Sacramento Org

free_for_real

Sacramento Org

Post by free_for_real » Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:47 am

One person who has quit doing anything at the Sacramento org reported that staff members they do not even know are calling them to come in when they haven't been there for years and don't want to.

They are even calling them at work when this person has repeatedly told them not to do that.

4sanity

Post by 4sanity » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:39 am

Free at Last,

That type of action NEVER surprises me as they have been doing it for years. They are the ultimate "hard sellers", as there is no such thing as NO. When I was on staff or asked to do volunteer work, they would call people at home as late as 9:00 PM (both people who bought one book 10-15 years ago, or "cold calls" out of the white pages), or as early as 9:00 AM on a Sunday morning.

No matter how many times people would scream at callers and tell them to NEVER call again, they would do so anyway. The only way to get them to stop, is to threaten legal action, and/or write negative letters to the local papers. And even an SP declare is never a guarantee since they will still call years later by a new staff member, or at minimum, still send you standard promo.

Still think the US Congress should get involved, as they have long since become masters at stalking and harassment.

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:27 pm

4truth, I wonder if the national no-call list would apply to them. The fines are very steep if that is violated. I hadn't thought of it before but that might be a way to stop them.

4sanity

Post by 4sanity » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:37 pm

Good suggestion. Here is the link if anyone is interested: www.donotcall.gov

I currently do not have that problem as no one connected to Scientology has had my home phone for more than five years. But I would be interested to learn if the above is a useful tool since they almost never respond to "do not call" requests.

Although the registry normally applies to unwanted telemarketers, since Scn behaves like telemarketers when calling people who are generally not interested, I hope this works.

free_for_real

Post by free_for_real » Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:38 pm

4Truth, thanks for the link. I'm going to tell everyone I know to get on it and then tell Scientology callers they are breaking the law and then turn them in!!!

leereyno

Post by leereyno » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:08 pm

I don't know if the do not call list would do much good. There are exemptions on it for companies that have a prior business relationship with the people they are calling, and also I believe for non profit organizations. The various clam groups, much to my perpetual dismay, are classified as non-profit organizations. Also if they are calling you because you bought something from them, then that establishes a prior business relationship.

I have no idea if they are still calling my old phone numbers. I used to live with my aunt and uncle and they still get promo from them, which they promptly place in the circular file.

I know that a lot of people get annoyed by the promo, well there is a better way to look at it. That promo costs them money. It costs money to produce and money to mail. Every cent they spend that they don't get a return on is money wasted. So when you get the promo, smile because they just poured money in a hole in the ground getting it to you.

As for the phone calls, I can think of some very amusing ways of handling them, especially if you're able to identify incoming calls from them using caller ID. Just ask the caller if he or she would like to know what the OT III materials say. That should get you taken off any call list they might have. If it was me I'd record the conversations (assuming it was legal to do so in the state I was in) and put them online so everyone can laugh at the assclowns.
Scientologists: Making homeless drug addicts look good since 1952!

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:26 am

From the Sacramento Bee:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/business/ ... y/13717907....

Another downtown landmark has been sold and targeted for remodeling.
But the 76-year-old Ramona building at Sixth and J streets won't become
office condos or upscale housing.

It's becoming a church - the new area center of the Church of
Scientology, known for celebrity members such as Tom Cruise, John
Travolta and Kirstie Alley.

The church just completed acquisition of the Spanish-style, five-story
building, paying $4.75 million - in cash - to an investment group
headed by Harry Gerdes.

The Ramona was one of the city's top hotels in the '30s and '40s before
falling on hard times. It ceased hotel operations in 1979 and was
converted to office and retail uses.

Church spokesman Mike Klagenberg says seismic retrofitting is planned,
along with exterior painting and a complete interior rehab to create a
chapel, classrooms and administrative offices...

Picture and rest of story here:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/business/ ... y/13717907...

no_8c_now

Post by no_8c_now » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:14 am

So now they will have an larger, nicer empty building, sucking more $ out at a faster rate.

I'm ok with that.

Come_to_the_Event

Post by Come_to_the_Event » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:32 am

Looks like they haven't moved into the new building yet, and are still on 15th street. How much work does "seismic retrofitting" entail?
What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes.
-Harry Houdini

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:46 am

leereyno,
As for the phone calls, I can think of some very amusing ways of handling them, especially if you're able to identify incoming calls from them using caller ID. Just ask the caller if he or she would like to know what the OT III materials say. That should get you taken off any call list they might have. If it was me I'd record the conversations (assuming it was legal to do so in the state I was in) and put them online so everyone can laugh at the assclowns.
This should answer anyone's questions regarding the legalities of recording phone conversations…

http://www.pimall.com/nais/n.recordlaw.html

ZenuEtrawl

Post by ZenuEtrawl » Thu May 08, 2008 5:01 am

Ladybird wrote: Church spokesman Mike Klagenberg says seismic retrofitting is planned,
along with exterior painting and a complete interior rehab to create a
chapel, classrooms and administrative offices...

Picture and rest of story here:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/business/ ... y/13717907...
Two and a half years later, and their address is still listed as 15th street. Must be quite a retrofit!

Sponge

Re: Sacramento Org

Post by Sponge » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Sacramento: Cult sells building to state for $2.6milllion and leases it back

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/01/06/330298 ... ealty.html

snippet...
Church and state

The state has just acquired downtown Sacramento's Church of Scientology building, the one-time site of a Packard auto showroom.

The building at the northeast corner of 15th and I streets was purchased for $2.6 million and will eventually become an annex for the Governor's Mansion, which occupies the opposite corner of the same block, at 16th and H.

The church will lease back the building for six months to a year while it completes renovations of the much larger Ramona building at Sixth and J streets that it acquired in 2005.

Cathy Taylor, superintendent for California State Parks' capital district, says bond funding for the purchase was approved years ago, but current budgetary problems will preclude an immediate remodel.

...more in article link...
Other related Discussion....
WWP: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media ... nto-54557/
OCMB Media: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33623

Sponge

Re: Sacramento Org

Post by Sponge » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Sacramento gets an "Ideal Org" today, 28th Jan 2012:

Pre-opening recon pics....
Photos From The Field: Scientology Church Opening
http://www.kcra.com/slideshow/news/30319673/detail.html

Downtown J Street To Close For Scientology Opening
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/01/ ... h-opening/

News VIDEO of set up: http://www.kcra.com/news/30320709/detail.html
It seems to have the same creepy back-lit cross as they used in Hamburg. It's bad enough during the day but at night it looks eerily black and sort of nazi-like.

Post opening news media....
Scientology Holds Ceremony For Big New Church In Downtown Sacramento
A busy downtown street was shut down Saturday as members of the Church of Scientology celebrated the opening of their new church on J Street. Derek Shore reports
CBS Scaramento 29th Jan 2012
VIDEO: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/video/66 ... acramento/

Some newsmedia from Youtube:
KCRA TV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OqFHw6x1PE
KMAX TV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfST3BzLaE4

[Mayor] Kevin Johnson welcomes Scientology leaders to Sacramento
http://ransackedmedia.com/2012/01/29/ke ... acramento/

Cult PR (with my highlights of the local officials and guests present. Some formatting and spacing issues not corrected):
----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Nick Banks <mediarelations@churchofscientology.net>To: sactonewstips@newsreview.com
Sent: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 10:28:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Church of Scientology Inaugurates New Landmark Home in California's CapitalCalifornia’s capital celebrated the grand opening of the new Church of Scientology of Sacramento on Saturday, January 28.

The dedication ceremony was attended by more than 2,500 Scientologists, guests and city, state and national officials.
The Church’s new home, located just blocks from the State Capitol, is one of the city’s mostprominent architectural landmarks. Originally opened in 1930 as the Ramona Hotel anddesigned by California’s first state architect, the building is Sacramento’s finest survivingexample of the Spanish Colonial Revival style. The Church meticulously preserved the building’sstructure and restored its features to their original glory, including the characteristic stucco,ornamental glazed brick and terra cotta tiles, decorative iron accents and the original bladesign. All restoration was planned and executed for minimal environmental impact and maximum sustainability, meeting the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy andEnvironmental Design (LEED) gold certification standards.

The grand opening of the new Church was distinguished by the presence of Mr. David Miscavige, Chairman of the Board Religious Technology Center and ecclesiastical leader of theScientology religion, who officiated at the ceremony.

In signifying the importance of this new Church, Mr. Miscavige said: “The dedication of this new Church signifies a solemn pledge. It’s a pledge to employ the full measure of what lies withinthose walls on behalf of this City. It’s a pledge to make a world of which we can be proud. Aworld without insanity, criminality, illiteracy and immorality; a world where the able can prosper, where honest beings have rights and where all are free to rise to greater heights.That’s our responsibility as Scientologists. And, yes, a responsibility we willingly embrace.”

Also in attendance and commemorating the occasion were Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson;California State Assembly Member Mike Gatto; Greater Sacramento Urban League presidentDavid DeLuz; Interfaith Council of Greater Sacramento president Jon Fish; and International Faith-Based Council president and founder Bishop Ron Allen.

In his salutatory address, Mayor Kevin Johnson welcomed and acknowledged the Church fordemonstrating its commitment to the city: “Sacramento is the most diverse city in the country,and your church and what you guys are doing is diverse. This building here is not just a buildingfor you—it’s a building for the community. It’s a building that will help us revitalize thisdowntown area. The Church of Scientology came to us and said, ‘Look, we want to help. Wewant to take a historic building and preserve it and renovate it and make it a masterpiece forthe downtown area showcase.’ We really wanted to transform Sacramento into the greenestregion in the country and a hub for clean technology and you folks are helping to make that areality. You have done your part.”

California State Assembly Member Mike Gatto commended the work of the Sacramento Churchof Scientology and its Citizens Commission on Human Rights to protect children frompsychotropic drugging: “These kids may never have the chance to find themselves before beingprescribed a drug. They may never know what it means to feel their own pure emotion in theirhearts and their own thoughts in their minds. You can rest assured I will continue to doeverything in my power to see that every legislator and parent hears your voice, and therebygains their own power to act for the sake of all children in California.”

Interfaith Council of Greater Sacramento President Jon Fish recognized the Church’s effective contribution to the community, including its humanitarian program utilizing L. Ron Hubbard’sbook, The Way to Happiness: “I can’t tell you how uplifting it is to know there are people outthere every day—the Scientologists—addressing moral virtues in society, and who really knowwhat they’re doing. For those reasons and so many more, we welcome members of the Churchof Scientology. We know this will always be a home of friendship toward us and others. Thereshall always be an open invitation and an outstretched hand.”

Highlighting the Church’s work in human rights education, Greater Sacramento Urban League president David Deluz said: “You are educating people on their rights and thereby building upthe coming generation who we’ll rely on to protect those rights for everyone, no matter theirrace, color, creed or religion. Here in California’s capital, we come from everywhere… We needto nurture that, which is exactly what you’re doing. Because this is a Church, not just open toeveryone but you freely give to anyone the many tools you have. That’s why this Church is asmuch a gift to Sacramento as to your parishioners.”

Citing the Church’s worldwide Truth About Drugs education program, International Faith-Based Coalition founder and president Bishop Ron Allen said: “I’ve always said ‘so goes California, sogoes the nation.’ Cleaning up the capital and blanketing it with Truth About Drugs materials willcause an effect so great it will ripple out across America. This program is the answer to theglobal epidemic. I want it mandatory for school children across America to go through the Truth About Drugs curriculum.”

<snip>

more here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/79777054/Scie ... e-01-29-12
Release the spores!!!!!!

Here's a dumb newspuffpiece from CBS, with a look inside:
Scientology Offers Open House For New Downtown Sacramento Building
Video: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/01/ ... -building/

And here's some video from inside the crowd at the opening event....

VIDEO: Bishop Ron Allen addresses crowd at Scientology event in Sacramento
Ransacked Media. Posted on February 1, 2012
http://ransackedmedia.com/2012/02/01/vi ... acramento/
YOUTUBE (longer version than on site): http://youtu.be/7QFsJD2II7A
“It’s not about theology, it’s not about ideology, it’s all about humanity. And your curriculum has bridged the gap between all religions. I have brought this material to the Protestants. I have brought it to the Jews and the Buddhist, the Sheiks, the Christians. You name it, and I have never heard nothing. When they see it, they want it right now. They say we needed it yesterday. And it’s obvious why. There is no other curriculum on this globe that compares to this. It’s the best in the world. Everybody knows it, and if they don’t, I will see to it that they do. Now, you do what you do, because you follow the teachings of a great man, L. Ron Hubbard. He was a legend was he was a living, and his legend lives on even more. And with this year being the finality of the centennial celebrations, I would like to acknowledge to all that has inspired with us in this new church today. He once said; “All great cathedrals begin their building with the placement of one single stone. While this is your cathedral, in California’s Capitol, long may it stand into the ages, as we thank God for L. Ron Hubbard, and we thank you for making this Ideal.org come true here today. Thank you, and God bless you.”

-International Faith-Based Coalition founder and president Bishop Ron Allen, at the ceremony for the new Ideal.org building for the Church of Scientology, Sacramento. January 28, 2012.
What a fucking moron.

Return to “California”