Assistance with new page on Google & censorship

Any feedback you might have or help you need regarding OCMB. This is also the place to debate the board, moderating, the FAQ, etc.
admin
Site Admin

Assistance with new page on Google & censorship

Post by admin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:56 am

I'm working on a new page on xenu.net, but the language needs som help. This is the first version:

http://www.xenu.net/google_censoring.html

Anybody want to help? Also, something missing?
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
[b]- Life is not a test.[/b]

Don Carlo

Re: Assistance with new page on Google & censorship

Post by Don Carlo » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:28 pm

Your English is excellent, Andreas. I suggest:
"uncertainty to" – better phrase is “uncertain as to”
"Since the Internet was new nobody" – insert a comma after “new”
"provider many of them" - insert a comma after “provider”
The Church of Scientology (CoS) were – in American English, this would be “The Church of Scientology (CoS) was”

Comment: In the US, an organization or country is considered to be singular. This goes back to the American Civil War. Before that War, the phrase was “The United States are.” After the War, it deliberately became, “The United States is.” Since Scientology struggles and CoS-affected population are greater in the US, probably it should be written in American English. If the writing is aimed at Britain and Europe, use British English.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks! :D
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
[b]- Life is not a test.[/b]

Scientology

Post by Scientology » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Nice done!

As time goes by, the pages seems to get outdated as i see them.... right or wrong?

Xenu.net is not to be found when searching on lumendatabase. However having the link to the complain it is visible: https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/368

Many of the links are just leading to starting page and not giving the info.

Today's complaints is just on the forum
https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/s ... e-all=true Rich Scientologists that tries to hide their crimes.
On the main page Nothing.
For many reasons and historical purposes it would be nice with an update, to see what they wanted, got and so on... since the links in the page no longer give that information. How this issue was enfolding is a part of the internet history ....

I can see no censured pages today, are there any?

Books like Scientology in popular culture influences and struggles for legitimacy
are filled with mentions and links to xenu.net so i guess that many would appreciate an update...

I personally does not find it necessarily to link to the one trying to strangulate xenu.net and then wearing the blood donning t-shirt saying that you are a thief. I find no need in feeding their complex of hate site's and so on. This pages have never got any links at all from that complex, they rather try to erase every link ... I rather think that Xenu.net should be on top of the search Scientology simply because of it's old density and ability to renew the sight-seing of Scientology & Scientologist from several sides and layers.

Return to “Feedback & Help”