LA Times reporter Nate Jackson interviews protesters

Where off-topic, flames, etc are thrown.
AngryGayPope

Re: LA Times reporter Nate Jackson interviews protesters

Post by AngryGayPope » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Radio Paul wrote:The Evil Tall Man??????

When is the funeral
Old Fart's funeral will be five minutes after David Miscavige see's this video of Scientology behaving badly.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:19 am

This is pretty disgusting. Not the old guy. You.

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:44 am

Sponge wrote:This is pretty disgusting. Not the old guy. You.

Every time you make a pea-brained comment about me it just pushes my thread to the top of the heap again Spongy-poo!

duhast

Post by duhast » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:28 am

OK...comment from outsider sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

The backbiting is off-putting. I have no problem with you, Pope, or you, Sponge, but you obviously have problems with each other. What ever happened to "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

IMHO, which isn't and shouldn't be worth shit here, is that the bitch-slapping doesn't belong in public. Does it put forth the image of a united front against CO$? "Stupid nutjob protesters can't even get along with each other..."

The fight against CO$ is more important than the fact you hate each other. Deal with it.
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:51 am

AngryGayPope wrote:
Every time you make a pea-brained comment about me it just pushes my thread to the top of the heap again Spongy-poo!
No, seriously, I feel more sorry for the old guy even though he acted like a dick by grabbing your camera. Especially when you follow him doing that witless "neener-neener" bullshit and then gloat about on here. How old are you?

Anyone else you want scream at? You've done kids in a playground already, now the elderly. How about the disabled next?

Don't you wonder what his story is? Maybe that miserable old guy has children, grand children or great-grand children that he's never seen, either because the cult won't let him or that he can't afford to travel to see them. Whatever his story is, I'm sure it is sad.

Smurf

Post by Smurf » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:37 am

Sponge wrote:
AngryGayPope wrote:
No, seriously, I feel more sorry for the old guy even though he acted like a dick by grabbing your camera. Especially when you follow him doing that witless "neener-neener" bullshit and then gloat about on here.
One has to be careful when dealing with the elderly.. in the video, he grabbed at AGP's camera, then put his hand up in a defensive posture. The poor guy could have been genuinely afraid... considering the area where this occurred... in addition to it being largely Scientology properties, it's a high crime area. One has to be wary of doing anything that can be construed as elder abuse.

AngryGayPope

Spare me Sponge

Post by AngryGayPope » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:36 am

Since when is it a crime to ask "Are you a Scientologist?" There is a reason why the third anniversary of Anonymous had 20 protesters instead of 400. Obnoxious people like "Sponge" who criticize everything, are not team players, who won't lead, follow or get out of the way.

Gnu

Re: Spare me Sponge

Post by Gnu » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:40 am

AngryGayPope wrote:Since when is it a crime to ask "Are you a Scientologist?" There is a reason why the third anniversary of Anonymous had 20 protesters instead of 400. Obnoxious people like "Sponge" who criticize everything, are not team players, who won't lead, follow or get out of the way.

I wonder if you really believe this. Seriously.
"Wisdom comes by disillusionment."
George Santayana

Sponge

Re: Spare me Sponge

Post by Sponge » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:01 pm

AngryGayPope wrote:Since when is it a crime to ask "Are you a Scientologist?" There is a reason why the third anniversary of Anonymous had 20 protesters instead of 400. Obnoxious people like "Sponge" who criticize everything, are not team players, who won't lead, follow or get out of the way.
You already knew he was a scientologist. So by fliming him and asking him you weren't going to find out anything new anyway. But of course that wasn't even the point was it? I never even mentioned that and you think you are sounding all innocent, coyly suggesting to a bored audience that thats's all you did. Please, we aren't that stupid. Neither did I ask you to non-sequitur into protest stats.

Like most, I don't follow you around the forum and I ignore most of your bullshit but when you put your actions right up there for review then you should be fully prepared for any criticism. If you can't take it then why are you even posting it here?

Did you know that some people here are actually afraid to say anything to you because they know you'll blow up exactly like you have done here, changing the subject completely, making it all about poor little innocent you and how nasty they are. Some have very low tolerance for that crap. So, they say nothing for the sake of a quiet life.

I don't expect you'll ever listen to criticism or learn by example of what others find works well, as evidenced by the 8 charges hanging over your head for your behavior which could land you in jail. But at least by commenting once in a while I can let lurkers know that any lack of response by some other members of this forum is not automatically to be taken as tacit approval of your street behaviour. You are entitled to do whatever the hell you like in your own life but if you want to post your videos of yourself in action then expect to be criticized on those actions and if you repeatedly post ridiculous things that we don't care about, like how sucky you think other forums or critics are, then expect that to be ridiculed too.

Expecting big fonts in 3,2,1....

sekh

Post by sekh » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:31 pm

As a newbie I tend to stay away from personal squabbles. They don't concern me. And I do admire Pope's guts.

Having said that I want to make two comments. First; The old man. Yeah, he's a scientologist. So what, he's still an elderly person with fragile bones and a bad back,that's probably hurting. What would have happened if he'd fallen? Respecting the elderly doesn't stop at their membership of whacky cults. Yeah, I know CoS puts the elderly and the sick to work and all that... but that doesn't give protesters the right to bully them. Little kids and elderly people should be left in peace.

Point 2: And those big fonts benefit only sight-impaired readers and posters with overflowing ego's.
Somehow in this case I doubt it's done for the shortsighted among us. Big fonts only have a purpose when emphasizing. If you use them all of the time they lose every extra value. The message looks kinda childish that way.

No points for this one, Pope. Sorry.

Sekh.
"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."
Sir Karl Popper (1902 - 1994)

elwood

Post by elwood » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:30 pm

duhast wrote:OK...comment from outsider sticking his nose where it doesn't belong.

The backbiting is off-putting. I have no problem with you, Pope, or you, Sponge, but you obviously have problems with each other. What ever happened to "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

IMHO, which isn't and shouldn't be worth shit here, is that the bitch-slapping doesn't belong in public. Does it put forth the image of a united front against CO$? "Stupid nutjob protesters can't even get along with each other..."

The fight against CO$ is more important than the fact you hate each other. Deal with it.
In this particular case it isn't a matter of liking or not liking Pope. He has done some good stuff and he's done some incredibly stupid things. In this video he comes across as juvenile. If someone had been trotting along behind me calling me "old man" in an unbelievably annoying tone of voice I would have been tempted to take a swing at him.
When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
-- Dave Barry

AngryGayPope

Post by AngryGayPope » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:54 pm

elwood wrote: If someone had been trotting along behind me calling me "old man" in an unbelievably annoying tone of voice I would have been tempted to take a swing at him.
Duh, once again, did you watch the video? He punches me first. Spare me the bawwing.

mussel

Post by mussel » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Why don't we keep this topic to Nate Jackson?

Also,
1) Disable large fonts across the board
2) Disable colors on large fonts across the board
'Through judicious use of the E-Meter Scientology auditors were able to remove countless Thetans ("dollars") from followers.'
- Jon Stewart

skeptic2girl

Re: Protest video Big Blue - Angry Old Fart Scientologist

Post by skeptic2girl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:18 pm

AngryGayPope wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq_nJ3tLncQ
ANGRY OLD FART

All I said was "Are you a Scientologist? Of course it was obvious he was because he was wearing a giant OT embroidered jacket. He just did not use OT powers to defend himself.
I am grateful for anyone who peacefully protests against Scientology. It takes some guts.

But I don't see the point of antagonizing individual members.

To my mind, protests aren't for the benefit of people involved in Scientology, but for people
driving and walking by.

I feel like doing anything that is meant to purposely tease someone, heckle someone, or even just
try to make them feel ashamed, is simply not acceptable.

After all, isn't the main problem the church itself and its abuses? David M. and his abuses?

We need to remember that individual Scilons were lured into the the "church" -- recruited.

Although Scientologists might get mad at US or yell at US I feel it's important to take the high road
so they can't fault us with anything.

I guess we all have different reasons why we protest things. I think standing outside with signs
and talking to (non-Scientologist) people who walk by and possibly saying things to Scientologists
in a friendly, non-confrontatitonal manner is the right thing to do.

Why make yourself look like a jerk?
"The truth is out there."

'Alert'

Post by 'Alert' » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:23 pm

AngryGayPope wrote: He punches me first. Spare me the bawwing.
Ya know what, you baww like no other. I guess that's why you basically earn yourself involuntary exits from just about every anti-scientology forum.
You'll push the buttons of the wrong person one day. The chances are it will not even be a critic or a clam. It'll end up being some nobody in the street that doesn't take kindly to how you carry on towards children or elderly.
You've certainly laid down a foundation for a decent defense of someone kicking your arse.

Ya don't think your shit protesting style you capture on video wouldn't help someone charged with assault?

You truly are moronic of monumental proporptions.
"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line. This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom." - Dianetics 55

Return to “Dustbin”