Any feedback you might have or help you need regarding OCMB. This is also the place to debate the board, moderating, the FAQ, etc.
Tigger

Post by Tigger » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:02 pm

The OCMB Log In Facility keeps telling me to log in when I access OCMB from the account I use for OCMB. When I do as told, I receive a notice that ALL
my attempts to log in have failed...(ONE ATTEMPT ONLY was made.) Then it tells me to
duplicate one of those jumbled messages, which because of my vision, I can not make heads or tails of.

So at present, I am posting from another e-mail account, but if/when that one goes bats....crazy too, I'm, for all extents and purposes....banned.

So can this problem be fixed at the source?

Thanks,

Tigger

admin
Site Admin

Re: LOG IN PROBLEMS

Post by admin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:41 pm

Can you try to create a new password?
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
[b]- Life is not a test.[/b]

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:15 pm

I too had a request to log in when I normally have it set to keep me logged in. I don't know how long the cookie is set to expire but this request to log in was accompanied by the "captcha" code thing stating that I'd used up more attempts than allowed, when I hadn't even done anything. I must have tried about 4 times (getting a new captcha image each time) because it was not clear at all in some cases and IIRC didn't specify whether the captcha code to be entered was case sensitive. Anyway it logged me in after several attempts when I got a captcha image with charcters that weren't ambigious and it's back to normal now.

touchstone

Post by touchstone » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:15 am

I just had a problem along these lines (got in on first 'captcha' (?) test); I suspected foul play.

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:15 am

touchstone wrote:I just had a problem along these lines (got in on first 'captcha' (?) test); I suspected foul play.
Whew.....if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Well, I lost track of how many times I've tried, but finally deciphered
one of those IMO ridiculous codes.

Anybody know, if you can't log on, how you could possibly change a password?

JW

Tigger
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:56 am

Under password input when you log in there is a link: "I forgot my password"
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
[b]- Life is not a test.[/b]

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks Andreas,

Well it's happened again. Last night both e-mail accounts could log on. This morning only one.......if history is repeated.......it will only be a few days until this e-mail access is also gone again.

When/if that happens, I will then try the change password remedy.

Tigger
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

Panda Termint

Post by Panda Termint » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:32 am

Bea Kiddo is having problems after losing her key to the door.
See http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=22247
Several months ago I cleaned out my computer and took out all cookies and memory of passwords. And alas, I am locked out of OCMB. I have not been able to log in over there for months. I have sent message through the "unable to log-in" thing, but never gotten a response.

Is there anyone here who can help? Thanks!

(Oh! ps - i still lurk and read over here, I just don't post much. Not meaning to sound like I am running from all you crazy - oh! I mean, regular, people).
Admin/Mods, please help her.
Dave Gibbons, Sydney AUSTRALIA.
Practicing scientologist 1974 - 2008
No longer a scientologist.

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Panda Termint wrote:Bea Kiddo is having problems after losing her key to the door.
See http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=22247
Several months ago I cleaned out my computer and took out all cookies and memory of passwords. And alas, I am locked out of OCMB. I have not been able to log in over there for months. I have sent message through the "unable to log-in" thing, but never gotten a response.

Is there anyone here who can help? Thanks!

(Oh! ps - i still lurk and read over here, I just don't post much. Not meaning to sound like I am running from all you crazy - oh! I mean, regular, people).
Admin/Mods, please help her.
Has the "change (forgot) your password"
option been tried? I haven't tired it and can't recall what info you have to provide .
At the moment (wipes brow) I'm logged in and I don't want to challenge the genie in the box.
:P
This section is not shown on Active Posts.....the only reason I saw it is because I am on the "notify me" alert for this thread. ......................That being said.......if you don't get an answer in a reasonable amount of time......you might try a notice in Opinions and Debate......Sponge can always route your inquiry and the answer back here.

Tigger
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Press Login
Press I forgot my password/Resend activation e-mail
Go to your email and open the message from Clambake
In the email there will be instructions about how to login in and reset your password

Btw, if you don't see the email, the most likely explanation is that you opened your account a long time ago, and the email address you used way back then is not the one you normally use today. So cast your mind back to what different email addresses you have used, and look there.
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

Bea Kiddo

Post by Bea Kiddo » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:22 am

Thanks guys. Its fixed. :P
My story in a nutshell: Born into Scn, raised in the SO. Trained to Class VI (SHSBC) Golden Age of Tech, OT V, Supervisor. Sea Org for 17 years. SP declared.

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:59 am

Yay, glad you're back!
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

charlottesometimes

Post by charlottesometimes » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Bea Kiddo wrote:Thanks guys. Its fixed. :P
:) Yay! glad you're back.

Sponge

Post by Sponge » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Welcome back.

For the benefit of others with the same problem, can you post on how was it fixed for you?
(or was it admin majik? ;)).

Bea Kiddo

Post by Bea Kiddo » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:19 am

Sponge wrote:
Welcome back.

For the benefit of others with the same problem, can you post on how was it fixed for you?
(or was it admin majik? ;)).
You have to click on the link sent to you in the email. Then it will work. I was not clicking on the link to activate the new password. Once I did that, it worked.
My story in a nutshell: Born into Scn, raised in the SO. Trained to Class VI (SHSBC) Golden Age of Tech, OT V, Supervisor. Sea Org for 17 years. SP declared.

Return to “Feedback & Help”