Ad hom attack

Where off-topic, flames, etc are thrown.
operatingwog

Ad hom attack

Post by operatingwog » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:51 am

Don Carlo I can't work out if you're really really stupid, or if you have malicious intentions. I think you must have malicious intentions because I just can't conceive of you really being as stupid as you appear.

You said above you agreed that "liar" refers to a character trait, whereas "lying" functions to characterise a specific action.

But now you say you've come up with something that makes a mockery of this claim! (This claim that you agreed with a few hours ago.) You don't trouble to explain why you now think this claim is false, or has been made a mockery of. Why would you do that? You've made a mockery of it -- or so you say.

Have you deliberately adopted the personality of a bumbling idiot in order to say as many offensive things as possible without being constrained by the requirement of consistency or troubled by the demands of accountability?

You present as having so little awareness of the requirements of adequate evidence that you can make the serious charge that caroline is driving people away from OCMB on the basis that one person stopped posting after one of caroline's posts! That's really shocking. You don't trouble yourself with the fact that this person also stopped posting on another message board at the same time. Nor do you seem troubled by the fact that this person gave an account of why she was stopping posting which made no mention of caroline's post. Why let little details like this get in the way of a really offensive attack on caroline?

You're so much of a bumbling idiot -- apparently, at least -- that you can hypothesise that there's several people posting using my name and then five minutes later this is just a misunderstanding which you're sorry for?

I don't believe it. It stinks.
“These guys are crazy. And all of this shit is straight out of the L. Ron Hubbard playbook. That’s their scriptures. They say they’re not a turn-the-other-cheek religion. No. They’re a knock-you-down-and-kick-you-in-the-balls religion.” Jason Beghe

Don Carlo

Re: Is willful lying okay on OCMB?

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:01 am

I already apologized for a misinterpretation, thinking you didn't know karen had left. I asked if there were more than one of you. Believe it or not, that wasn't accusatory - many of us are concealing our identities and it's just as concealing to have one person as two. I didn't say "multiple people," so please let go of that quote. For this you called me a EDITED: "bumbling idiot, apparently" on a post which someone else rightly placed in the dustbin.
You earlier complained about my intelligence and said you felt disgust. Could I have an apology for that?
Apparently arguing with me gets you angry. Why not put me on ignore, and get back to criticizing CoS?

operatingwog

Post by operatingwog » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:11 am

^^ I didn't say you are a bumbling idiot. My point was that you appear to have adopted a bumbling idiot persona.
I wrote:Have you deliberately adopted the personality of a bumbling idiot in order to say as many offensive things as possible without being constrained by the requirement of consistency or troubled by the demands of accountability?
and
I wrote:You're so much of a bumbling idiot -- apparently, at least -- that you can hypothesise that there's several people posting using my name and then five minutes later this is just a misunderstanding which you're sorry for?
It isn't fair for my post to be dustbinned and then misrepresented. It's like tying my arms behind my back and laying into me. How can I defend myself if what I'm defending myself about has been censored. It's ridiculous.
“These guys are crazy. And all of this shit is straight out of the L. Ron Hubbard playbook. That’s their scriptures. They say they’re not a turn-the-other-cheek religion. No. They’re a knock-you-down-and-kick-you-in-the-balls religion.” Jason Beghe

operatingwog

Post by operatingwog » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:17 am

Don Carlo wrote:I already apologized for a misinterpretation, thinking you didn't know karen had left. I asked if there were more than one of you. Believe it or not, that wasn't accusatory - many of us are concealing our identities and it's just as concealing to have one person as two. I didn't say "multiple people," so please let go of that quote. For this you called me a EDITED: "bumbling idiot, apparently" on a post which someone else rightly placed in the dustbin.
You earlier complained about my intelligence and said you felt disgust. Could I have an apology for that?
Apparently arguing with me gets you angry. Why not put me on ignore, and get back to criticizing CoS?
I haven't complained about your intelligence. You made that up. No, I'm not going to apologise for being disgusted by your behaviour. Disgust is an appropriate reaction to something that's disgusting.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:38 am

OK operating wog, I misinterpreted when you said
Don Carlo I can't work out if you're really really stupid, or if you have malicious intentions. I think you must have malicious intentions because I just can't conceive of you really being as stupid as you appear. *

I thought there was a message that I was stupid in there somewhere. I apologize about mixing up being stupid and appearing stupid. Excsue me for not closely poring over the wording of that paragraph. Will you apologize for the post immediately above, where you, operatingwog said:
No, I'm not going to apologise for being disgusted by your behaviour. Disgust is an appropriate reaction to something that's disgusting.
*viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46597&p=422695&hil ... id#p422695

operatingwog

Post by operatingwog » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:27 am

^^ Perhaps you can tell me, Don Carlo, as a new moderator whether you think the moderation of this board is impartial.

Comments such as these, made to me, appear to be fine. Noone considered them worthy of dustbinning.

'Varying the question' is a Sec Checking (scientology's interrogation procedure done on the e-meter) term that describes a technique the interrogator uses when he is trying to get the preclear to confess to a crime. If the interrogator does not get a confession on the Sec Check question (example: 'Did you personally redact this doc?'), he is instructed to use the technique of varying the question in as many different ways as his creative intelligence can think of to vary the question. Operatingwog's OP was a stunning example of such talent. Rather than simply asking Karen the question, he/she re-worded it repeatedly (six different ways), I guess, to try to get a 'read' on Karen. I don't know if operatingwog was/is a trained Sec Checker, or even if operatingwog has any personal experience with scientology (he/she has implied he has no personal experience with it), I just can't help but notice these things.

Caroline/Operatingwog: You two are Karen#1 Stalkerazis.

A comment made to you in which I did not call you a bumbling idiot was dustbinned because, I was told, I was not allowed to call you a bumbling idiot! (Is there some logic there? It eludes me entirely, I have to say.)

I was told by the dustbinning moderator that you had been "nothing but polite". I replied
operatingwog wrote:Saying caroline is driving people away from OCMB is polite?

Suggesting that there are multiple people posting in my name is polite?
All I got back was
Calling someone a bumbling idiot isn't allowed.
(Which is fine, but irrelevant, since I never did call you a bumbling idiot.)

So now that you're a moderator can you tell me if this double standard is an explicit thing? Who is and who is not entitled to receive protection from abuse on this board?

Return to “Dustbin”