One opened, more to come!
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Rev Jerry Falwell is dead.
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:39 pm 

Rev Jerry Falwell dead.
That's one less cult boss to worry about.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6659457.stm

Quote:
In 1999, he denounced the BBC TV children's show The Teletubbies, because he believed one character, Tinky Winky, was homosexual.

Bastard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:14 am 

Are you a gay TeleTubby, Sponge?

Why else the vitriol on the day a man dies?

A huge church, attended and loved my many, charities, a large major universtity... Jerry Falwell left the world (America) a better place than he found it. He rose to the top of an important and large segment of American society. A creator of one of the most important forces in American politics, he was a councilar to Presidents.

Most Americans, whether they were sympathetic to Falwell or not, would (on the day of his death) prefer not to hear a peep out of any Europeans, rather than hear him called a bastard.

:salut:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:44 am 

Roan wrote:

A huge church, attended and loved my many, charities, a large major universtity... Jerry Falwell left the world (America) a better place than he found it. He rose to the top of an important and large segment of American society. A creator of one of the most important forces in American politics, he was a councilar to Presidents.

Most Americans, whether they were sympathetic to Falwell or not, would (on the day of his death) prefer not to hear a peep out of any Europeans, rather than hear him called a bastard.

Although I wouldn't literally wish anyone die, I am glad he's gone. Sorry for his family and all but, for him, no.
He was a fine example of what went wrong with America.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:08 am 

Sponge wrote:
Roan wrote:

Although I wouldn't literally wish anyone die, I am glad he's gone. Sorry for his family and all but, for him, no.
He was a fine example of what went wrong with America.

I agree with you, I'm glad he's dead. I bet the Christians wonder why Larry Flynt is still around and Falwell died, I'm sure the more evil of the two died. Hopefully Pat Robertson, Benny Hinn, Ted Haggard and these guys are next:

www.godhatesfags.com

I proudly wish death upon ALL of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:19 am 

While we are at it, here are some great Jerry Falwell quotes:

If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
-- Jerry Falwell

The idea that religion and politics don't mix was invented by the Devil to keep Christians from running their own country.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

Grown men should not be having sex with prostitutes unless they are married to them.
-- Jerry Falwell, on CNN's Crossfire, May 17, 1997

I do not believe the homosexual community deserves minority status. One's misbehavior does not qualify him or her for minority status. Blacks, Hispanics, women, etc., are God-ordained minorities who do indeed deserve minority status.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, USA Today Chat, quoted from The Religious Freedom Coalition

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:28 am 

Oh thank you TheDarksideOfScientology thank you thank you thank you .. I now realize my faith is pure phooey … thank God .. I mean ummm thank TheDarksideOfScientology for the TheDarksideOfScientology and his wisdom that we should replace all religion with immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheDarksideOfScientology, you’re my hero. :love5: :love5: :love5:

-L. Ron Hubbard Jr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:34 am 

it's hard NOT to dislike a man who was a hypocrite, a liar, a thief, and a conman on a scale not seen since... well, Lafayette Ron Hubbard himself.

Only difference is, Hubbard made his own religion. Falwell attached his rising star onto someone else's religion and turned Christ's words into a hate-filled song that no doubt has Jesus going, "C'mon, Dad, do we HAVE to let him in?"

He was not a nice man, he was not a good man. Almost everything he did was purely for his own aggrandizement. Only someone who blindly accepted that "Christian = good" would think that, in just the same way that Scientologists blindly accept that "Hubbard = good" and never look at what he actually SAID.

Fortunately, the extreme right-wing political machine he helped to create has lost the support of the vast majority of the good, kind Christians he duped, thanks to the obvious corruption of George W. Bush & Co. With Falwell dead, may another never seek to replace him.

I remember one of the things Heinlein wrote that struck me the most (and this was in 1941 when he wrote it) was a story about how America basically became a religious dictatorship, thanks to the efforts of one Nehemiah Scudder, a "man from Mississippi with hair in his ears and a deep voice." He presided over a religious revival and was "Elected president in 2012. And there was never another election."

If this goes on- is a chilling tale when you consider just how close we are to that TODAY. How many people really believe that there is no such thing as evolution in our schools today? And people believe that Bush is a good Christian, when he can't even quote a single Bible verse.

Of course, "the surest route to making a Christian become an athiest is to let him actually read the Bible."

But you'd think he could at least quote one of the more popular verses. "I come not to bring peace, but bearing a sword" would be choice, considering his actions across the world.

"Scientology is only about convincing the able they're crippled,
and lying to the crippled with the promise of making them able."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:49 am 

Morsicle wrote:
Oh thank you TheDarksideOfScientology thank you thank you thank you .. I now realize my faith is pure phooey … thank God .. I mean ummm thank TheDarksideOfScientology for the TheDarksideOfScientology and his wisdom that we should replace all religion with immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already knew that. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:59 am 

Morsicle wrote:

And Christians wonder why their U.S. population decreased by over 36 million in an 11 year period (1990-2001).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:07 am 

Andreas,

Starting a thread specifically to rejoice in a man’s death is outrageous. It’s an obscenity.

Even more so when the man is an important figure to people of the Baptist faith.

This is exactly what $cientologists will point to when they point to OCMB and scream “religious bigotry.”

I’m asking you to dustbin this hateful piece of garbage.

-L. Ron Hubbard Jr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:10 am 

Morsicle wrote:
Andreas,

Starting a thread specifically to rejoice in a man’s death is outrageous. It’s an obscenity.

Even more so when the man is an important figure to people of the Baptist faith.

This is exactly what $cientologists will point to when they point to OCMB and scream “religious bigotry.”

I was raised a Baptist for the first 14 years of my life, I don't get to voice my opinion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:13 am 

Quote:
Isn't it ironic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:16 am 

rawl wrote:
Quote:
Isn't it ironic?

Don't you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:23 am 

I watched his rise, and the rise of those like him, for almost my entire life, and I don't get a bit of relief now that he's gone and his machine is destroyed?

I wouldn't say this thread is exultation. I would say it's just relief, and an examination of his life - the most dangerous cults aren't the ones on the fringes, they're the ones who try to step into the political arena and pass laws. Falwell did that, and did a lot of that, managing to push his private beliefs into the public lives of other people-

Just as Hubbard wanted to. Examining Hubbard and Falwell side-by-side and you'll be hard-pressed to see the difference, except that Hubbard had to con his marks on a one-by-one basis and squeeze them as hard as he could. Falwell could get money from so many different poeple that he didn't have to squeeze and destroy the same way Hubbard did.

Jerry Falwell held almost all the same opinions that Lafayette Ron Hubbard did. The only difference between them is that Falwell was a Christian and therefore he had to gloss over his own shortcomings with the 'appearance' of goodness to placate those who gave him money so freely, and Hubbard made his own religion so he could just say, "How I act is right. Now pick up the cans, this is the session."

"Scientology is only about convincing the able they're crippled,
and lying to the crippled with the promise of making them able."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:34 am 

Quote:

Wow. You don't sound like a Scientologist here, at all. People have differing opinions than you, so it must be censored, typical Christian attitude. Are you a Baptist, is that why you are so offended?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next