Celebrity Center International

Twin A

Celebrity Center International

Post by Twin A » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:55 pm

I recently heard that there is a Casting Director offering career type seminars at Celebrity Center for young actors and actresses. This Casting Director offers their seminars at Celebrity Center International, then they try to sell them Scientology courses afterwards.

One publicist found out about this and threatened to get legal if the Celebrity Center staff didn't stop calling their client, who is a minor, to come back to Celebrity Center (CC INT was calling three times a day) The response from the CC Int staff member was that the minor could make their own decisions and that CC Int had lawyers too!

So look out, the staff at Celebrity Center International think it's perfectly OK and legal to reg minors, without their parents present, and they have a Casting Director FSMing for them, so they can gain access to young actors and actresses who are vulnerable for any help they can get to get their careers to take off.

I'm going to try and find out this Casting Directors name and see if I can get something in the press about his deceitful recruitment tactics, ie. advertising for a career type seminar, when in actual fact, recruiting for the Cof S.

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Yeah it is on the calendar that they send out in their fake celebrity magazine.

Bea Kiddo

Post by Bea Kiddo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:11 pm

It's amazing how ignorant of the law Sea Org members are. I was the same when I was in the SO.

It was a major reality adjustment for me to discover some habits I had were totally unacceptable in the real world!!!
My story in a nutshell: Born into Scn, raised in the SO. Trained to Class VI (SHSBC) Golden Age of Tech, OT V, Supervisor. Sea Org for 17 years. SP declared.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:24 am

It's a 14 seminar series involving a variety of speakers. It's $71.99 for the series of seminars. The price makes the service appear valuable and keeps the purchaser returning.

http://www.scientology.cc/articles/709011041381.vm
“Think wrongly if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.”
Doris Lessing

Twin A

Post by Twin A » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:32 am

This looks like it came out of "Celebrity" magazine. So... how would a non Scientologist get this and respond to it? I was under the impression that the advertisment responded to was not from a Scientology publication, but a regular advertisment somewhere. Unless this is being passed out seperately, in a flyer, rather than out of the CC mag?

If the advertisement is in a Scientology publication, then it's kind of a mute point that their is a bait and switch going on. I mean if I read an advertisement in a Jehovah's Witness magazine, I would assume it had to do with Jehovah's Witnesss, I would not walk into the seminar and then be surprised when the Jehovah's Witness people tried to recruit me.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:40 am

That link is to a page on the celebrity centre web site.

I think the seminars are very likely a means of getting people who are not scientologists into the celebrity centre. They may or may not advertise the service, but you can be very sure that the people in scientology who are not on staff are highly encouraged to get their "friends" in for those seminars.

There may well be ads for those seminars in Variety or other Los Angeles local papers.
Doris Lessing

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:29 am

I am ex-Celebrity Centre International staff.

The seminars are held in the pavillion which has a stage. The purpose of the seminars are to snag up-and-coming celebrities or those who may become celebs in the future, and to turn them into Scientologists.

The seminars are held BY CC Int and so they feel they have the right to the ownership of the names -- NNCF (New Names to Central Files) is a stat.

Just like any other name Scientology gets ahold of, they will continue to promote to that person until the end of time. Especially when Scientology smells "potential future income", they won't ever stop calling the person. In such a case, the only remedy is to get an attorney involved to stop the harassment.

CC Int has been doing these seminars for at least the last 15 years that I know of. The seminars are listed in their "calendar" which is published as an insert in each Celebrity magazine. You can also get a calendar by dropping by CC Int and asking for one.
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

Wieber

Post by Wieber » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:30 am

I have a couple of questions, Sea Horse, for you or anyone else who may have the answers.

Does the content of the seminars change much over time or is it all fixed as a "successful action?"

Can you give us the generalized gist of what each seminar is about?

The reason I ask is that I think this activity could use a flier made up for distribution at any action that takes place anywhere in Los Angeles.

I would include the warning that if anyone buys anything from scientology and gives their name and contact information scientology will forever send junk mail and harrass you from then on and if you move they will find your new address.
Doris Lessing

Sea Horse

Post by Sea Horse » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:12 am

Wieber wrote:I have a couple of questions, Sea Horse, for you or anyone else who may have the answers.
Does the content of the seminars change much over time or is it all fixed as a "successful action?"
Can you give us the generalized gist of what each seminar is about?
The reason I ask is that I think this activity could use a flier made up for distribution at any action that takes place anywhere in Los Angeles.
I would include the warning that if anyone buys anything from scientology and gives their name and contact information scientology will forever send junk mail and harrass you from then on and if you move they will find your new address.
I have no idea of the content of the seminars because Sea Ogres are not allowed to attend (unless you're part of putting on the event).

I might suggest advertising a similar activity online and alert people to the fact that the Celebrity Centre is using the seminars to recruit people into scientology.

(Hell, CC Int even still sends ME info and I'm ex-SO AND declared SP!)
We are the architects of our own lives. Design and build the life you want.

brownjedi

Post by brownjedi » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:46 pm

They have many of these offered there....how to get into commercials, how to write a screenplay, learn how to be a child actor kinds of things. The calendar does come out in Celebrity magazine, which should be forwarded to any celebutard covering rag out there just so people can read how dumb some of these "famous" actors are.

Return to “California”