Any feedback you might have or help you need regarding OCMB. This is also the place to debate the board, moderating, the FAQ, etc.
Tigger

Re: LOG IN PROBLEMS

Post by Tigger » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:24 pm

It seems like every day I have to log on again. I always press the Log on automatically button. Anyone else have this problem?

Tigger
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:16 pm

I suspect that this is caused by spam login attempts. Someone (scripts?) are trying to log in with existing usernames triggering the number of max failed login attempts in the system. Please keep logging how often it happens to you.
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
[b]- Life is not a test.[/b]

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:15 pm

admin wrote:I suspect that this is caused by spam login attempts. Someone (scripts?) are trying to log in with existing usernames triggering the number of max failed login attempts in the system. Please keep logging how often it happens to you.
Thanks Andreas,

Ah, the "sweet" mysteries of tech!

Best,

Tigger

TheEvilOfScientology

Post by TheEvilOfScientology » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:54 pm

I still have to keep on manually logging in each time I visit OCMB. I've tried clearing my cookies, changing my password, etc. To no avail.

Using Firefox 3.3.13.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:24 pm

As far as I know you are the only one experiencing the problem. I have no idea what can cause it. :(
Andreas @ www.xenu.net
[b]- Life is not a test.[/b]

TheEvilOfScientology

Post by TheEvilOfScientology » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:59 pm

admin wrote:As far as I know you are the only one experiencing the problem. I have no idea what can cause it. :(

I blame OSA (or Big Pharma - take your pick)!

Strange, because every other site/forum that has auto-login works perfectly. Only OCMB is giving me this problem.

I'll be installing a new O/S tomorrow and a full reinstall of all my apps etc. Hopefully that might fix things.

TheEvilOfScientology

Post by TheEvilOfScientology » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Nope! No luck sorting this problem out. I've tried just about everything I can think of.

Is anyone else other than me experiencing a problem with staying logged in here? I'm a member of a couple of dozen other forums, and OCMB is the only one I'm having grief with.

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:09 pm

TheEvilOfScientology wrote:Nope! No luck sorting this problem out. I've tried just about everything I can think of.

Is anyone else other than me experiencing a problem with staying logged in here? I'm a member of a couple of dozen other forums, and OCMB is the only one I'm having grief with.
Nope. Logging in every time has happened, but seldom. Mostly for me....it.s.....Having to log in every couple of days when using one of two email addys.

Perhsps you could try logging on and posting from a different email addy?

or

maybe abandoning your current OCMB account and creating an entirely new account, new (possibly shorter) nick, new password and even a new email addy (if possible), could solve your problems? Maybe not.

I have two email addys from which I can read and post.....
one seems to always be asking me to log in every couple days and the other one.....not nearly so often. So......maybe if you just try logging in and posting from another email addy using your current account? You might try that before going to the extreme of getting a new account.

Good Luck,

Tigger
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

"If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world."

TheEvilOfScientology

Post by TheEvilOfScientology » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:29 am

I get logged out the second I leave OCMB. I might try opening a new account and see what happens...

julenissen222

Post by julenissen222 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:24 pm

Agree TEOS. Just make a new test account and try to reproduce the problem on the new account. And if you have different browsers you use, then try each one of them, and see if they give you different result. And what addons do you use in Firefox? I ask because there are alot of Firefox addons that can alter the cookies, like anti-spam/mal/advert-traps.

Answer if you are a nerd or technical:
If you read the phpBB community board and search for "Log me in" ( http://www.phpbb.com/community ) there are alot cookie-problems showing up. Some problems with the board software itself but also with Apache and PHP.

ps
I am unable to reproduce this problem myself (Tried with IE7, IE8, IE9, Firefox 4 and Chrome 10).

Julenissen of Norway

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:04 pm

LOL....It happened to me today.....I've had to log in twice (every time I came to OCMB)
from this email addy in addition to having to log on yesterday.

The other email addy I use still has me logged in and has had me logged in for days.

Have you tried using a different email addy to access your account to see what that does for you?

Tigger from Oklahoma
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

I'mglib

Post by I'mglib » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:52 am

Just curious, which web browser are you using?
"A man may build himself a throne of bayonets, but he cannot sit on it." -William Ralph Inge

Watch the Los Angeles press conference here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ScilonTV#p/

TheEvilOfScientology

Post by TheEvilOfScientology » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:14 am

I'mglib wrote:Just curious, which web browser are you using?

I'm using Firfox 4.0

I get logged out the second that I navigate away from the forum. It's not like a couple of hours later, I come back and have to log in. If I went to any other site for just a split second, and came back here, I have to log back in again. OCMB is the only forum I have managed to find that this happens with. Even my own forum, which is also phpBB like OCMB, works perfectly.

TEoS

Post by TEoS » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Well this is interesting. I made this new account, and I appear (touch wood) now to be staying logged in. Rather annoying that I have to lose my post count (and currently my posts seem to be being screened) but such is life!

TEoS

Post by TEoS » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Ignore my previous post. Even with this new account, new email address, and new password, I still can't stay logged in. :(

Return to “Feedback & Help”