Any idea why the old Hollywood building has been closed up?

Stan Shmenge

Any idea why the old Hollywood building has been closed up?

Post by Stan Shmenge » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:41 pm

The one with the vertical green sign. They remodeled the first floor a couple years ago, and it was pretty cool, then immediately closed the whole thing down and covered the windows. The only activity there now is the annual L. Ron Hubbard "Winter Wonderland". As a recruitment location, it is perhaps the best property they own, with all the tourist traffic. I can't understand why they don't make it a showcase.

For the most able people on the planet, they sure don't seem to know what they are doing.

As a side note, does anyone know the purpose of the "Winter Wonderland"? They don't seem to recruit there, is it just PR?

Smurf

Re: Any idea why the old Hollywood building has been closed

Post by Smurf » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:22 am

Stan Shmenge wrote:The one with the vertical green sign. They remodeled the first floor a couple years ago, and it was pretty cool, then immediately closed the whole thing down and covered the windows. The only activity there now is the annual L. Ron Hubbard "Winter Wonderland". As a recruitment location, it is perhaps the best property they own, with all the tourist traffic. I can't understand why they don't make it a showcase.

As a side note, does anyone know the purpose of the "Winter Wonderland"? They don't seem to recruit there, is it just PR?
As I recall, the cult spent $100,000+ remodeling the old testing center - the new one was quite fancy with imported marble and wood - only to be ordered by the City of Los Angeles to tear it down. The cult failed to acquire the necessary permits & approval from the city to build the center beforehand. All that $$$ down the toilet. The building is also the former pig's berthing for hundreds of Sea Org staff working at the HGB & PAC before the city ruled it to be inhabitable.

The cult recruits via the 'Winter Wonderland' every year. Most of the new recruits, it seems, have been from the Hispanic community.

Stan Shmenge

Re: Any idea why the old Hollywood building has been closed

Post by Stan Shmenge » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:54 am

You must be kidding. The "Most Able People on the Planet" forgot to get a building permit?!? :roll: Yeah, it was a really nice test center, and right on the most highly trafficked area of the boulevard. I wonder how many people Miscavage beat the crap out of over that one! Still, with all their money, you'd think they could get the permits and start over. The building looks totally unoccupied to me.

I have never seen the wonderland staffed. Usually there are just people taking each other's pictures in front of it, and going on their way. Never saw recruiting activity there. It is kind of nice, actually. It is one thing they do a good job with. I notice they don't mention "the man on the cross". :lol:

Return to “California”