Global picket March 15 2008

admin
Site Admin

Global picket March 15 2008

Post by admin » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:51 pm

Last one was almost 10.000 people in over 100 locations world-wide! Do you want to be part of history! Better join March 15th 2008!

See the different locations under The International Picket Central here on OCMB, or see here:

http://forums.enturbulation.org/viewforum.php?f=21
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
- Life is not a test.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:17 pm

BUSTCARD: Know your rights if police stop you:
What To Do If You’re Stopped By the Police

Stay calm and in control of your words, body language and emotions.
Don’t get into an argument with the police.
Never bad-mouth a police officer.
Remember, anything you say or do can be used against you.
Keep your hands where the police can see them.
Don’t run. Don’t touch any police officer.
Don’t resist even if you believe you are innocent.
Don’t complain at the scene or tell the police they’re wrong or that you’re going to file a complaint.
Do not make any statements regarding the incident.
Ask for a lawyer immediately if you are arrested.
Remember officers’ badge and patrol car numbers.
Write down everything you remember ASAP.
Try to find witnesses and their names and phone numbers.
If you are injured, take photos of the injuries as soon as possible, but make sure you get medical attention first.

Police may stop and detain you only if they have a reasonable suspicion that you have committed, are committing or are about to commit a crime.
You can ask if you are under arrest or free to leave. If you are arrested, you have a right to know why.
Police can't lawfully require that you identify yourself or produce identification if they don't reasonably suspect you are involved in a crime. But use your judgment — refusal could lead to your arrest even if unjustified.
If police reasonably suspect you pose a danger to them or others, they may conduct a frisk and “pat down” your outer clothing. Don’t physically resist, but make it clear that you don’t consent to any further search.
Don’t bad-mouth a police officer or run away, even if you believe what is happening is unreasonable. That could lead to your arrest.

from
from http://www.nyclu.org/bustcard

I would have the injuction list of "Anonymous stalkers" and point out to the police that I'm not on the list. I would also have my buddies film everything that the police are doing. Someone should have the job of keeping the rest of the Anonymous crowd moving on and not yelling at the policemen. They should also be alert for any agent provocateur rock-throwing or illegality that some Scientologist tries to pull while the Anonymous crowd is distracted by the police inquiry.

I would, if asked at the picket for ID, offer to let the police pat me down to show I had no weapons. I would be respectful, and answer the police's other questions. I'd ask, on camera, "If I give you my ID and I'm completely law-abiding, will you put my name in a database?" If yes, "Is that database open to the public?" If the answer is "yes," then I'd probably cave in and give them my ID anyway. But at least it reveals the police as cooperating with CoS to intimidate peaceful protesters. If the answer is "no," the policeman promises name won't go into a database, and then I find there IS a database, I can take my buddies' film showing the policeman's promise and SUE.

No matter what, the Anonymous mob should not gang up on the police officer - they could interpret that as a riot and s*&%, that would be bad. If tear gas is fired, the picketers look wild and frantic, like criminals. CoS will look like the innocent victim saved from the mob.

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:33 pm

Yes be nice to the cops and they will generally be nice to you.

The whole thing is that being at a picket does not give them probably cause to arrest you. If they ask are you anonymous, say no, here is my name.

machwon

Post by machwon » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:31 pm

brownjedi wrote:Yes be nice to the cops and they will generally be nice to you.

The whole thing is that being at a picket does not give them probably cause to arrest you. If they ask are you anonymous, say no, here is my name.

The first and only time I have encountered the police during a picket was my first picket in Kansas City. He thanked us for picketing. :lol:
Ewwwah!

http://jimjesus.com

(∃x∈S:φ(x))→ (∀x∈S:φ(x)) = Scientology logic

Benny's Friend

Post by Benny's Friend » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:33 pm

Andreas, awesome custom header on this Forum:

With the first wave of protests only a few hours from unleashing in the Australian hemisphere, may I convey my love and respect for all those who are gathering for this noble cause.

Be safe.

Have fun.

Godspeed to you all!

Benny's Friend
The more who speak out, the more who get out.

Don Carlo

Post by Don Carlo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:14 pm

Lawexpert100

Re: Global picket March 15 2008

Post by Lawexpert100 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:40 am

Global fight against injustice: thinkgloballyactglobally

Alex25

Re: Global picket March 15 2008

Post by Alex25 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:33 pm

The first and only time I have encountered the police during a picket was my first picket in Kansas City. He thanked us for picketing.

Return to “INTERNATIONAL PICKETS”