Is the new board any good?

Any feedback you might have or help you need regarding OCMB. This is also the place to debate the board, moderating, the FAQ, etc.

Is the new OCMB any good?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:44 am

Yes, I'm now at cause over MEST!
61%
Not as good as sliced bread, but it will do.
22%
An upgrade is welcomed, but the design is awful.
No votes
I'll take the new design but the old board back, thanks.
13%
New what?
No votes
No, I feel the BT's are clustering here.
No votes
Don't understand question, must have a MU.
No votes
I have no opinion on the subject.
4%

Total votes: 23

hboats

Post by hboats » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:43 pm

Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
[Poll] Is the new board any good? admin 14 227 Today, at 12:18
neil c

Actually if you look all the way to the right in each thread on the main page there is a "last post" column. There is a little arrow that points to a box, if you click on that box it takes you to the last post in that thread.

Rick (hboats)

umike

Post by umike » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:38 pm

Thanks for the hard work.

IMO The problem created by not having that feature is bigger than I thought.
The thread that Andreas started "Last Day Feature" I have been looking for-for 15 minutes now-I can't find it. I gave up. So Im posting here.
I'm a pretty good barometer: short attention span-lousy grasp of technology.

Honesty: I have left the board probably 5 times in the last few days
due to frustration. I hope last day feature solves the issue.

UMIKE "My opinion on Religion...
TIGGER: "If All Scientologists...
DON CARLO: "In september the CoS..

Above is an example of "Last day" as it was.
The tag lines were previews which were very helpful on first glance.

If the thread title is "E-Meters" dont repeat the title but ONE time only.
It's unnecessary and distracting.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:06 pm

4 times now I have clicked "submit" on a post, and it is lost.

I am getting discouraged :cry:

Do I have to write in word and cut and paste?

Should I hit preview first?

Do I have to fill out the top "subject" and "subject description"? And if so, please can I refer to the thread above which I am replying to as I used to be able to see but cannot see now?

Many things I like about the new board, but it is not as user friendly to me.

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:23 pm

Now what??? I clicked "X" to erase one duplicate post, and both disappeared.

I am old, and cannot think with this new technology, not to mention I was in the Sea org and denied access for all these years....and further not to mention I have tried to post a really good story 4 times and it keeps disappearing too.

It just can't be this hard!!!

What am I doing wrong?

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:43 pm

Now what??? I clicked "X" to erase one duplicate post, and both disappeared.

I am old, and cannot think with this new technology, not to mention I was in the Sea org and denied access for all these years....and further not to mention I have tried to post a really good story 4 times and it keeps disappearing too.

It just can't be this hard!!!

What am I doing wrong?

Halcyon Daze

Post by Halcyon Daze » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:39 pm

Were the 4 posts long? About how long did you spend typing them? I wonder if it's a timeout issue...

HD
Last edited by Halcyon Daze on Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

merlin

No, Woman, No Cry...

Post by merlin » Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:41 pm

Ladybird wrote:4 times now I have clicked "submit" on a post, and it is lost.

I am getting discouraged :cry:

Do I have to write in word and cut and paste?
- You don't have to do that, but it's not a bad idea. I lost many a brilliantly-composed opus to the demons who possessed the old board. Of course, "they" could have been angels, reminding me that I should think twice before posting such arrant nonsense... :wink:
Should I hit preview first?
- Not a requirement, but then not a bad idea, either.
Do I have to fill out the top "subject" and "subject description"? And if so, please can I refer to the thread above which I am replying to as I used to be able to see but cannot see now?
- No, you don't have to, but that is the place to refer to what you're replying to.
Many things I like about the new board, but it is not as user friendly to me.
- There IS a learning curve to this "Bridge", but it doesn't cost your life, your fortune, your sacred honour or your immortal thetan. Don't Worry - Be Happy, mon! :afro:

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:47 pm

Merlin, you are lucky I am in a banana republic and already having an Appleton's and pineapple.

NO! I did not time out and NO! I did not exceed any word count! I was, as you may remember, a fairly prolific poster, and I have managed to get a few posts through on this new board. I only mean to share my experiences here to help work out whatever bugs may need work outs.

I can post what I meant to post again...and maybe as you so poignantly pointed out, I can tell it better the second (or 3rd, 4th, or 5th) time. I am in the habit of vetting most of my writings, but I do prefer to consult the original whether my own or that to which I am replying.

So, here is where I go off the rails. I wish to reply to someone on an old thread. For example, Creed Pearson and Disconnection. I pull up the old thread from the archives, and reply to it. It disappears. I do not know if it disappeared because I replied on page 1 of that thread, or should I have replied to the end of that thread, which I would rather not do because the last 10 or 20 posts were irrelevant.

Tell me...why is there a reply to this post at the end of each page if replies are not accepted there?

Actually, I wish that one could reply to an individuals post and cut out the obvious OSA crap of burying an important true post under 10s of baloney posts. I know you know what I mean.

I have a story I want to tell, and it is very relevant to Creed, Disconnection, breaking up families, forced abortions, RPF, SP declares, etc.

I will wait for the bugs to get out of the system, because I have noticed that even the hottest story gets a weeks attention. That is why I prefer to pull up other stories that have disappeared into the archives.

Creed Pearsons story, Greg Bashaws story, Kates story, Katherines story, Lisa McPhersons story, and so many others deserve to be read by the hundreds of people who visit this site everyday.

So, thats my 2 cents....

Love, Ladybird (Tammy)

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:06 pm

Merlin, you are lucky I am in a banana republic and already having an Appleton's and pineapple.

NO! I did not time out and NO! I did not exceed any word count! I was, as you may remember, a fairly prolific poster, and I have managed to get a few posts through on this new board. I only mean to share my experiences here to help work out whatever bugs may need work outs.

I can post what I meant to post again...and maybe as you so poignantly pointed out, I can tell it better the second (or 3rd, 4th, or 5th) time. I am in the habit of vetting most of my writings, but I do prefer to consult the original whether my own or that to which I am replying.

So, here is where I go off the rails. I wish to reply to someone on an old thread. For example, Creed Pearson and Disconnection. I pull up the old thread from the archives, and reply to it. It disappears. I do not know if it disappeared because I replied on page 1 of that thread, or should I have replied to the end of that thread, which I would rather not do because the last 10 or 20 posts were irrelevant.

Tell me...why is there a reply to this post at the end of each page if replies are not accepted there?

Actually, I wish that one could reply to an individuals post and cut out the obvious OSA crap of burying an important true post under 10s of baloney posts. I know you know what I mean.

I have a story I want to tell, and it is very relevant to Creed, Disconnection, breaking up families, forced abortions, RPF, SP declares, etc.

I will wait for the bugs to get out of the system, because I have noticed that even the hottest story gets a weeks attention. That is why I prefer to pull up other stories that have disappeared into the archives.

Creed Pearsons story, Greg Bashaws story, Kates story, Katherines story, Lisa McPhersons story, and so many others deserve to be read by the hundreds of people who visit this site everyday.

So, thats my 2 cents....

Love, Ladybird (Tammy)

frode

Quoting and replying

Post by frode » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:13 pm

Ladybird,
Please do continue to post your experience with the board. We do want it to work well for you and hence we need to hear your feedback. Allso, if we are not responding quickly, it does not mean we do not read it, just that we have no god response yet.
Ladybird wrote: So, here is where I go off the rails. I wish to reply to someone on an old thread. For example, Creed Pearson and Disconnection. I pull up the old thread from the archives, and reply to it. It disappears. I do not know if it disappeared because I replied on page 1 of that thread, or should I have replied to the end of that thread, which I would rather not do because the last 10 or 20 posts were irrelevant.

All replies in a thread goes to the end, not bellow the post one has replied to. I am sure there are different opinions on this - but the number one reason for having it work this way is to try and have the topic staying on one track - and not branching out in several discusions.

A suggestion on commenting on a particular post earlier in the thread would be to use "quotes". Even if the post is added to the end of a thread, everyone can se what you are replying to. Every post should have a button to the right that says "Quote" - this automaticly adds this posts text as a quote in the reply you create.

The quote text looks just like the way I have quoted you above.
Frode

D-Rad

Post by D-Rad » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:27 am

Ladybird wrote:...I have tried to post a really good story 4 times and it keeps disappearing too...
Ladybird,

Part of the problem that you are having could be that your computer is refreshing the screen too soon. You should be able to go into control panel and adjust the time between refresh' so that when you type a long post it won't refresh in the middle and dump what you have already typed. The other solution WOULD be to type everything into a Word Doc and then cut and paste it in the message body.

D
"Please let me point out to any new people that
one of the Targets of OSA is to:

1) DISTRACT anyone OFF of the topic of
Scientology onto ~anything~ else at all. "
- Magoo

Freedom from religion: www.deism.com

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:09 pm

I miss the Last Day feature.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:20 pm

Hubbard's Mushroom wrote:I miss the Last Day feature.
Check out this topic.
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
[b]- Life is not a test.[/b]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:33 pm

Are you still experiencing problems? I've tested with different browsers and all seem to work perfect. Please test some more and let me know in detail what you do and what happens.
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
[b]- Life is not a test.[/b]

frode

Post by frode » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:02 am

admin wrote:
Are you still experiencing problems? I've tested with different browsers and all seem to work perfect. Please test some more and let me know in detail what you do and what happens.
Re: viewtopic.php?p=125226#125226
I'm pretty sure I have found it. The setting is in ACP under Configuration, and cookie settings. Have increased it from 1 hour.
Frode

Return to “Feedback & Help”