Member list.

Any feedback you might have or help you need regarding OCMB. This is also the place to debate the board, moderating, the FAQ, etc.
Gumbythetruth

Member list.

Post by Gumbythetruth » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:30 pm

How can it be brought up to date?

memberlist.php

The following 2 posters/members appear to be spambots

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=79713

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=79720

Several past "banned" members are still on the "members list". Admin says they are still banned. Would it be difficult to sift through the members list and remove known banned/spambot etc members? Is there a way I can help?

Don Carlo

Re: Member list.

Post by Don Carlo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:13 pm

On, memberlist.php , click on "posts" twice* and it will show the most active posters at the top. Top 15 are:
magoo1
Sponge
J. Swift
Tigger
programmer_guy
Hubbard's Mushroom
Ball of Fluff
tom_
Wieber
Ladybird
Don Carlo
'Alert'
pitbull
lermanet_com
umike

*(Click once and it shows the LEAST active posters, which isn't interesting)
I know this doesn't answer the question, but it shows how looooong we've been here. Many of us were active before the "joined" date when Andreas tightened registration in 2005; I couldn't get in as my old don_carlo then, so i changed my nick to Don Carlo. This member list doesn't capture early days; many, including me, were posting in the late 1990's.

sekh

Post by sekh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Definitely something wrong with this guy down here. The only post he's ever made is a "wanted" add for "home workers for marketing and clerical functions for online businesses". What the hell is a clerical function for online businesses? Marketing I understand, though it does not belong on this board, but CLERICAL sounds like CULT to me. And we all can guess which cult that might be.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2386
"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."
Sir Karl Popper (1902 - 1994)

Ladybird

Post by Ladybird » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Don Carlo wrote:Many of us were active before the "joined" date when Andreas tightened registration in 2005; I couldn't get in as my old don_carlo then, so i changed my nick to Don Carlo. This member list doesn't capture early days; many, including me, were posting in the late 1990's.

When the 2005 change came many of my "Ladybird" posts were changed to my "ID" "Tammy" instead of my username "Ladybird". memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=825

Quite a few of the most active posters have left or deleted their posts for one reason or another, but I think the member lists are useful as historical data at least. It is quite possible many of the non-active members still check in here from time to time, I know I did when I was "off-lines" and not posting.
[i]"There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH[/i]

skeptic2girl

Post by skeptic2girl » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:15 pm

sekhcollection wrote:Definitely something wrong with this guy down here. The only post he's ever made is a "wanted" add for "home workers for marketing and clerical functions for online businesses". What the hell is a clerical function for online businesses? Marketing I understand, though it does not belong on this board, but CLERICAL sounds like CULT to me. And we all can guess which cult that might be.

You're right that in English, the noun, "cleric" ("clerical" being the adjective form) refers to a religious worker, but it also (for some reason) refers to administrative assistant/secretarial work. So, I think it's just one of those work-at-home scams... and it's just ironic that there is a descriptive religious word in the title! :xenu:

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:40 pm

skeptic2girl wrote:
sekhcollection wrote:Definitely something wrong with this guy down here. The only post he's ever made is a "wanted" add for "home workers for marketing and clerical functions for online businesses". What the hell is a clerical function for online businesses? Marketing I understand, though it does not belong on this board, but CLERICAL sounds like CULT to me. And we all can guess which cult that might be.

You're right that in English, the noun, "cleric" ("clerical" being the adjective form) refers to a religious worker, but it also (for some reason) refers to administrative assistant/secretarial work. So, I think it's just one of those work-at-home scams... and it's just ironic that there is a descriptive religious word in the title! :xenu:
In this instance Clerical work refers to the noun "clerks",
not the noun clerics. Clerical work here
refers to things like bookkeeping, appointment notificaations, payment due notices, etc. done online and which can be done at home.....especially since the growth of the internet. Whether or not it is a scam depends on the WHO behind it.

Tigger
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

Return to “Feedback & Help”