One opened, more to come!
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: new pics...2
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:52 pm
Posts: 577
Location: clearwater,fl.
ALL THESE LINKS ARE DEAD........SORRY


Last edited by proflex on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:28 pm
Posts: 159
Location: Clearwater, FL
I'm still not sure as to why all the churchs buildings need to be surrounded by photoelectirc sensors.

_________________
Peace out,
Ike

ITD :: Ike Turner Designs

Scieno Times


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 845
Location: Babylon 5
IkeTurner wrote:

Quote:
I'm still not sure as to why all the churchs buildings need to be surrounded by photoelectirc sensors.



Mmmmhhh, maybe to sense all the negative charge coming from an approaching SP, before it enturbulates the environment ? :?

Geee, looking at all those cameras makes the whole thing look so creepy and cold and depressing. Is that their idea of a " safe environment " ? Looks more like a KGB or CIA building.

_________________
" CULTS ARE SOUL STEALERS "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:48 pm
Posts: 1564
I think those are IR motion detectors.
They way they are placed if I see that photo correctly is that anyone walking towards the building would set it off. (photo 18)

Atheist


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: mot.det. not....
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:52 pm
Posts: 577
Location: clearwater,fl.
infared beam goes from one to another,something breaks the beam and it sounds an alert in the sec. office....then they refer to the appropiate camera for a quick look at the intruder before calling in the heavy artillery.....what a job for a minister..i mean preist..i mean sec. agent.... :shock:....whoops wrong photo,sorry..thats a 360 deg. video cam...under a bulb...


Last edited by proflex on Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:19 am
Posts: 693
That's just... creepy

:puker:

.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:28 pm
Posts: 159
Location: Clearwater, FL
StormBringer wrote:
I think those are IR motion detectors.
They way they are placed if I see that photo correctly is that anyone walking towards the building would set it off. (photo 18)

Atheist


They are photolectric.... its just a fancy name for overpriced motion detector

_________________
Peace out,
Ike

ITD :: Ike Turner Designs

Scieno Times


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:54 am
Posts: 79
Location: Canada
That is freaking scary! Why would a church need so much security???

It seems like they don't want anybody coming in, or coming out. In my book that is far from being a church.

What do they have to hide ????????


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Yes....
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:52 pm
Posts: 577
Location: clearwater,fl.
EXACTLY....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 845
Location: Babylon 5
Onyx wrote:

Quote:
What do they have to hide ????????


Plenty of things, my friend, plenty of things . . .

_________________
" CULTS ARE SOUL STEALERS "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:08 pm
Posts: 194
Location: La Cité des enfants perdus
IkeTurner wrote:
StormBringer wrote:
I think those are IR motion detectors.
They way they are placed if I see that photo correctly is that anyone walking towards the building would set it off. (photo 18)

Atheist


They are photolectric.... its just a fancy name for overpriced motion detector


There's more of a difference than that.

Photoelectric strictly speaking is a modulated (usually infrared) beam between a transmitter and receiver (or can be reflected, with both T & R in one housing). When something passes through the narrow beam breaking it, there's an alert signal. Alignment is fairly critical with this type, but they work well as long as there isn't too much ambient light interfering with the beam(best indoors). Not really a motion detector in the true sense.


Image

These units look like passive infrared (PIR) motion detectors, which don't produce a beam but monitor for changes in IR radiation over a wider area, like when a warm body or vehicle enters/passes. I see 2 mounted to this stake, at right angles to each other.


Image

This is a pan/tilt/zoom patrol camera which can be operated remotely and/or set to continuously scan a programmed path. Pretty sophisticated stuff. They cost $1500-2000 apiece. The hot setup is to hook these up to a controller triggered by PIR or beam sensors directing them to follow and record detected motion events.


Image

I don't know what this smaller device is. Possibly a fixed camera to continuously cover a specific area while the larger PTZ dome is free to scan a 270 degr area on both sides of the corner, or maybe its an IR spot illuminator.



Image

The box like things are weatherproof camera housings. Sometimes they're mounted on pan/tilt platforms, but these appear to be fixed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:28 pm
Posts: 159
Location: Clearwater, FL
Tomas wrote:
IkeTurner wrote:
StormBringer wrote:
I think those are IR motion detectors.
They way they are placed if I see that photo correctly is that anyone walking towards the building would set it off. (photo 18)

Atheist


They are photolectric.... its just a fancy name for overpriced motion detector


There's more of a difference than that.

Photoelectric strictly speaking is a modulated (usually infrared) beam between a transmitter and receiver (or can be reflected, with both T & R in one housing). When something passes through the narrow beam breaking it, there's an alert signal. Alignment is fairly critical with this type, but they work well as long as there isn't too much ambient light interfering with the beam(best indoors). Not really a motion detector in the true sense.


Image

These units look like passive infrared (PIR) motion detectors, which don't produce a beam but monitor for changes in IR radiation over a wider area, like when a warm body or vehicle enters/passes. I see 2 mounted to this stake, at right angles to each other.



They are not passive infrared (commonly called pyroinfrared). They ARE photoelectric (which is IR)as you described above. They look like they may be made by Optex.I know that in technical terms they are not "motion sensors" but beam sensors. But in generic terminology thats what they are called.

_________________
Peace out,
Ike

ITD :: Ike Turner Designs

Scieno Times


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:41 pm
Posts: 74
The Yachtsman features sensors on all the walls, to make sure no one leaves at night. When any sensor beam is broken, a chime goes off in the reception.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:08 am
Posts: 428
Location: Moscow, ID
all of the image links in this thread are dead. :(

_________________
What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes.
-Harry Houdini


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group