OFF TOPIC SLOT

Any feedback you might have or help you need regarding OCMB. This is also the place to debate the board, moderating, the FAQ, etc.
Tigger

OFF TOPIC SLOT

Post by Tigger » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Looks like there is a place for about everything even Quotes which is an OFF TOPIC. (non SCN...)

In the interest of FREEDOM OF SPEECH, how about an 'OFF TOPIC' slot like they have on ESMB?

Tigger
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

duhast

Re: OFF TOPIC SLOT

Post by duhast » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:08 am

Not a bad idea. I know I've posted off topic stuff, but with a motive. I find the site is not as active as it was since I was here a couple years ago, so I've been trying to generate up stats...
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:19 am

OCMB is not here to secure freedom for everybody to speak about anything they please, that's what The internet is for. Some seem to mix the two. OCMB is only trying to fill a very small and specific niche here in the outskirts of the Internet.

Just because the admin and owner of this board is a strong proponent of freedom of speech and freedom of information, it is a logical fallacy to go on to assume something like "in the interests of free speech we should have a section where we should be allowed to talk about absolutely anything we like".

Be thankful that we get enough leeway with what we already have.

duhast

Post by duhast » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:52 am

Sponge wrote:OCMB is not here to secure freedom for everybody to speak about anything they please, that's what The internet is for. Some seem to mix the two. OCMB is only trying to fill a very small and specific niche here in the outskirts of the Internet.

Just because the admin and owner of this board is a strong proponent of freedom of speech and freedom of information, it is a logical fallacy to go on to assume something like "in the interests of free speech we should have a section where we should be allowed to talk about absolutely anything we like".

Understood.

The only thing I would respectfully say in further advocacy is that from my limited perspective, the site doesn't get a lot of traffic. I thought something like that might help generate a little more participation.

However, it is not my site, and I will now shut up on the matter.
I'm worth a million in prizes.

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:30 pm

Sponge wrote:OCMB is not here to secure freedom for everybody to speak about anything they please, that's what The internet is for. Some seem to mix the two. OCMB is only trying to fill a very small and specific niche here in the outskirts of the Internet.

Topics about getting a new job, getting married, moving, things, sharing personal concerns about violence, world peace, world hunger, etc. These types of things get posted on OCMB anyway. Why not have a place for them so those who ONLY want to read what they consider is connected to $CN can pass them by? Besides it might reduce your "workload" trying to put everything in its place.

Take a look here:

Off topic discussion - Ex Scientologist Message Board

http://forum.exscn.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13

LOL....just looked in the Dustbin to see what "terrible" posts get sent there.

I wonder how long before this one ends up there........

Operation Clambake Message Board • View forum - Dustbin

viewforum.php?f=15

BTW Sponge, I was the one who suggested that OCMB have a slot for Media Reports.

Bye,
Tigger
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

boringhousewife

Post by boringhousewife » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:05 am

Freedom of speech? hmm.
I've just had a topic disallowed for reasons that don't fit the bill.
I am really disappointed that it's happened.
I would've thought that ex-CoS members would be loathe to censor an innocuous post.
I'm waiting for a reply, but sadly it looks like I won't be coming back here.
I don't know how Clambake hopes to get its message across when censorship is so harsh
:(

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:47 am

Boring housewife, we probably accidentally disapproved one of your posts, thinking it was spam. We get hundreds of spam a day, and sometimes real posts get swept up. Post one more time (after 3 you are free to post) and you're good.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

boringhousewife

Post by boringhousewife » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:37 am

ok thanks :)
I got all uppity about it before I got an explanation...(I do that sometimes) ;)

boringhousewife

Post by boringhousewife » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:41 am

Just checking that I'm free to post now

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:17 am

You should be good to go! Post away.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Return to “Feedback & Help”