One opened, more to come!
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: The Golden State of Ideal Orgs?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:31 am 

Cross post from WWP:

Writing in the Village Voice, Tony Ortega recently published a copy of a flyer that came from the San Fernando Valley "Org." It had the title, "The Golden State of Ideal Orgs" and featured representations of various Ideal Orgs throughout California:

The moment I saw this flyer, I immediately knew something was up. There was a picture of the Orange County Org (Santa Ana, to be more specific). Like a lot of us So Cal folks, I had been following the progress of this org. While the picture in the flyer showed a gleaming, beautiful building, the real Org is a dilapidated mess. In fact, there was an entire thread on here previously that featured pictures from Diablo that showed what a wreck this building is, with broken windows, boarded up doors and a collapsed fire escape!

Here's the picture from the flyer:

For comparison, here's a picture I copied from Google Street View:

Here's a link to Diablo's original thread :

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/oc-ideal-org-recog-with-photos.94043/

And here's some of the close ups he took that show the Org's real condition:

So I was like, "wait, wut?" I mean, here they had a picture that clearly didn't match the reality, lol, I know, right?

Then I had a conversation with a friend who mentioned to me that the Scilons were doing work on the Valley Ideal Org. I remembered, there was a picture of that Org on the flyer that also showed it as being done!

Check it out:

I pulled up the Org in Google Street View. Obviously, night and day:

So now we're two for two, right? Out of curiosity, I started looking up other orgs on the flyer.

Here's their picture of Mountain View:

And here's what it looks like in Google Street View:

OK, so you can see that absolutely nothing's been done on that location. And they're trying to pass it off as being completed?

One more, here's Steven's Creek. Obviously, this one's a lot closer, but you still have elements that aren't there in actuality, like the fountain. BTW, the comparison picture came from Anons that raided the place, lol!

And the real Steven's Creek:

Anyway, this just seems to show how desperate they are to show evidence of their "expansion," even to the point of heavily doctoring these photos to show all these Ideal Orgs, some of which are works in progress and others where nothing seems to be going on at all.

Oh, and by the way, the Ideal Org they list for San Diego is not the Ideal Org there, it's their regular Org. Somehow they managed to not include the huge "For Sale" sign on the building in their picture of it.+

Postscript:

The OC Weekly picked up the story, with a great official response from the Church!

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2012/04/a_sneak_peek_at_scientologys_ideal_org_in_orange_county_santa_ana.php

Post subject: Re: The Golden State of Ideal Orgs?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:45 pm 

More follow up from the OC Weekly:

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2 ... ty_ide.php

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:40 pm 

LOL, so now the Valley Org puts out a flyer emphasizing that they're actually working on renovating the place and showing a hand drawn representation of what the place is supposedly going to look like:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:52 pm 

Religious volunteers are not allowed to take construction jobs away from the local community. They are supposed to do things like teach Sunday School or feed the homeless.

Quote:
Competition is yet another factor that influences the Department of Labor's evaluation. A volunteer should never displace or replace a member of the workforce. If his or her service jeopardizes the employment of another individual, the Department of Labor is unlikely to grant volunteer status.

from http://www.ed.gov/americareads/resource ... hours.html

3 miles away is the Burbank Carpenters Union, whose members are hungry for work. CoS should hire them for union wages, and have workplace safety like steel-toed boots. They are several times faster than untrained volunteers, and build better and stronger structures. CoS's way is to supervise with zealous high school dropouts, who learned poor workplace safety in earlier CoS renovations. Licensed construction workers know protection against dust, fumes, ear, eye and joint damage, and being maimed. But Sea Org thinks the volunteer's body is just meat.

Carpenters Union Local 209
2805 W Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91505
(661) 255-1511