San Jose/South Bay Report

Rickybobby

San Jose/South Bay Report

Post by Rickybobby » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Hey! FInally making time to upload pics I took in August. Can any of you help me ID these folks? Sorry for the dark quality, it was a night-time shot from a phone camera. During good weather, they regularly set up a stress test table in front of the Starbucks at 1st and Paseo near the Fairmont and SJSU, but I can't detect any regular pattern. They may have quit for the season; haven't seen them or have any reports of them in at least 4 weeks. They are from the sad little Willow Glen Mission of San Jose. I am assuming the woman is Christine Zeitler. I visit the mission periodically and it still seems to be chugging along, but is only open sporadically. The plants in front were well maintained, and on one of the doors they invited folks to the Fri night graduations. It's a pretty sad little complex, though, if you haven't seen it. Most of the suites in this complex look empty, broken down car in the lot; haven't been able to determine if the dental lab is Scilon owned or if the complex itself is Scilon owned. It's pretty sad looking, guess they are sending all their money uplines and not putting it back into the mission....

There is also a different lady, kind of a middle aged dumpy blonde, who gives these out periodically near the MLK Library/SJSU campus. Haven't been able to get pic of her yet. I have also found these by the Paseo, but didn't see who was doing it. These are for the big Stevens Creek IDLE org. I noted that NOWHERE on there does it say Scientology. I guess when people get there they will get a clue from the big SCIENTOLOGY sign, but meh.

Have also driven by John Allender / Patrick Wehner 's Mission of South San Jose, it is still active. Had Dianetics sign out front, a few cars, nowhere was the word "Scientology." I think they show their movie on Tuesday nights. Would post pics but they aren't informative.

Don Carlo

Re: San Jose/South Bay Report

Post by Don Carlo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Nice work, Rickybobby. The woman looks over 35 and the men over 50, and they all look faintly embarassed to be peddling this out of date "personality test." Young people can pretend to not know any better, but these people should have direct personal experience that CoS doesn't fulfill its loopy promises.

Rickybobby

Re: San Jose/South Bay Report

Post by Rickybobby » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:25 pm

Yes, I hate to say this, but I kinda felt sorry for them. They had an air of desperation about them and were obviously not having much success. Their mission is pretty pitiful looking, they are pitiful looking and it appears to me they are old timers hanging on for dear life. IAS has probably sucked not only their money out of them, but any soul or joy they had. This takes my vote as the next mission to close around here.

Return to “California”