One opened, more to come!
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Has this WWW Board been valuable to you?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 8:11 am 
Andreas

Great site, very helpful, exactly right on. It is the proper use of the Net, and a fine example of world citizenship in the face of tyranny. It is in the best tradition of Norwegians!

Regarding the slowdown yesterday, is the multiple posting of messages also a symptom of network troubles (I think the servers retry and eventually all the backlog arrives)?

June 15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 5:10 pm 
Andreas

As a newcomer to the site I am finding a ton of valuable information. Thank you for taking the time out of your life to create this site. I have found people to be very helpful and informative.

One question though, how does this differ from the usenet group that I see at alt.relegion.?
Are they the same?

Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 8:57 pm 
Andreas,

I have really enjoyed your site. I'm a new ex scientologist and I found your web page very informative. Thank you for being here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2000 11:02 pm 
Site Admin

To Pat,

Alt.* newsgroup is part of USENET, which (put simply) is a dedicated "network" for posting text grouped by subjects, like WWW is a "network" for distributing/accessing web pages. USENET is the "original" way to post news in such a way, but there has been many attempts to create a USENET-like facility on WWW to make it more accessable to the common Internet user. This WWW Board is an example of that. While you generally need a dedicated program to access USENET, all you need to access this board is an ordinary browser. It's far more integrated with the web page. But special services has been set up to access USENET with a browser, like http://www.deja.com/usenet

USENET is one big "network" hosting tens of thousands of groups covering most subjects you can think of, while this WWW board is locally on this site and in no way connected to USENET. And it is not meant as a competitor, just as an alternative for those who don't have easy access to USENET or for other reasons don't use it. This board is, because there are less users, more intimate and some prefere that or use it as an addition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2001 5:49 pm 
Andreas, I was just at Virginia Postrel's site, www.dynamist.com, and I noticed she's implemented the Amazon.com "honor system" to help fund her site. The message says, "if this site is of value to you..."

(sigh) I know, you don't take donations or anything. But I contributed a dollar to her site (the default amount), since I appreciate her writing and maintaining it, and it wouldn't be the least trouble to me to do the same to help keep your "cost per click" down.

But (sigh) I know, you don't take donations or anything. Guess I'll get it through my thick skull eventually. LOL....

peace... speedwell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2001 6:39 pm 
I'll tell you how strict Andreas is about taking money.

I promised to pay for his ticket if he decided (against my better judgement) to see "BE" if he'd post a review.

He did both (I *still* can't believe anyone would watch that movie, heh) and politely, yet firmly, refused my money. It was only a few bucks and had nothing to do with Operation Clambake per se, but he has his principles and sticks by them.

I totally respect this man. He's really something else.

Steve G.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2001 6:12 pm 

Very useful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:33 am 

I love this site! I've been a critic of the Cult for sometime and coming here just makes me feel like a little kid stepping into a real-life Willy Wonka's chocolate factory!

I promise that I'll be fighting Scientology in every major and small way that I can till the day I pass away. I hope that I can motivate others in adopting my die-hard attitude to fight the sonsuvbitches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:27 pm 
I think this website is about as stupid as they come. Talk about paranoia!! Holy SHIT you people are freaky! I think you should all just back away from the cocaine and open your eyes to the real world for a minute. First of all, you are talking about light trance hypnosis causing people not to make up their own minds? Come now, don't you people STUDY this shit before you write it? Buy a book, preferably a textbook, about psychology. LEARN about the mind before you start uttering this BS out for the world to see. Morons, you are all morons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 4:53 am 

At least, we're POLITE morons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:34 am 

QUOTE START
Indirect trance induction also grows out of storytelling and other verbal experiences. Cult leaders often speak repetitively, rhythmically, in hard-to-follow ways, and combine with these features the telling of tales and parables that are highly visualizable. They use words to create mental imagry, commonly called guided imagery.
In these guided-imagery exercises, the listener is urged to picture the story being told. The speaker may say, "Stop reflecting. Just go with the picture." Those who do stop reflecting on their nearby circumstances and go with the picture suddenly feel absorbed, relaxed, and very focused. And guided-imagery stories lead many people to experience altered states of conscoiusness.
Quote END

This was from CULTS IN OUR MIDS, by psycologist Margaret T Singer.

The altered state of consciousness that she describes, would/could be light hypnotic trance.

And what is the purpose from the cult leader to do this?
"Stop reflecting. Go with the picture."
Wouldn`t it be to control the thought process of the lisener?
So the lisener would think what the cult leader wants him to think, and stop making up his own mind.
And it is done with a light trance, the guy sits there with his eyes open and are very focused on what the cult leader has to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 9:26 am 

Try explaining that "light trance shit" to Lisa McPherson or that woman who died of a gunshot to the temple while on an "African love boat cruise" with Hubbard. Ooops- too late to explain it to them cause Scientology already murdered them. You must be a very-low ranking Scientologist to pass it off as something so completely fluffy.

Okay, SOME of use are polite morons. If you plan on acting rude then we'll act rude right back.

I dunno bout everybody else here but I do sound like I'm on cocaine because I've been such a die-hard critic and coming here makes me feel like I've just stepped into Valhalla. I think that the euphoria should wear off in a couple years or maybe decades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:48 am 
This site has helped me spread the message! Any tips on how to avoid the wrath of the Co$ now that I'm getting myself into mischief?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:37 am 
Hello Anon,

You can get a nickname and still be anonymous. Choose a nickname and type it in the Username box. Just don't type in an email address or password. And don't click the "Post as 'Anonymous'" box. You're just as anon with a nick and easier to "talk to" on this MB.

Don't give out any personal information, e.g. your email address, where you live, your job, your employer; your exact location, and so on.

I'm sure others can help here with more tips.

Yes, this is a great place to get ideas to spread the news.

All best,
BG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:02 pm 

Some of the threads have messages SO wide that they can't be read without scrolling from side to side for every line. Is there a way to fix this?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next