OC Org Attendance?

socal_observer

OC Org Attendance?

Post by socal_observer » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:10 am

i drive by the OC org on redhill and irvine blvd almost every day. It seems that no matter what time i drive by, the parking lot is full (40+ cars). Are these all students, or mostly staff?

Just curious,

n

funkmr

Post by funkmr » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:12 am

so,

Does the parking lot border other businesses as well? It isn't in the middle of a mini-mall or something is it?
www.lisamcpherson.org

R.I.P. Lisa, we will never forget you or stop speaking up for you.

Roan

Post by Roan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:49 am

The Org borders another small office park on only one (the "west") side. To it's "north" side is, I believe, residential. It's not in a mini-mall or anything like that, in fact most of the businesses in that immediate area are of the type that don't draw a large amount of cars; i.e. doctors offices, real estate companies, etc.
My involvement in Scientology was brief (about 1 year) and occured in the early eighties and this was the org where most of it took place. Over the years I have had occasion to drive by the place from time to time and the level of cars in the parking lot has remained consistently unimpressive... after all this is the Org for Orange County (a very populous, not poor county in Southern California), so if Scientology were vibrant and growing as they always claim, this org should have had, over the years, many facilities management issues such as parking over-flow, the need to add a second story to their fairly small, one-story complex, etc., etc. Fundamentally, it looks exactly as it did in the early eighties.

When I went there the place was more active in the evening (6-10) when working folks could attend.

Roan

Post by Roan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:06 am

Here is a list of OC orgs: I drive by the Newport Beach one sometimes on my way to work. It's on the second floor, a small storefront/office place; can't say that I could ever see up there to see if it's staffed. It's definitely not booming. It's all glass so I don't suppose they're doing any RPF crews there! :lol:

Church of Scientology of Orange County
1451 Irvine Boulevard
Tustin, CA 92680
Tel: 714-544-5491 or 800-488-4577
Email: orangecounty@scientology.net
Web site: http://www.scientology-orangecounty.org
Church of Scientology Mission of Costa Mesa
771 West 19th St, Suite B
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Tel: 949-548-3810
Email: costamesa@scientology.net

Church of Scientology Mission of Newport Beach
1600 West Coast Highway, Ste F
Newport Beach, CA 92663
949-645-3129
Email: newportbeach@scientology.net

Church of Scientology Mission of Laguna Beach
2949 Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
USA
866-495-4132
Email: lagunabeach@scientology.net
Web site: http://www.smi.org

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:58 am

Roan, have you ever gone by the place on 19th St in Costa Mesa? I know the area very well, and it's pretty dicey in parts. I wonder if there is also a Narconon facility in the neighborhood (I know there are several "halfway houses" in the neighborhood.) Also, the people in Newport who live near the Narconon there have complained that buses bring people from Huntington Beach and Costa Mesa for some sort of day treatment. It would be interesting to know if they are brought back to Costa Mesa, and reside near the Scn building on 19th St.

Roan

Post by Roan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:36 am

glib,
:)
No I havn't and I'm curious as to exactly where it is (what building). I'm very familiar with the area too, I used to live on W. Wilson near there. Though perhaps things have changed, as I have not lived in that area for about 10 years or so. I know there are many (12 step) recovery homes in that area and N.B. that for the most part are very good neighbors... it's too bad Narconon has to be around and sort of muck it up for others.

I wonder too.

West-Side Costa Mesa (19th St.) doesn't seem your typical Scientology target neighborhood; it's really gone downhill in the last 10 or 15 years.

BTW, I live in Tustin now. Every now and then I come across a harried Scientologist working on a computer in the Kinkos there... I can spot them from a mile away! When she spoke to an employee I recognized the jargon. :roll:

frontlinewarrior

Orange county answers

Post by frontlinewarrior » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:27 pm

Ok. I live in Tustin. have all my life. Quick intro. Girlfriend of 4 years member for 12 years. Her Ex husband is the E.D. O.C. org. Tustin. His kids live with us. I declair it's all BS. Now im S.P. I start by getting refund for purifacation. In 48 hours. Ill tell you how. Girl friend leaving me. Losing home, love, every thing. Ben suporting E.D.s kids for 4 years. He gives nothing. I need help. E-mail me if you can help me find room to stay in. I work have some money. Need friends.

Ok. O.C. org. is moving. plans to buy new building. curently fundraising. They dont need more room as they say. place is near empty all the time. The cars are for looks. People leave them there. They want to buy the Santa Ana preforming arts center.

So much to say so little time. More later :wink:

Roan

Re: Orange county answers

Post by Roan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:25 am

frontlinewarrior wrote:Her Ex husband is the E.D. O.C. org. Tustin. His kids live with us. ... Need friends.
FrontlineWarrior,

I'm assuming his kids are her kids too?
Look, Scientology is capable of anything... I think you are right to be angry and un-afraid of them BUT, be careful and methodical (think it through) about how you post info about them. At this point to them, you're not anonymous on this board.

If you are a homeowner you should fight with every legal means for your house, don't give up. Most judges do not like the CO$. If you are a renter, pack your bags, take all your belongings and leave. Just call it a loss and move on.

Don't get me wrong, I support aggressive info disclosure, payback and even legal punitive strategies against Stupidology. I just want you to be protected and empowered.

I live in the area. If you want to meet for coffee sometime, drop me a PM and we'll see if we can arrange something.

But most of all: Welcome to Clambake... they are clams... and they need to be baked. Keep coming back.

irbcsz4986

Post by irbcsz4986 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:31 pm

in the 80's there was an Anaheim mission.
I started there: strange thing when I showed up and there were 4 or 5 staff with their big staring eyes and only me and another person to take a class.

moved to the Tustin to take another class, but wen I visited anaheim a year later, there were still only 1 or 2 people taking the communciation class. Eventually anaheim closed.

Roan

Post by Roan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:38 am

I bicycled past the Tustin Org last weekend. It has No Trespassing signs posted on many of the outdoor walls. The building is like a medium sized medical park office building (one story).
The signs say one must check in with the receptionist. :roll:
So that you can get reg.ed to death! :lol:
Last edited by Roan on Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

duhast

Post by duhast » Fri May 05, 2006 4:23 am

Wow...lots of locals. I'm near SoCoastPlaza. New to this whole CoS weirdness....
I'm worth a million in prizes.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Fri May 05, 2006 6:04 am

I think we OCers should find out more about the building in Santa Ana that COS bought and picket the place. It just breaks my heart that they got their mitts on a cool old historical building in the middle of Santa Ana. I'll bet the locals aren't happy (if they know).

Here's the story:
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/ne ... 099815.php

It would be nice if we could find a significant day (opening?) and go picket. I'm not positive that the deal is 100% sealed, but it sounds like it, unfortunately. Such a bummer.

Roan

Post by Roan » Fri May 05, 2006 6:23 am

I agree. I'd be up for it. 8)

That building was supposed to be donated to/owned by/used by the OC High School For The Arts as their main Theatre and spaces. They couldn't come up with the money or Harrah changed his mind about donating use of the space to OCHSA, who I belive are staying in their current facility... it would suck for them to have a $cientology Org right across the street.

$cientology is expanding on false or no data. There just are not the numbers of Orange County $cientologists to warrant moving into a building of that size. The money would be coming from Miscavige and his accounts and there is no way there is enough pre-clears to break even in a building like that.

$cientology will implode financially (like the old Soviet Union) in the not too distant future.
“The failure to condemn an activity is indeed, an offer of tacit approval.
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke

marlysfan

Post by marlysfan » Fri May 05, 2006 2:13 pm

Does the parking lot border other businesses as well?
The Kansas City org shares a parking lot with H&R Block.

irbcsz4986

Post by irbcsz4986 » Sun May 07, 2006 11:06 am

[quote="I'mglib"]I think we OCers should find out more about the building in Santa Ana that COS bought and picket the place. It just breaks my heart that they got their mitts on a cool old historical building in the middle of Santa Ana. ..[quote]

That is a bummer. It's near the artist's village where lots of young 'artsy' people hang out. In summer weekends the artist village gets a lot of foot traffic - perfect for those creepy sciento's to do some recruiting. I should try to get some flyers out so those attending such events will have some "innoculation" against the cult.

Return to “California”