Is the new board any good?

Any feedback you might have or help you need regarding OCMB. This is also the place to debate the board, moderating, the FAQ, etc.

Is the new OCMB any good?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:44 am

Yes, I'm now at cause over MEST!
61%
Not as good as sliced bread, but it will do.
22%
An upgrade is welcomed, but the design is awful.
No votes
I'll take the new design but the old board back, thanks.
13%
New what?
No votes
No, I feel the BT's are clustering here.
No votes
Don't understand question, must have a MU.
No votes
I have no opinion on the subject.
4%

Total votes: 23

Galileo

Stuff

Post by Galileo » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:23 pm

1 - On the Last Day list I would like to see which page of a thread that each post is located on.

2 - I still don't know what all the icons mean. Is there a list to describe what each icon means?

3 - Are there plans to incorporate a spell checker?

4 - I would like to see the link to Last Day at the top of every page, particularly on the page of the thread that loads after I post a new reply. Otherwise I have to use my Back button several times to get back to Last Day, and that won't be a refreshed version of the Last Day list.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Stuff

Post by admin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:05 pm

galileo wrote:1 - On the Last Day list I would like to see which page of a thread that each post is located on.
Can you explain the value in it for you? Just want to understand.
galileo wrote:2 - I still don't know what all the icons mean. Is there a list to describe what each icon means?
At the bottom left of every topic page, e.g. index.php?f=13
galileo wrote:3 - Are there plans to incorporate a spell checker?
It's on the list of requested features, but we try to limit number of changes to the standard application. We'll look into the options.
galileo wrote:4 - I would like to see the link to Last Day at the top of every page, particularly on the page of the thread that loads after I post a new reply. Otherwise I have to use my Back button several times to get back to Last Day, and that won't be a refreshed version of the Last Day list.
That should be feasable. I'll look at it.
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
[b]- Life is not a test.[/b]

nec_v20

Last day feature

Post by nec_v20 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:44 pm

There is a "last day" feature.

Up on the top right hand of the screen in blue, just above "Board announces".

On the main page

admin
Site Admin

Re: Stuff

Post by admin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:04 pm

admin wrote:
galileo wrote:4 - I would like to see the link to Last Day at the top of every page, particularly on the page of the thread that loads after I post a new reply. Otherwise I have to use my Back button several times to get back to Last Day, and that won't be a refreshed version of the Last Day list.
That should be feasable. I'll look at it.
Now done. I will remove the first link I made when I get time to amend the How To diagram. Also need to add this link to the Norconon and Int. Picket Central forums.
Andreas @ www.xenu.net

admin
Site Admin

Re: Last day feature

Post by admin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:08 pm

nec_v20 wrote:There is a "last day" feature.
That's sort of what we've been working on the last days... :computer: :chef:
Andreas @ www.xenu.net

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:49 pm

Well.....15 seconds ago on my screen......'LAST DAY' was at the top on white background, black letters right under the G E on Message Board.

At the moment, it has a workable URL Operation Clambake Message Board :: Last Day
lastday.php and was successfuly saved in my favorities. However....tomorrow is another day and who knows what the dawn will bring?

"Not I", says Chicken Little Tigger

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:57 pm

tigger wrote:Well.....15 seconds ago on my screen......'LAST DAY' was at the top on white background, black letters right under the G E on Message Board.

At the moment, it has a workable URL Operation Clambake Message Board :: Last Day
lastday.php and was successfuly saved in my favorities. However....tomorrow is another day and who knows what the dawn will bring?
The first link you got was posted and annoumced as a beta version 1. Hence also the name of the link with "beta 1" in it. It was supposed to not last after the testing was over.

We had a round here on the board for you guys to add requests and test the feature. Sunday Frode and I implemented your requests and released the final version 1. It was no longer a beta version for testing, but a released feature. Hence a new and proper permanent name for it.
Andreas @ www.xenu.net

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:53 am

The "Last Day" feature is still here. Just look for it at the top and click on it.

As far as loosing posts, if I am going to make a long post I usually use notepad to compose it and then copy and paste the contents, when I am done, into the post box. Then post it. So far, I have had no problems.

Hubbard's Mushroom

Post by Hubbard's Mushroom » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:52 pm

Thanks for the Last Day feature!

Galileo

Post by Galileo » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:09 pm

1 - On the Last Day list I would like to see which page of a thread that each post is located on.

Can you explain the value in it for you? Just want to understand.
I figured out why. On the old OCMB I used to click on the last post of each thread (and scroll up a bit to catch the posts I missed) , but if I do that here I often only get the last few posts or even the last post on a page by itself. I will have to change my clicking habits I suppose.

Overall this board seems to be faster and more user-friendly.

Thanks Andreas! :D

Galileo

Post by Galileo » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:26 pm

To further explain my request about Last Day (#4), the old OCMB used frames, and the various links to Last Day, Last Week, Search and other content were always visible in the left frame. Without frames the link to Last Day should also IMO always be visible, so that you can at any time pull up a refreshed version of Last Day.

To me it isn't enough to have the Last Day link appear only on the main page. I want to be able to click it on any page on the forum, particularly just after I have posted a reply and the current thread reloads with my new post.

This is what Andreas has done by putting Last Day at the top with the other permanently recurring links, which is exactly what I had in mind.

Cool! 8)

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:54 am

How about a "Last Day" link in "Narconon Exposted"?

Also in some places could you put a space and a line between subjects....they all run together and the Icon is down a line or two in each subject.

Thanks,

The However Tigger

ambassador_yak

Post by ambassador_yak » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:50 pm

I think it needs a special place for chickens. Every once in a while my chickens have something to say.

Yak
Klingon Ambassador
Himalayan Ox

programmer_guy

Post by programmer_guy » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:59 am

Andreas,

Why is it that on some pages here it says "GMT" and others it says "GMT+1". Which is it?

Best regards
Larry

umike

Post by umike » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:39 pm

Larry, I believe that means "Greater Mountain Time" Plus 1 hour to calculate the time.

If the actual Mountain Time Zone is 2:43 pm-then you simply add 1 hour which would make it 3:43 pm.
Then you just convert to PST in your case. I'm pretty sure anyway.

Return to “Feedback & Help”