has opened the doors to its 29th
annual summer camp and academic session, welcoming nearly 300 students from around the world. Students come from all over the United States, neighboring countries Canada and Mexico and as far away as Germany, Sweden, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Taiwan and Thailand.
Students range in age from eight to eighteen, and come to learn the study methods developed
by L. Ron Hubbard (
http://www.delphian.org/ourphi losophy-appliedscholastics.htm l ), advance their academic or English studies, and just to have a good
time.
.......more
Delphi's summer camp in the summer is a very helpful for student....
I honestly love it....

spacecootie

Post by spacecootie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:54 am

acedemic16 wrote:Delphi's summer camp in the summer is a very helpful for student....
I honestly love it....
One post to a thread that hasn't been active for four years... acedemic16 joins, stays logged in for four minutes, then splits...
Last visited: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:13 am
Total posts: 1
[0.00% of all posts / 0.11 posts per day]
Search user’s posts
Most active forum: Study Technology
[ 1 Post / 100.00% of user’s posts ]
Most active topic: Delphi Academy *Summer CAMP*
[ 1 Post / 100.00% of user’s posts ]
Nah, this isn't a Scilon trying to get some stats.

Barbara99

Post by Barbara99 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:32 am

Tigger wrote:Another Delphi Academy Press Rlease.......
?i-Newswire.com - Press Release And News Distribution - The Delphian
School Opens 29th Annual Summer Camp
http://i-newswire.com/pr39154. html Changed:11:09 PM on Friday, July 29,
?
The Delphian School Opens 29th Annual Summer CampStudents from around the world participate in.
The Delphian School's summer program, which combines personalized academic programs with fun and challenging activities.

(I-Newswire) - The Delphian School has opened the doors to its 29th
annual summer camp and academic session, welcoming nearly 300 students from around the world. Students come from all over the United States, neighboring countries Canada and Mexico and as far away as Germany, Sweden, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Taiwan and Thailand.
Students range in age from eight to eighteen, and come to learn the study methods developed
by L. Ron Hubbard (
http://www.delphian.org/ourphi losophy-appliedscholastics.htm l ), advance their academic or English studies, and just to have a good
time.
.......more

Can you tell us more about the venue? Was it just camping, or were the camp is more like of academic type weith sleeping facilities ? What about the training facilities, workshops etc?

tayson123

Re:

Post by tayson123 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:55 pm

Tigger wrote:Hi,

Yeah, some kids need the extra structure and discipline of special schools, Summer Academic Camps, etc. Glad it worked out for you. Back when Hubbard was in charge of the tech, I don't think there was as much control and push to "make a Scientologist" as there seems to be since Miscavige has taken command.

Mike De Wolf is a nic. I don't know his real name. He's had several posted conversations with Delphi School attendees. I think he's probably about your age.

You might want to look through his posts.....some name names of former classmates and teachers.

Operation Clambake Message Board :: Search
search.php?search_author=mikedewolf

Or you might want to private message him to ask about certain people. Or Mike might show up. I don't think I've seen him in a while.

Best,

Tigger

I agree with you, some children do need extra effort to teach and make them disciplined.
But it is necessary for them to learn these stuffs as they grow so that they can be better person when they grow up

Return to “Study Technology”