One opened, more to come!
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:29 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Maybe it's paranoia.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:52 am 

As a skeptic I say that things that seem too good to be true are. I recently stopped to seek gainful employment at a staffing agency in Downtown Clearwater. I was treated well and quickly offered an interview. After IQ tests, personality tests, leadership tests, I was offered a job of modest wage with HUGE promotion potential. The next day I was called to fix some of my test answers, the leadership test from U-M@n International. Now my skeptic alerts really go off and I do some googling. Except for the fact that I know I am an intelligent slacker nothing says that I am qualified for this job other than my ability to hold a job. Turns out the owner of said staffing agency is a $cientologist (member of WISE), the former VP of this company a $cientologist and there was a book on $cientology in the CEO's office. I am now on a seek and destroy mission. I hate people who fill others with false hope. I would like to know if anyone has encountered a situation like this. Part of me says that I am making a big mistake by throwing away a potentially good job, but the other says that I would not want to work with anyone that will try to indoctrinate me. Inevitably I would just lose the job through sheer annoyance, or worse... I offer my services to anyone with any queries about Clearwater, I live on the same street as their resorts, just a couple of blocks from this SP building.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:58 pm 

Doug,
Count yourself as lucky, you just avoid what probably could have been a very big mistake.

$cientology is an organization which makes big promises to lure people into their organization where they can steal their lives and money.

The only people who benefit from $cientology are the top management.

Admin is the Cart,
Ethics is the whip,
Guess who the Horses are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:25 pm 

I have heard of Scientologist companies hiring wogs, with intentions of getting them on the Bridge. Some people make quite a bit of money when getting wogs onto the Bridge.

Post subject: My mother hd a similar experience
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:35 am 

Upon moving here as a retired teacher and doing some job searching, she was offered a position that DID NOT fit her qualifications. Fortunately my mother prays about every large choice she is faced with and was met with a strong feeling to leave it alone.

IrishEyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:22 am 

So did you take that job? If so, got any good stories?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:51 am 

Take the frikin job. Make some cash, look for another job.

Then report back on their subtle techniques. Don't buy their "great potential" BS.

What kind of job and compnay is this.