One opened, more to come!
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: new Tampa org?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:54 pm 

A little bird who resides in the 'hood mentioned that somewhere around Osborne and Nebraska is a 2-story white house that over the weekend, had white plastic chairs and a banner outside advertising stress test, a bust of LRH on the porch, and some people milling about trying to make it look busy.

This person has no experience with Scn, Inc. and didn't know of my critactivities, but confided that they were totally freaked out by the "scam artists" moving in nearby.

"Why are they coming to our neighborhood?" she asked. "We don't have any money!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:14 am 

So I went by the Seminole Heights house. No one was around. It's on the corner of Louisiana and Nebraska, across from the drive-thru convenience store. There was a banner that said Church of Scientology Mission Old Tampa Bay, but when I drove by again today, the banner was gone, the house still empty.
I asked at the drive-thru, and the guy said there were about 60 people there over the weekend when it opened. He told me the local residents, who have a strong neighborhood group, really don't want a mission there.
On a local board, they were discussing the zoning issues of having a church in a house, parking on dirt instead of pavement, other parking issues, etc.
So much for that!

-m.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:37 pm 

Is this the house? I took these pics of a house that fit the description a few weeks ago:

(images removed because they are not of the building)

Last edited by SP_thats_me on Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:16 am 

No.

The house is on the corner of Louisiana and Nebraska, across Louisiana from the Mini-mart drive-thru. On the west side is a high fence, behind which are stored several lemon-shaped kiosks. These are owned by a guy who sells lemonade out of them at fairs and such, and not part of the mission.